Bruno Guimarães

Fantail Breeze

11 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

From 1st July other clubs aren’t limited by FFP for the current season.  I don’t think the speculation will end until the window closes.  I also think it’s likely that Bruno stays as I don’t think anyone will offer what we’d likely want and he’s unlikely at the moment to agitate for a move - he isn’t a £100m footballer, and I’d be surprised if we got a bid for that amount.  The clause would have been set at that amount and agreed by the club because it outstrips their valuation of him - you don’t agree to automatic release clauses under or equal to the amount that you think a player is worth to you.

If Grealish, Fernandez and Caicedo were 100million then Bruno is at least that.

8 minutes ago, madras said:

If Grealish, Fernandez and Caicedo were 100million then Bruno is at least that.

Fernandez and Caicedo were utterly insane transfers by a club throwing money about like it was going out of fashion.  Grealish’s passport accounts for a fair mark-up.

Perhaps a club will be crackers enough to bid £100m+ for Bruno.  I doubt it though. 

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Fernandez and Caicedo were utterly insane transfers by a club throwing money about like it was going out of fashion.  Grealish’s passport accounts for a fair mark-up.

Perhaps a club will be crackers enough to bid £100m+ for Bruno.  I doubt it though. 

Liverpool were bidding not a kick in the arse off that for Caicedo so it wasn't just one club. If Grealishs passport accounted for so much it would happen more.

Just now, madras said:

Liverpool were bidding not a kick in the arse off that for Caicedo so it wasn't just one club. If Grealishs passport accounted for so much it would happen more.

There’s definitely an English premium applied to all players with that nationality, due mainly to rules around local players.  If Grealish was any other nationality then Man City aren’t paying £100m. 

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

There’s definitely an English premium applied to all players with that nationality, due mainly to rules around local players.  If Grealish was any other nationality then Man City aren’t paying £100m. 

But both Liverpool and Chelsea were prepared to pay it for Caicedo ?

1 minute ago, madras said:

But both Liverpool and Chelsea were prepared to pay it for Caicedo ?

Fair enough, seemed batshit to me and the time and remains batshit today.  I don’t think anyone will bid £100m+ for Bruno, so I’d be surprised if he isn’t here next season.  I think I’d be less confident next summer if we don’t have a really good season next year though. 

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Fair enough, seemed batshit to me and the time and remains batshit today.  I don’t think anyone will bid £100m+ for Bruno, so I’d be surprised if he isn’t here next season.  I think I’d be less confident next summer if we don’t have a really good season next year though. 

It seems batshit to me but others set the going rate. I dont think any footballer is worth more than a couple of million and certainly not worth some of the ridiculous fees they get but I dont set the market.

Agree about being confident of his being here next season but I think the season after we may be looking to sell more so.

Edited by madras

26 minutes ago, nufcjmc said:

Bruno is priceless to our team that's all that matters to me. 

Yeah current technology allows for a heart bypass but not the replacement of the beating heart of the team. Without the heart we are nothing 🖤🤍

12 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Yeah current technology allows for a heart bypass but not the replacement of the beating heart of the team. Without the heart we are nothing 🖤🤍

Stats don't lie we don't win without him he also does the work of at least 3 players when on the pitch last min defending, play maker, breaks up play to find it all in a single package costs ALOT of money. 

https://www.nufcblog.co.uk/2024/06/17/new-twist-in-bruno-guimaraes-saga-espn-issue-man-city-update-ahead-of-100m-cut-off/

New twist in Bruno Guimaraes saga – ESPN issue Man City update ahead of £100m cut-off

Only a week left on Brunos £100m clause

ESPN have issued an update on Bruno Guimaraes’ future, pointing towards some potentially good news for Newcastle United.

Rob Dawson – ESPN’s chief correspondent in Manchester – reports that Man City are considering a move for Bruno if one of Kevin De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva or Matheus Nunes asks to leave this summer. However, his sources have told ESPN that the Premier League champions value the Brazilian below his £100m release clause.

