Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

2 minutes ago, maze said:

Out of interest, are any of those twelve named?

No but at a guess:

Ronaldo, Matic, Mata, Henderson, Lingard, Pogba, Cavani, Martial, Bailly, Jones, Wan-Bissaka, Pereira. 

The talk is that Van de Beek, Garner and Williams will come back to fight for first team places, and that there will be 5-6 signings. 

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Yes it does.  He’s totally unqualified for the job. 

What job? We weren't prepared to hire a manager mid-season. The job Rangnick was hired for is an advisor. 

2 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Getting a half decent manager will do wonders for Man Utd. They've not had one in a good few years. 

Don’t think even then. When the balance of the club has swung so much from sporting and football into a pure money making business, it won’t change simply by getting a good coach in- the top officials and the Glazers have to be replaced. I read the other day about club officials wanting to sign players purely on how well the player name was trending on twitter (and presumably then future shirt sales), as opposed to where they’d actually fit into either the team or the club philosophy. Whilst that still happens, and people are still at the club with that sort of mentality there’s no chance of turning the club around and returning to the ‘glory days’.

5 minutes ago, Froggy said:

No but at a guess:

Ronaldo, Matic, Mata, Henderson, Lingard, Pogba, Cavani, Martial, Bailly, Jones, Wan-Bissaka, Pereira. 

The talk is that Van de Beek, Garner and Williams will come back to fight for first team places, and that there will be 5-6 signings. 

Van de Beek is not up for relegation fights :pow: in other news, I'd be happy to nick a few.

Just now, Donut said:

I'm off to read some passive aggressive posts from the would be football expert bellends on redcafe.net - Should be good.

Even I don't go there. 

6 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

kin'ell[emoji38]

Manchester United is delighted to announce the appointment of Ralf Rangnick as interim manager until the end of the season, subject to work visa requirements.

Following this period, Ralf and the club have agreed that he will continue in a consultancy role for a further two years.

John Murtough, Manchester United football director, said: “Ralf is one of the most respected coaches and innovators in European football. He was our number one candidate for interim manager, reflecting the invaluable leadership and technical skills he will bring from almost four decades of experience in management and coaching.

“Everyone at the club is looking forward to working with him during the season ahead, and then for a further two years in his advisory role.”