Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

5 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Have you not seen our run-in and how poor we were against Everton and Spurs? We are far from safe.

We’ll get 4 points minimum from our next 4 games and that’ll be more than enough to be safe.

Which of the three teams below us will overtake us?

We’re 9 points clear of Watford for example, they’ve only taken 9 points from their previous 18 games ffs :lol: 

18 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

I can see them beating Man U at home, Leicester at home too and by the time they play them away they'll possibly be on the beach.

Tonight's result is terrible for us. Friday is a must win now.

Wow. 
I know we are programmed to be pessimistic but this is taking it to a whole new level.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Hang on, so Everton are likely to beat Leicester at home but we aren't? I'm not following the logic.

I think the chances of both results are similar. I think either of us could go either way, that's what worries me, we're back in the relegation picture after this result. We're much less likely than Everton to go down, but we have been dragged back into it.

Just now, Jackie Broon said:

I think the chances of both results are similar. I think either of us could go either way, that's what worries me, we're back in the relegation picture after this result. We're much less likely than Everton to go down, but we have been dragged back into it.

You're right. Burnley, Watford and Everton are all suddenly going to go on mad runs that they haven't managed all season, while we won't manage another win for the rest of the season. That seems entirely plausible.

3 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Everton are bottom of the form table over the last 25 games, even worse than Norwich. A whopping 15 points from 25 games, but suddenly people are thinking they’ll get 10+ from 9?

Since Lampard came in (10 games), they’ve managed 6 points :lol: 

You expecting them to turn into prime Barca?

They’re down like. Not a chance they overtake us.

25 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

:lol: Might need to put your french knickers on a 40 degree wash when you’re pissing them like that. 

French knickers :lol:

Just now, Robster said:

Wow. 
I know we are programmed to be pessimistic but this is taking it to a whole new level.

Man U are not a great side, they are capable of losing to anyone, Everton will be massively up for it and could definitely see them easily beating Man U at home, the same goes for Leicester at home.

1 minute ago, Jackie Broon said:

Man U are not a great side, they are capable of losing to anyone, Everton will be massively up for it and could definitely see them easily beating Man U at home, the same goes for Leicester at home.

The same Leicester who have to come here ?

Why weren't Everton massively up for it tonight ?

Good we have Leicester then. Wolves at home (behind Manu), Palace. All at home. Then Norwich after that.

1 hour ago, jack j said:

He never really helped the situation mind did he?

Who on earth would do so?

Ancelotti, a manager far superior to Rafa, finished 10th with these at best.

Do you not see that the manager isn't the problem by now?

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

You're right. Burnley, Watford and Everton are all suddenly going to go on mad runs that they haven't managed all season, while we won't manage another win for the rest of the season. That seems entirely plausible.

Burnley need just four more points than us between now and when we play them to pass us on the last day.

We'll find out in the next four because we're unlikely to pick up another point after Norwich. 

25 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

Someone needs to take the Ashley/Bruce glasses off and clearly didn't watch the Burnley Everton game, they look finished. We've had 1 bad 45 minutes this year and all of a sudden we're not winning any more games :lol:

We were awful second half against Everton as well as Spurs mind.

5 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Burnley need just four more points than us between now and when we play them to pass us on the last day.

We'll find out in the next four because we're unlikely to pick up another point after Norwich. 

Seven points.
For some reason you are already assuming they've won their game in hand.

11 minutes ago, madras said:

The same Leicester who have to come here ?

Why weren't Everton massively up for it tonight ?

Which, as I said, I could equally see us winning or losing.

They're appalling away from home and complacent. They were massively up for the match against us and pulled off a result, it will be a similar atmosphere against Man U.

The chances are we'll be safe but tonight's result does put us back in the relegation picture, if we beat Wolves we can pull ourselves back out of it.

Which, as I said, I could equally see us winning or losing.

They're appalling away from home and complacent. They were massively up for the match against us and pulled off a result, it will be a similar atmosphere against Man U.

The chances are we'll be safe but tonight's result does put us back in the relegation picture, if we beat Wolves we can pull ourselves back out of it.

We were never out of it but I honestly don't think we are any worse off tonight. 4 points from the next 4 games should see us safe. Same position as before tonight for me.

1 hour ago, Robster said:

Seven points.
For some reason you are already assuming they've won their game in hand.

He's saying they need 4 more points than us prior to that game, if they do that and then beat us they will pass us 

7 hours ago, Disco said:

Genuinely disgusting how good Unai is at knockout football with underdog Spanish teams. 

I watched the game because I need another goal for my bet to come in and they should have scored 2 or 3 more 

8 hours ago, Jackie Broon said:

Lampard couldn’t get the Everton players up for a full English never mind an early kick off against Man U.

5 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Lampard couldn’t get the Everton players up for a full English never mind an early kick off against Man U.

He got them up against us, they still have Watford to play and a Brentford whose been hot and cold all season.

This isn’t finished yet in my opinion

Edited by Gawalls