Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

Man U just seem to have to many players that have poor attitudes and are really selfish with no team ethic. Another issue is the fact they have loads of average players on huge contracts that they will never get rid of.

The whole place from top to bottom has ne leadership with a plan to move forward, I would personally get rid of the entire back bone of the team, De Gea, Maguire, Mctominay, Fernandes, Rashford Ronaldo and start again with players that want to play.

36 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Not wanting to be a sad Sunday morning contrarian but I'd suggest they're still closer than us

Oh of course but it terms of current ownership and plans for each club I’d rather be in our situation. They seem very much like a club that could take years to fix from top to bottom. 

16 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Oh of course but it terms of current ownership and plans for each club I’d rather be in our situation. They seem very much like a club that could take years to fix from top to bottom. 

I guess the "bigger" you are to start off with, when it starts to unravel,  the more costly the repair. 

You look at these lot, Barca, PSG,  Chelsea. Varying problems within each but, dear me, obscene amounts of coin been thrown at them. 

I think it's a stark warning to any ambitious club, us included, that money spent needs to be well spent. Even looking at how Howe (😂)  came in to a club that had spent fuck all and galvanised an embattled squad. 

Could any manager replicate that with the Man U squad?  Is it harder with the higher earner, higher profile players. 

There's lots of examples of owners losing huge sums trying to be successful. Ellis Short down the road for one. Tried his best tbf. 

Football is so fucked up like 😂😂😂😂

I enjoy witnessing the suffering of the ManU too much. Wonderful stuff :fwap:  Way they praised Ten Hag reminds lot of those days when Moyes was labelled to ”chosen one”. 

Edited by FinnMag

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Wouldn’t mind putting in a cheeky bid for Sancho, give him a way out of this mess

Massively overrated, more managers at Man Utd than goals.

9 hours ago, midds said:

Wonder if the media will come out and say the familiar "Man U fans and their unrealistic expectations" trope/shite if it goes downhill?  

Think that’s a special trope reserved for us 

Just now, HTT II said:

Massively overrated, more managers at Man Utd than goals.

Nah you can’t be that productive in one place and drop off a cliff to that extent… can you?? Ok yes at one he played with Haaland but it’s the equivalent of saying Diaby being overrated if he had similar numbers after moving to a dysfunctional team. 

How many good calibre players have flopped with our dysfunctional teams of the past. I think he’d solve the RW problem all day long, problem theyd never let him go so this entire post was pointless :) 

17 minutes ago, mosstef said:

Not enough praise for Brentford yesterday. Thomas Frank has made them a very well-drilled team and I don't think they should fear for any second-season syndrome like.

Marsh at Leeds also with a decent start. Bamford being injured again isn’t going to help them though.

Just now, jack j said:

Forest to get something today then? Spurs to beat Chelsea?

Fancy Spurs to win

West Ham should have enough to beat Forest, but the crowd will play a part in making it a tough game. Going for a draw.

11 hours ago, Geogaddi said:

Even if the money being spent is the clubs money and not the glazers it really Doesn’t matter. They  have spent a fortune over the years and are going backwards , new owners coming in and spending similar amounts of money wouldn’t change anything . The whole setup needs changing and I am not sure exactly what the glazers could have done differently , they have supported all the managers with millions in transfer funds and it’s all been squandered . It’s not like the owners have starved the club and refused to spend money like Ashley did.

Look, all the information is out there for you to see rather than just coming out with completely inaccurate posts. 

The Glazers have always invested (the clubs money) the absolute minimum required. We were the biggest club in the world under Ferguson and over his last 8 seasons with the club we had a net spend of £20m a season. They allowed our rivals to catch up. 

When Woodward came in he started making the footballing decisions in regards to signings and got almost every one wrong. Moyes wanted Fabregas and Bale and was given Fellaini. He also fucked about with the deal which lead to us paying something like £5m more than we needed to as he let a release clause expire trying to negotiate the price. He couldn't even successfully sign Leighton Baines. 

Van Gaal has been open about wanting players and that the board would never sign them. 

Mourinho was told he couldn't have Alderweireld as he wouldn't fit our defensive system. Imagine Jose Mourinho being told who would and wouldn't fit. Maguire was Woodward's target instead. Worked out well. 

Even look at more recent times with Rangnick. He was saying about our desperate need for a striker in January. He identified Diaz, Vlahovic and Alvarez and was told no. Rangnick was a good choice for director of football and instead of we've got Darren fucking Fletcher and we've let Rangnick go. Now Liverpool have signed Diaz, City have signed Alvarez and Juventus have signed Vlahovic. Our big hope coming into this season was Anthony Martial. 

Woodward (basically a Glazer) has spunked the clubs money up the wall signing OK players for huge fees and putting OK players on huge contracts. 

Small blame goes to the managers and players, but the vast majority goes to the shit show of a board. Arnold and Murtough don't seem to have a clue either. Literally spent 3 months chasing a player who has no intention of coming and now we're scrambling to sign Rabiot and we would have signed Arnautovic if our fans didn't kick up about it. 

2 hours ago, Froggy said:

Look, all the information is out there for you to see rather than just coming out with completely inaccurate posts. 

The Glazers have always invested (the clubs money) the absolute minimum required. We were the biggest club in the world under Ferguson and over his last 8 seasons with the club we had a net spend of £20m a season. They allowed our rivals to catch up. 

When Woodward came in he started making the footballing decisions in regards to signings and got almost every one wrong. Moyes wanted Fabregas and Bale and was given Fellaini. He also fucked about with the deal which lead to us paying something like £5m more than we needed to as he let a release clause expire trying to negotiate the price. He couldn't even successfully sign Leighton Baines. 

Van Gaal has been open about wanting players and that the board would never sign them. 

Mourinho was told he couldn't have Alderweireld as he wouldn't fit our defensive system. Imagine Jose Mourinho being told who would and wouldn't fit. Maguire was Woodward's target instead. Worked out well. 

Even look at more recent times with Rangnick. He was saying about our desperate need for a striker in January. He identified Diaz, Vlahovic and Alvarez and was told no. Rangnick was a good choice for director of football and instead of we've got Darren fucking Fletcher and we've let Rangnick go. Now Liverpool have signed Diaz, City have signed Alvarez and Juventus have signed Vlahovic. Our big hope coming into this season was Anthony Martial. 

Woodward (basically a Glazer) has spunked the clubs money up the wall signing OK players for huge fees and putting OK players on huge contracts. 

Small blame goes to the managers and players, but the vast majority goes to the shit show of a board. Arnold and Murtough don't seem to have a clue either. Literally spent 3 months chasing a player who has no intention of coming and now we're scrambling to sign Rabiot and we would have signed Arnautovic if our fans didn't kick up about it. 

Gutted for you.