Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

Re: Richarlison - I think it's an unlikely signing but on the other hand, you can't underestimate how much a club culture has influence on a player and his on-field behavior. Everton are a bad egg club culturally, many of their players act the same. Howe is the polar opposite and as such, I suspect he'd be a different player if he signed for us. I don't think it's likely anyway and i'm not personally a big fan.

Edited by LionOfGosforth

10 minutes ago, Flip said:

:lol: Richarlison, carrying them to safety. Clear penalty, knee into his hip.

Of course you do. On the pitch he's a nasty bastard, but off of it he's an absolute legend. :lol: I bet of these not wanting Richarlison loved Joey Barton. 

Yeah the Richarlison hate is a bit weird tbh. Everton have had a terrible season, but you would always think Richarlison is their main danger man.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

It was a pen in the sense that you can't do that against someone who's as big of a diving cheat as Richarlison. Couldn't give a shit if he'd be 'our cunt' if he played for us, I don't like him or the way he plays.

It was a penalty in the sense he got kneed to the hip. Also, if referee's especially someone like Michael Oliver who is supposed to be at the top, doesn't give clear fouls like the one prior to the Everton red card for someone who doesn't fall then players will keep falling. There's a balance to it. If that happens to us everyone is livid. I do believe you though regarding your feelings if he did sign, but that's because you're a weird fella KI ;)

1 minute ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Re: Richarlison - I think it's an unlikely signing but on the other hand, you can't underestimate how much a club culture has influence on a player and his on-field behavior. Everton are a bad egg club culturally, many of their players act the same. Howe is the polar opposite and as such, I suspect he'd be a different player if he signed for us. I don't think it's likely anyway and i'm not personally a big fan.

Richarlison is the same for the national team like :lol: He has more than one screw loose in his head when he plays, so wouldn't blame Everton for it :lol: But he's still a fan favourite for the national side and also Everton. Always gives his best and has really shown up when Everton has needed him the most this last month. 

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It was a pen in the sense that you can't do that against someone who's as big of a diving cheat as Richarlison. Couldn't give a shit if he'd be 'our cunt' if he played for us, I don't like him or the way he plays.

Totally agree, he's a cheating obnoxious twat, he's got talent but I couldn't ignore the last 5 years or so of disliking him if we signed him. Which I'm 99% sure we won't which basically makes it all a bit moot. 

Just now, Flip said:

Richarlison is the same for the national team like :lol: He has more than one screw loose in his head when he plays, so wouldn't blame Everton for it :lol: But he's still a fan favourite for the national side and also Everton. Always gives his best and has really shown up when Everton has needed him the most this last month. 

Well of course he's the same for the national team, he doesn't just switch off "cunt mode" because he's playing in the yellow of Brazil. I can well imagine he's going to be a fan favorite wherever he plays, he has ability no doubt.

28 minutes ago, Flip said:

We should do everything we can to sign Richarlison. Has carried Everton this relegation battle. 

:shifty: Remind me where you're from again?

14 minutes ago, Flip said:

It was a penalty in the sense he got kneed to the hip. Also, if referee's especially someone like Michael Oliver who is supposed to be at the top, doesn't give clear fouls like the one prior to the Everton red card for someone who doesn't fall then players will keep falling. There's a balance to it. If that happens to us everyone is livid. I do believe you though regarding your feelings if he did sign, but that's because you're a weird fella KI ;)

It's a penalty, like I said, bit let's not pretend Richarlison doesn't dive to the point of it being totally risible, or that you wouldn't have different feelings towards him if he had a different passport.

But yeah you're right, hated Barton, Bowyer, and Mitrovic when they were here for similar reasons. If any of these dick heads were actually good enough to make their downsides worth it I might have thought differently. Bellamy being a good example.

Edited by Kid Icarus

27 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Love how Everton fan are seemingly allowed to buy and have flares at every game, lobbing them onto the pitch constantly… do the FA not sanction clubs for shit like that these days?

pc+plod.jpg

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It's a penalty, like I said, bit let's not pretend Richarlison doesn't dive to the point of it being totally risible, or that you'd have different feelings towards him if he had a different passport.

But yeah you're right, hated Barton, Bowyer, and Mitrovic when they were here for similar reasons. If any of these dick heads were actually good enough to make their downsides worth it I might have thought differently. Bellamy being a good example.

Different passport :lol: I just stated that it was a penalty, which you agreed with. 

Edited by Flip