Mason Greenwood

mouldy_uk

47 minutes ago, SEMTEX said:

Am I misremembering how good he was or something? I would have thought he didn't warrant the fuss from a Man Utd perspective. Very odd. 

Just pay the man off and send him to whichever bellend club wants to take him. 

Generational talent and the expectation was that he'd go on to be one of our greatest ever. 

The CIES algorithm at one point had him as the most valuable player in the world. 

There's a reason why they want to bring him back. If this was a Maguire or a Fred he'd have been kicked to the kerb long ago. 

For all of his fuckery, bacon face Ferguson didn’t take no bullshit when it came to sullying the name of the club. If you put the clubs reputation at stake then you were gone. 

Man United can’t win here and I’m absolutely here for it. They either cut their losses on a huge young talent or they sink to the morally bankrupt levels of your average Liverpool fan. It’s fuckin glorious. It could massively affect their season.

51 minutes ago, Cf said:

The CPS can't force people to testify. If their case relies on her testimony and cooperation and they don't have it then they won't prosecute. 

Cases only go to trial when the prosecution think there's a realistic chance of conviction. 

If they did prosecute in these circumstances he'd likely be found innocent. In some ways it's worse for him this way around. He can't claim he was found innocent, just that he wasn't charged, but we've all heard the tape. Everyone "knows he's guilty" and he doesn't really have a counter to that. 

they still have the option to take a case to court 'in the public interest' regardless of whether or not the she withdrew her statement. I would say the video evidence would've been more than sufficient to bring about a realistic chance of conviction. he was as guilty as fuck. 

the justice system in this country is by and large, fucked.

3 minutes ago, thepercyarms said:

they still have the option to take a case to court 'in the public interest' regardless of whether or not the she withdrew her statement. I would say the video evidence would've been more than sufficient to bring about a realistic chance of conviction. he was as guilty as fuck. 

they can only take cases to court if it’s in the public interest. They can bring a victimless prosecution but that’s tricky. They are also only supposed to take a case to court if there is a realistic prospect of conviction. 

4 minutes ago, thepercyarms said:

Yeah, they do have that option, but then he could’ve forced her to attend court and give evidence (or else the court could’ve wanted her to themselves) and it would’ve gone to ratshit- that scenario is just not worth the bother. 

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

The father being supportive of her relationship is irrelevant. You’d be surprised at how many people have an inappropriate attitude regarding their kids.

Some of the things I’ve heard from fathers about their daughters at previous work places was just shocking, and wholly inappropriate.

There is a link between children growing up in households where relationships are broken, and/or inappropriate, and then getting into relationships as an adult with abusers.

Read a few times that Nicole wanted to leave OJ several times and was guilted into not doing so by the rest of her family 

I doubt contractually Man U or sponsors could pull the plug that easily without a conviction - That being said, Nike sacked him off pretty quickly but suspect they have tighter image restrictions on their individual sponsorship....

To be honest, I'm surprised Man U wouldn't try and flog him elsewhere and if I were him I'd want to slope off somewhere a little off radar as well.

2 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

I doubt contractually Man U or sponsors could pull the plug that easily without a conviction - That being said, Nike sacked him off pretty quickly but suspect they have tighter image restrictions on their individual sponsorship....

To be honest, I'm surprised Man U wouldn't try and flog him elsewhere and if I were him I'd want to slope off somewhere a little off radar as well.

Yes they can.

You do not need evidence beyond reasonable doubt to sack someone, like you do in a court of law.

You just need the probability of them having committed the offence to be greater than the probability that they didn’t.

Edited by Stifler

7 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Yes they can.

You do not need evidence beyond reasonable doubt to sack someone, like you do in a court of law.

You just need the probability of them having committed the offence to be greater than the probability that they didn’t.

You still have to undertake a process and what would their justification be? I suspect offences directly associated to his actual role of playing football would have a lesser threshold, but anything else is going to have to be pretty watertight to avoid a shitload of legal action from him.

Does it not count at bringing the company into disrepute or similar wording? If there's grounds on which the club can evidence the negative impact of him remaining at the club then surely he can be sacked without compensation.

Just to add, that'd probably leave Greenwood in a position whereby he would have to decide if he wanted to take the club to court, and if he did, he'd probably be outed and found guilty of his crimes. So really that's the route I'd expect Man United to take to essentially remove the bad apple and quieten the noise as quickly as possible.

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

Generational talent and the expectation was that he'd go on to be one of our greatest ever. 

The CIES algorithm at one point had him as the most valuable player in the world. 

There's a reason why they want to bring him back. If this was a Maguire or a Fred he'd have been kicked to the kerb long ago. 

What's your position on it @Froggy?  No judgement, i'm just interested to hear the viewpoint of a Man Utd fan

22 minutes ago, Heron said:

Does it not count at bringing the company into disrepute or similar wording? If there's grounds on which the club can evidence the negative impact of him remaining at the club then surely he can be sacked without compensation.

12 minutes ago, Heron said:

Just to add, that'd probably leave Greenwood in a position whereby he would have to decide if he wanted to take the club to court, and if he did, he'd probably be outed and found guilty of his crimes. So really that's the route I'd expect Man United to take to essentially remove the bad apple and quieten the noise as quickly as possible.

You'd imagine so as they have undertaken their own investigation into it. 

If they do retain him, I guess you can either assume they didn't have enough evidence to cut him loose, or they did but chose to keep him anyway for their own reasons. 

I suspect 95% of the population will happily assume the latter [emoji38]

Edited by Hhtoon

1 minute ago, Hhtoon said:

You'd imagine so as they have undertaken their own investigation into it. 

If they do retain him, I guess you can either assume they didn't have enough evidence to cut him loose, or they did but chose to keep him anyway for their own reasons. 

I suspect 95% of the population will happily assume the latter [emoji38]

I do.

2 hours ago, Stifler said:

The father being supportive of her relationship is irrelevant. You’d be surprised at how many people have an inappropriate attitude regarding their kids.

Some of the things I’ve heard from fathers about their daughters at previous work places was just shocking, and wholly inappropriate.

There is a link between children growing up in households where relationships are broken, and/or inappropriate, and then getting into relationships as a adult with abusers.

I was replying to "her family probably don't approve". I'm shocked at the fathers comments myself.

33 minutes ago, simonsays said:

What's your position on it @Froggy?  No judgement, i'm just interested to hear the viewpoint of a Man Utd fan

Probably naive of me but I think a club should always put fans first. 

For our female supporters what do they do now if Greenwood scores? It's a statistical certainty that there will be victims of domestic violence in the ground every week and they have to watch this guy live his best life out on the pitch again. 

Ten Hag was building a dressing room full of strong characters. There's a togetherness with the team at the minute. I think Greenwood returning actually hurts us. 

This is going to make so many of our fans uncomfortable. Then again football fans are fickle and it could all be forgotten about in a year or two. 

Maybe the upcoming statements and explanations from the club will change things, but every fan I've spoken to bar one doesn't want him to return, myself included.