Mason Greenwood

mouldy_uk

10 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Jesus christ, that transcript :thdn: Did she and her and a family just think of money first or something?

For whatever reason she's decided she wants to be with Greenwood and has dropped the charges. Her family probably don't approve but seems like they are just accepting she's not going to leave him. Would imagine with the baby now, they just want to make the best of it and not cut her loose.

2 minutes ago, Segun Oluwaniyi said:

It annoys me that Man U and the media have spent months acting as though this is some difficult, painful decision. It is an act. The boy is free of legal troubles, and the talent he displayed at a young age is easily worth whatever negative press they will receive for playing him. If Mendy was a 21 year old English international forward instead of a disposable defender, his story would have progressed differently as well. Everyone is free to talk about the morality of the club and condemn Greenwood as a person, but it this was always the obvious outcome when the charges were dropped.

The situations are completely different though; Mendy went to a trial and there was not enough evidence to convict outside of statements. Greenwood on the other hand had a audio recording and photographic evidence of his actions afterwards, with the case falling apart after the witness withdrew her evidence.

That still leaves the photographic evidence and the audio recording, which there are no answers for that shows Greenwood in a good light or say that he didn’t do what he was originally accused of.

The fact they still "haven't made a decision" makes them an absolute scummy club up there with the Mackems who also had full knowledge of AJ's actions while continuing to play him.

It sends an awful message to young girls about where they stand when it comes to big business, at a time when womens football is improving massively.

They're probably waiting for the womens world cup to be over so it won't be a linked story while female players/ex players are doing so much media currently.

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

For whatever reason she's decided she wants to be with Greenwood and has dropped the charges. Her family probably don't approve but seems like they are just accepting she's not going to leave him. Would imagine with the baby now, they just want to make the best of it and not cut her loose.

The dad seemed pretty supportive of greenwood and released that strange statement to the press when the original stuff was leaked. At the time I had a look on red cafe to see what the general thoughts were. Before the threads got locked a few had looked up the dad and it seemed he was (at the time) worth a lot more financially than greenwood.

nowt as queer as folk.  

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

She didn't drop the charges, the CPS did due to the withdrawal of key witnesses and new evidence coming to light. 

We'll never know what the new evidence was, but they decided there was no realistic chance of conviction so dropped the case. 

I feel like once that happened, this was always going to be the outcome. 

The official statement said a decision hasn't been made, but good sources said it was made weeks ago and that he would stay. The language used in that statement about him being a young man who's been with the club since the age of 7 etc. is a clear rehabilitation tactic. 

We've signed our new golden boy striker and have done well without Greenwood for the last 18 months. I genuinely don't see what we can stand to gain from this. A good player? So what? Good players come and go all the time. It's so poor. The club has no balls. It's a shadow of what it was. 

Obviously without knowing the ins and outs of exactly what the new evidence is, I still feel uncomfortable with the feeling that the majority of clubs in the Prem would bring him back in if put in that position.

14 minutes ago, Froggy said:

She didn't drop the charges, the CPS did due to the withdrawal of key witnesses and new evidence coming to light. 

We'll never know what the new evidence was, but they decided there was no realistic chance of conviction so dropped the case. 

I feel like once that happened, this was always going to be the outcome. 

The official statement said a decision hasn't been made, but good sources said it was made weeks ago and that he would stay. The language used in that statement about him being a young man who's been with the club since the age of 7 etc. is a clear rehabilitation tactic. 

We've signed our new golden boy striker and have done well without Greenwood for the last 18 months. I genuinely don't see what we can stand to gain from this. A good player? So what? Good players come and go all the time. It's so poor. The club has no balls. It's a shadow of what it was. 

Semantics on the charges being dropped.  The language makes it look like they had to drop the charges because she refused to co-operate.

The 'This has drawn on extensive evidence and context not in the public domain' makes me think they would've gone down the 'consensual/non-consensual' role play in court, which would've made conviction impossible.

