Mason Greenwood

mouldy_uk

17 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I thought that, the audio alone could be used for gross misconduct even without a trial? Or am I being too naive

From the Richard Arnold statement:

"We were provided with alternative explanations for the audio recording, which was a short excerpt from a much longer recording, and for the images posted online."

Just now, Hhtoon said:

From the Richard Arnold statement:

"We were provided with alternative explanations for the audio recording, which was a short excerpt from a much longer recording, and for the images posted online."

Aye, they didn’t need to disclose that though and although they’ll have received extra intel, it clearly won’t have dramatically altered what was in the original audio. Man U are just spinning it as such for PR

Maximum payout for unfair dismissal is £105k, so unless he claims some form of discrimination then it’s not exactly a big number for the Mancs if they really wanted to get rid. But they don’t. 

17 minutes ago, ScottishMagpie said:

Cunt of a man and cunt of a club. 

Surely Man U just followed protocol? As legally advised. Not sure I would label them that. 
Incredibly powerful club with a massive fan base and a history of success I’m deeply jealous of, yes……

More morally debased than any other multinational enterprise? Would need way more facts than I’ve read so far to conclusively say yes to that tbh.

9 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Surely Man U just followed protocol? As legally advised. Not sure I would label them that. 
Incredibly powerful club with a massive fan base and a history of success I’m deeply jealous of, yes……

More morally debased than any other multinational enterprise? Would need way more facts than I’ve read so far to conclusively say yes to that tbh.

You'd have to educate me on what the protocol for this is exactly?  They didn't even listen to what their own players, fans and staff were saying about the matter.

Not sure what you're second line has to do with the matter.

Don't disagree with your third point.  Never said they were worse than any other big company.  In my opinion, I don't think you need to know absolutely  everything about this situation to say that the club haven't acted as kunts.

3 hours ago, PRL said:

Maximum payout for unfair dismissal is £105k, so unless he claims some form of discrimination then it’s not exactly a big number for the Mancs if they really wanted to get rid. But they don’t. 

I would have thought it may be different here. MG has a contract worth x£m over a defined period so if it was terminated illegally he would sue for the full value. Possibly outside employment laws/claims

employee contracts are open ended (usually) so there is no total value to it

3 hours ago, ScottishMagpie said:

You'd have to educate me on what the protocol for this is exactly?  They didn't even listen to what their own players, fans and staff were saying about the matter.

Not sure what you're second line has to do with the matter.

Don't disagree with your third point.  Never said they were worse than any other big company.  In my opinion, I don't think you need to know absolutely  everything about this situation to say that the club haven't acted as kunts.

I’m just trying to imagine if it was us.

It’s easy to say we’d act differently but you never know.

To my astonishment he was found to have no case to answer. I take that to mean there’s a whole lot of context that somehow is sufficient to mitigate what appeared to me to be a horrible incident. And yet the CPS had nothing to go on. Just to remind us all, as has been pointed out here, you don’t need to ‘victims’ testimony to make this stick. There had to be a further important information that meant it wasn’t what it appeared to be to us.

Tbh, I would rather that was so as well. Better that than the idea of a man treating his long term girlfriend and mother of his child with such contempt.

So, the club are privy to information we are not. On that basis, how can we say how they’ve acted and be accurate in our assessment? 

I think a lot of us have a very critical view just because it’s Man U and badly we’ve done against them in all competitions and how insufferable most, but not all, of their fans are.

Possibly it prejudices our position on the event.

• 4 months later...