Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

32 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

PHaving so many of the midtable and even lower sides try and play good football and press high is great for the league, like. 

Getting rid of the likes of Bruce, Pardew, Hodgson, Dyche etc out of the league the last few seasons kind of feels like an end of an era for that style of play now. 

image.png.5024eab5b2800ca05df0d8fb2ab9c633.pngimage.png.b0dc6a074cd0fc08f7afc028d4c66d61.pngimage.png.ddf16c7fbe4fddc8b367643a945b2a21.png

24 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I watched that game in disbelief........United fans are going to erupt into a giant ball of flame. Sure they have already. And here I thought the new manager would turn them straight around.

2 minutes ago, McDog said:

I watched that game in disbelief........United fans are going to erupt into a giant ball of flame. Sure they have already. And here I thought the new manager would turn them straight around.

Manchester United 

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Wish they'd stop acting so surprised that Man United continue to be absolutely shite, it's old news. I dunno, maybe give the other team some credit? 

89 minutes of moaning about Man United before they talked about Brentford's performance, for like 1 minute.

I was watching on Peacock in the USA and they kept catching themselves to praise Brentford but it did seem like an afterthought.

2 minutes ago, McDog said:

The British fellows I work with all call them that. I suppose I should go with Manure since that does apply now.

A lot of people in England do call them United like, but not the fans of clubs who are also a United.

The players hide behind the board. They play awful today but not many are looking at the players. All blame goes on the board who over the last decade, have the highest net spend of any football club in world football.  There was plenty of our players coasting along the same way and it took Howe a little while to get that loser mentality out of them. Shine the spotlight on Bruno Fernandes, Jadon Sancho, Ronaldo…are the board stopping them having a responsibility to give their all? 

Fuck them, they don’t have a clue how bad it can get supporting a football club with an owner who is disinterested. They’ve ate good. 

The managers have changed, the players have changed and some of the higher ups have changed at that club since Ferguson left. How Redknapp or anyone for that matter can argue that the primary common denominator and reason for that club's downfall isn't the owners I don't know. 

Provides box office viewing on Sky Sports I suppose :lol:

Edited by HaydnNUFC

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

A lot of people in England do call them United like, but not the fans of clubs who are also a United.

I get it. It's one of those British etiquette things that I missed. I recall the Bristol Rovers supporter getting bent out of shape because of either Bristol or Rovers. 

De Gea has looked more brittle in recent years, and I think he should have been moved on. With Fergie, the minute anyone slipped from their previous high standards, whether it was a Beckham or a Cantona, they got the boot. (In Beckham's case literally ho ho)

The first goal was poor, but I thought the second was even worse. That pass to Eriksen was never on, but it was like De Gea's brain was too scrambled to adjust from his original intention. 

I also thought that going in front of the camera doing a 'mea culpa' was a mistake, and he should have been stopped by his manager. He wasn't in the right frame of mind and the interview moved on to talking about the more general problems within the team. Not an area to get into when you've just a couple of bad ricks.

If anyone has seen this debate between Redknapp and Neville is highly amusing like...

Both are actually right. Redknapp is right because the players think they've msde it because they're playing for Man United - gone of the biggest sporting clubs on the planet. Well they haven't - they've made it when they win stuff there. A squad full of mediocre to good players with the exception of Ronaldo and maybe one or two others and they're all on inflated wages with inflated egos.

Dare I say it, the best thing they could do is sack Ronaldo off and several others (at least) should follow. They need a new lease of life and a new mentality not what they currently have, players seeing out their final years or strutting about not giving a fuck. What's funny is, this reminds me of our players with McClaren.

However, Neville is also right, ultimately the buck stops with the owners. They're literally doing to Man United what Ashley did to us. However, their owners are actually spending money, just not their own. Funny though how it's all coming home to roost for the likes of Man United and Barca where as soon as there's a break in the cycle of success there's s massive downward spiral because they're assets reduce. The Glazers are cunts and I feel sorry for their fans on that sense, but fuck it, no one came to our aid.

Let their lot get laughed at for shop shouting, or if they wanna go radge we'll watch as Sky debate the morality of it. Bet their fans won't be calling us an Oil club when they start seeking middle east investment again. They've had their era, now it's time for a new one. 

Edited by Heron

1 minute ago, Heron said:

If anyone has seen this debate between Redknapp and Neville is highly amusing like...

Both are actually right. Redknapp is right because the players think they've msde it because they're playing for Man United - gone of the biggest sporting clubs on the planet. Well they haven't - they've made it when they win stuff there. A squad full of mediocre to good players with the exception of Ronaldo and maybe one or two others and they're all on inflated wages with inflated egos.

Dare I say it, the best thing they could do is sack Ronaldo off and several others (at least) should follow. They need a new lease of life and a new mentality not what they currently have, players seeing out their final years or strutting about not giving a fuck. What's funny is, this reminds me of our players with McClaren.

However, Neville is also right, ultimately the buck stops with the owners. They're literally doing to Man United what Ashley did to us. However, their owners are actually spending money, just not their own. Funny though how it's all coming home to roost for the likes of Man United and Barca where as soon as there's a break in the cycle of success there's s massive downward spiral because they're assets reduce. The Glazers are cunts and I feel sorry for them, but fuck it, no one came to our aid.

Let their lot get laughed at for shop shouting, or if they wanna go radge we'll watch as Sky debate the morality of it. Bet their fans won't be calling us an Oil club when they start seeking middle east investment again. They've had their era, now it's time for a new one. 

Was thinking exactly that while watching it. Neville has his blinkers on when it comes to Man United usually though, like thinking they're above hiring Conte.

Was it Carragher who suggested Man U we’re living in the past? You can’t go on by signing the “best” players without complete buy in and a plan. Man U over recent years haven’t nurtured their talent and have made some awful

signings. It should take them quite a while to put it right.

In the meantime, let everyone else rejoice. Really can’t believe today’s performance after last week’s debacle.

Neymar is back. 

Raphinha might have made a mistake going to Barcelona if he's going to be played out of position in favour of Dembele who does nothing. @Village Idiot is the plan to play Raphinha on the left? Takes away his best trait. Pointless.