Don't think Man Utd will think we're all stupid enough to believe that in their final statement though.

28 minutes ago, TRon said:

Her family probably don't approve but seems like they are just accepting she's not going to leave him.

Wasn't her dad the biggest defender of Greenwood? 

And yeah it makes no sense. Even from the angle of it being about money, I can't imagine there'll be a net gain from this.

If football fans and the public let this slide (honestly fairly likely when you think of other examples) then we deserve all we get really.

2 minutes ago, Eveready said:

Semantics on the charges being dropped.  The language makes it look like they had to drop the charges because she refused to co-operate.

The 'This has drawn on extensive evidence and context not in the public domain' makes me think they would've gone down the 'consensual/non-consensual' role play in court, which would've made conviction impossible.

Don't think Man Utd will think we're all stupid enough to believe that in their final statement though.

I have always thought that role play would be the defence. There's a video of Greenwood and the complainant online in a car suggesting they're into role play. 

Now there's rumours being put out that the audio was edited, and that her phone was hacked etc. 

It's just too messy. We should have let him go. It makes a hell of a lot of people very uncomfortable. 

11 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Thought this guy would be sold straight away to a league like Saudi, Turkey etc. 

The Saudis wouldn't touch him, would undo a lot of the goodwill they are trying to garner. 

33 minutes ago, FLUMPO235 said:

The dad seemed pretty supportive of greenwood and released that strange statement to the press when the original stuff was leaked. At the time I had a look on red cafe to see what the general thoughts were. Before the threads got locked a few had looked up the dad and it seemed he was (at the time) worth a lot more financially than greenwood.

nowt as queer as folk.  

Whether that’s true or not, I don’t see the relevance. He’s still going to want his daughter to be with a millionaire isn’t he? Perhaps even more so if it’s a lifestyle he’s comfortable in. 

Who knows with all the stuff around it, that tape was disgusting, if it was edited why is he still with her? I'd want that tape proven fabricated in a court of law of that was phony. Terrible message, terrible lack of consequences all round and most of all i hope the poor woman is ok.

16 minutes ago, Pata said:

Wasn't her dad the biggest defender of Greenwood? 

No idea mate. Initially when the charges were brought I'm pretty sure he was quite scathing about Greenwood, saying he'd treat him like a son and been repaid by his daughter being attacked. Then when for whatever reason the lass has changed her mind, he's gone along with it. If she's sticking with Greenwood and has a baby now, I'm just guessing the rest of her family don't want to become estranged.

“The first thing we knew about this was at 6am this morning. It is dreadful. I’m just coming to terms with it all.”

“As a father you don’t want to know things like that happening to your daughter. The police have been round and she has made a statement to them.”

“She has told us her phone has been hacked. We told her to take it down, which she has done but it’s out there now so it is too late.”

“She is devastated because she didn’t want it released. We have known him since the under 21s. He has been part of our family for two or three years.”

“Their relationship has not been good for the last few months. She is completely devastated by it all.“

“They were very much in love and have been together for a while. The police are dealing with it now.”

Her Fathers statement.

15 minutes ago, astraguy said:

Can't see what any new evidence could clear him from that, only fake audio and pictures but that would of come to light very very quickly.Rape is rape i never want to see him play again 

Too simplistic a view of what ‘evidence’ consists of. It’s not always pictures etc, but ANYthing which can relate and either add or take away weight of argument to the case. In this instance I presume that the ‘new evidence’ is literally the fact that the lass is no longer willing to attend court and support the prosecution (and a statement to that effect- literally a few lines of writing is all that’s required). Given the audio and video evidence that was released, the only ‘KEY witnesses’ in the matter are Greenwood and the lass. If she decides she doesn’t want to pursue the matter or doesn’t want to go to court etc, then the CPS will not want to either drag her there and make her give evidence against her wishes, or be able to pursue the prosecution without her being there, hence the matter being dropped with the ‘new evidence’ and lack of ‘key witness’ given as reasons.