Matt Targett

SUPERTOON

I don't think we would have done it, but one of our best options to create some FFP wiggle room in January would have been selling him and the massive wages he's on. Could have helped fund a CB or striker, depending on what's happening with Botman/Isak. What a bummer.

This reminds me of that season under Roeder where everybody was injured all the time and the matchday squad was Peter Ramage, David Edgar, Shola Ameobi, and eight randomly selected fans.

Except we're somehow still good, I guess.

9 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

These injuries are brutal like. We've performed admirably so far but they will ultimately derail our season at this rate tbh.

My thoughts too. I've assumed from the word go that we won't sustain the CL-calibre form we've seen since January 2022, but it'll be bloody frustrating if it's only a pile of freak injuries that cause us to falter.

8 minutes ago, oldtype said:

This reminds me of that season under Roeder where everybody was injured all the time and the matchday squad was Peter Ramage, David Edgar, Shola Ameobi, and eight randomly selected fans.

:lol:

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

:lol:

The crazy thing about that season is that I never even thought about getting relegated because I just assumed it couldn't happen to us.

In retrospect, finishing 13th was basically a miracle given what we had to work with.

20 minutes ago, sempuki said:

There should be a dedicated injuries thread although it would probably be over 1000 pages by now.

Was just thinking this, some sites I've looked at have us at 7 first team players out, but I feel it's more than that? 

40 minutes ago, oldtype said:

Paul Huntington at left back drilling one in away to Spurs. Matty Pattison down the same flank ran riot that day. Chimbonda didn’t know what hit him. 

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

Paul Huntington at left back drilling one in away to Spurs. Matty Pattison down the same flank ran riot that day. Chimbonda didn’t know what hit him. 

Antoine Sibierski made 39 appearances and scored 8 goals.

No, that's not a typo.