Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

4 minutes ago, wormy said:

:lol: Gee I wonder why Keane didn't make a better fist of being a football manager.

You know the idea of him taking off his belt following the players down the tunnel after a loss for a backside whooping has rattled around his nugget more than once. :lol: 

Going right off Richards tbh, he's probably still a decent bloke but he's grandstanding now. At least you get the impression Keane's being genuine when he's like that after another Man U hiding. He gives a shit and it was real anger and common sense. Richards just did his premeditated characteristic belly laugh then started ranting and shouting at the ones talking sense. Prick move imo.  

36 minutes ago, Doc said:

He didn't to be fair.[emoji38]

Was replying to this

1 hour ago, Gaztoon said:

Unites still haven't moved on from ferguson.. think I saw fergusons face more than the current manger tonight.. I know that's not uniteds fault but it gives the feel they haven't still moved on.

10 minutes ago, midds said:

Going right off Richards tbh, he's probably still a decent bloke but he's grandstanding now. At least you get the impression Keane's being genuine when he's like that after another Man U hiding. He gives a shit and it was real anger and common sense. Richards just did his premeditated characteristic belly laugh then started ranting and shouting at the ones talking sense. Prick move imo.  

I really like him in bursts like most pundits but the likes of sky/bbc just oversaturate with the use of popular pundits.

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Would love to see Maguire leave and immediately turn into England Maguire for someone else tbh.

England Maguire plays against electricians and Eastern European below average teams. He will never come good in the PL because he is terrible. 

That was all compulsive viewing.

Micah has this loud, clownish manner but he actually has some good and original points to make. 

I agreed with him about the Rangnick appointment, which was very unusual in its nature. Exactly what is he? He's acting as a caretaker manager, but also one who, by his own admission, actually sees himself potentially recommending his own appointment to the permanent job. He's supposed to be taking a detached, overall view and  making long-term recommendations like a DOF, but he's also in the thick of coaching the players himself on a day to day basis. Are the players actually going to take him seriously, given all that? It certainly looks like they don't. And when it's all gone belly up under his interim management, who can take his recommendations seriously? Who can tell whether it's a truly objective, distanced opinion that can be relied on, or one that's coloured by the players' reaction to him as a coach in that very fragile position.

Neville was talking about it all being part of a master plan of making a long-term appointment, but any top class manager coming in is going to want to make their own assessment. They're not just going to follow Rangnick's plan like he was some guru. Particularly if his reign has been a cock-up which has set the team backwards.

Edited by Cronky

Guest neesy111
Just now, The Butcher said:

Man Utd's players stopped trying for the last 20 minutes. Didn't press or track runners or anything. 

They just gave up.

There's something very wrong with the mentality in the group there. 

Huge issues in the dressing room imo.

Outside of football, I have watched post game analysis in NFL, college football, NBA, cricket, and tennis in the last 20 years. I have never seen one pundit complain about players hairstyle or the way they looked in those games when the team lost badly. What is this obsession with hitting on players images by PFMs like Keane and Souness, I don't know? Feels like pandering to the lowest common denominator. 

20 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

The joke is he played with Beckham, the most image obsessed footballer maybe ever lol. It’s tiresome to me. 

Not saying it's right, but picking up on the whole Instagram, haircut etc stuff is low hanging fruit when players are clearly not putting the graft in. I do think it's a bit of a joke when players are not putting the work in then they put out their promo stuff. Beckham would have been easy to criticise for that stuff but he never gave anyone a chance to because he always worked his bollocks off (as well as Liverpool who you mentioned earlier)

Just now, rgk_lfc said:

Outside of football, I have watched post game analysis in NFL, college football, NBA, cricket, and tennis in the last 20 years. I have never seen one pundit complain about players hairstyle or the way they looked in those games when the team lost badly. What is this obsession with hitting on players images by PFMs like Keane and Souness, I don't know? Feels like pandering to the lowest common denominator. 

Yup, that's it.