Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

5 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

Very happy, not looking to leave. Answers to individual questions strung together as one answer. He stays for next season at least. Probably bewildered as to how much badge kissing and corner flag waving does a man have to do [emoji38]

If he's not booting the fuck out of it like Ketsbaia did the advertising, he's obviously not committed enough! 🤣

7 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He can still say no if the release clause is met. 

It's always possible the club asks him not to do that...

Posted (edited)

I'm dangerously adamant that he's not leaving this summer. But probably also need to stop rolling eyes at the noise.... just in case it actually happens! :rolleyes:

Edited by Ketsbaia

5 hours ago, Joe1984 said:

If he's not booting the fuck out of it like Ketsbaia did the advertising, he's obviously not committed enough! 🤣

Yeah there’s room for his radge  improvement that’s for sure [emoji38]

19 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

Full Context:

IMG_2597.thumb.jpeg.e1ddfff7b673dda2c4fd1ce9cdf1cc75.jpeg

Bruno Guimarães on his future:

"I think I’m at my best moment in my personal life, in my professional life, it all helps a lot, it’s all connected. I think Newcastle is the club that, with all due respect to Lyon, I feel most at home at in Europe. I’m an idol of the fans, I get a lot of respect from everyone! I think it all worked out very well, right? It was a good season, even though the club had a lot of injuries, a lot of suspensions too. I think it was a great season for me, one that will stay in my memory, and I hope to have more seasons like that. My future? I’m under contract at Newcastle, I’m very happy. I don’t know what’s gonna happen with Financial Fair Play, but I can say I’m very happy. It’s nice to see my name linked with big clubs, it means I’m doing my job well - but I’m not worried — I’m happy at Newcastle. We will see what happens”

🖤🤍

Basically happy to stay, unless club turn around and say we have to accept this offer because it’s X amount and we need a sale. 

Think personally, only clubs he leaves us for is Real Madrid or PSG. Which won’t be till 2025 at earliest, but if we take a good stride forward and get back into UCL, it won’t just entice him to stay but also means we can be stronger on not selling.

I’m confident of getting 2 more seasons from him, and if he wants to move at age 28, then so be it, we would’ve got 4 1/2 seasons out of him which is a good return. All parties can move on happy, just need to maximise the next 2 seasons of him as he’s a proper jewel.

He will most likely stay. The club wants him sold for 100 million, but he wont, since no one will pay that because he is not worth that. Possibly psg could come in, but doubt that.

Would say, at that point, if Saudis are still spending, let’s extend his contract, loan him to Real Madrid for 2 seasons, then sell him to Al-Ahli afterwards in 2028 for £90m :D 

1 minute ago, Sibierski said:

Basically happy to stay, unless club turn around and say we have to accept this offer because it’s X amount and we need a sale. 

Think personally, only clubs he leaves us for is Real Madrid or PSG. Which won’t be till 2025 at earliest, but if we take a good stride forward and get back into UCL, it won’t just entice him to stay but also means we can be stronger on not selling.

I’m confident of getting 2 more seasons from him, and if he wants to move at age 28, then so be it, we would’ve got 4 1/2 seasons out of him which is a good return. All parties can move on happy, just need to maximise the next 2 seasons of him as he’s a proper jewel.

Yeah hoping we progress to at least Top 4/Europe next season. Think he’ll get the armband at some point and that will encourage him to stay longer. His parents are very happy and much loved here and it’s not just him moving away. Time will tell. Pleasure to have him wear the shirt. Love the bloke. The teams beating heart 🖤🤍

4 minutes ago, BlueLion said:

He will most likely stay. The club wants him sold for 100 million, but he wont, since no one will pay that because he is not worth that. Possibly psg could come in, but doubt that.

Easily worth 150m+. Hes a PR goldmine

Just now, Myleftboot said:

Surely they can’t spend £100 million with 115 charges hanging over them.

They clearly just do what they want

19 hours ago, TK-421 said:

Aye, saw somehting like that earlier from a Liverpool related X account. Saying that due to our FFP situation, we may be forced to accept an offer of around £68m rather than the £100m we want. :whistle:

I'd honestly rather just take a 4 point penalty.

Firstly, 4 points isn't worth £32m in prize money - Probable even if you included it being the difference between what competitions we qualified for the year after.

Secondly, keeping Bruno would more than make up those 4 points anyway.

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

I'd honestly rather just take a 4 point penalty.

Firstly, 4 points isn't worth £32m in prize money - Probable even if you included it being the difference between what competitions we qualified for the year after.

Secondly, keeping Bruno would more than make up those 4 points anyway.

Wishful thinking/delusion from other clubs.  We have no FFP issue that would imminently cause a problem and our revenues are only going to go up.  We wouldn't even want to sell for £100m, he's worth more to us than that.  Just glad so many other clubs are currently shy to spend big because the £100m clause must be very tempting to a few of them.  No matter what some of the weird trolls on here say he's a world class midfielder well worth that price.

Edited by Teasy

On 06/06/2024 at 18:12, PauloGeordio said:

Full Context:

IMG_2597.thumb.jpeg.e1ddfff7b673dda2c4fd1ce9cdf1cc75.jpeg

Bruno Guimarães on his future:

"I think I’m at my best moment in my personal life, in my professional life, it all helps a lot, it’s all connected. I think Newcastle is the club that, with all due respect to Lyon, I feel most at home at in Europe. I’m an idol of the fans, I get a lot of respect from everyone! I think it all worked out very well, right? It was a good season, even though the club had a lot of injuries, a lot of suspensions too. I think it was a great season for me, one that will stay in my memory, and I hope to have more seasons like that. My future? I’m under contract at Newcastle, I’m very happy. I don’t know what’s gonna happen with Financial Fair Play, but I can say I’m very happy. It’s nice to see my name linked with big clubs, it means I’m doing my job well - but I’m not worried — I’m happy at Newcastle. We will see what happens”

🖤🤍

Now that, my friends, is a healthy attitude for a footballer to have towards his career.