This clause is only valid for another week and is due to expire on Monday 24th June, meaning Newcastle United can then dictate any asking price and demand in excess of £100m for the final two months of the summer window.

So, if Man City are only prepared to sign Bruno if a key player leaves and value him below the £100m clause price, it seems increasingly likely that the 26-year-old will be going nowhere.

It’s previously been reported that Arsenal can no afford to meet his current buyout clause and that PSG are ‘out of the race’ for the South American, who is currently away with the Brazilian national team ahead of Copa America.

Speaking about his £100m clause last month, Eddie Howe said: “Having that [cut-off point] was well planned and structured in the sense that there’s a finish point,” Newcastle manager Eddie Howe said last month.

“We don’t want a summer of speculation. I don’t think that would be healthy for the player or for us.”

26 minutes ago, GeordieToon said:

https://www.nufcblog.co.uk/2024/06/17/new-twist-in-bruno-guimaraes-saga-espn-issue-man-city-update-ahead-of-100m-cut-off/

New twist in Bruno Guimaraes saga – ESPN issue Man City update ahead of £100m cut-off

Only a week left on Brunos £100m clause

ESPN have issued an update on Bruno Guimaraes’ future, pointing towards some potentially good news for Newcastle United.

Rob Dawson – ESPN’s chief correspondent in Manchester – reports that Man City are considering a move for Bruno if one of Kevin De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva or Matheus Nunes asks to leave this summer. However, his sources have told ESPN that the Premier League champions value the Brazilian below his £100m release clause.

This clause is only valid for another week and is due to expire on Monday 24th June, meaning Newcastle United can then dictate any asking price and demand in excess of £100m for the final two months of the summer window.

So, if Man City are only prepared to sign Bruno if a key player leaves and value him below the £100m clause price, it seems increasingly likely that the 26-year-old will be going nowhere.

It’s previously been reported that Arsenal can no afford to meet his current buyout clause and that PSG are ‘out of the race’ for the South American, who is currently away with the Brazilian national team ahead of Copa America.

Speaking about his £100m clause last month, Eddie Howe said: “Having that [cut-off point] was well planned and structured in the sense that there’s a finish point,” Newcastle manager Eddie Howe said last month.

“We don’t want a summer of speculation. I don’t think that would be healthy for the player or for us.”

IMG_2788.thumb.jpeg.b35fb2776f0f90d49bb668bc9b5524c2.jpeg
🖤🤍

Presumably Man City will hope we buckle and accept less than £100m once the deadline passes. Hopefully once we get to 00:01 on 1st July Bruno falls into the same category as Isak and someone will have to stump up nearer £200m.

I know it was only rumour but didn't city get put off westham wanting 80/90m for paqueta? Obviously before the betting thing came out. Sometimes the value to the current team is more than what they would be worth if there was 3 or 4 similar players for sale around. Ultimately as people have said we are compensated massively or he stays whether or not that constitutes a fair deal for the other club I guess I don't care.  I hope he gives us another year and we can maybe get ourselves back into the champions league. 

Edited by nufcjmc

29 minutes ago, nufcjmc said:

I know it was only rumour but didn't city get put off westham wanting 80/90m for paqueta? Obviously before the betting thing came out. Sometimes the value to the current team is more than what they would be worth if there was 3 or 4 similar players for sale around. Ultimately as people have said we are compensated massively or he stays whether or not that constitutes a fair deal for the other club I guess I don't care.  I hope he gives us another year and we can maybe get ourselves back into the champions league. 

From memory I think they walked away because of the potential betting issue

46 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

Man Utd have come in with a 20 mill bid though.

And we'd be utter c**** not to comply according to red cafe.

5 hours ago, madras said:

And we'd be utter c**** not to comply according to red cafe.

Then we'll put him on beach volleyball / butt lift leave until we get what we want

Just another little thing but all builds up in what would make him the perfect club captain. Seems well loved in the squad and he loves everyone. (Remember him gatecrashing Targett's interview after the Arsenal home game saying he must stay). :lol:

Screenshot_20240619-095946.png