Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Significantly better than any of our attackers.  

can play across the front line. LW, RW and ST. 

Fee would be about £30m - nothing crazy. 

3 years - could get us into CL if we add a few more of that quality. 

You are such a hypocrite man :lol:

The other day you went on and on and on about resale value, and now here you are claiming yet again that a 30 year old Zaha should be signed :lol:

No thanks. Zaha is done man and he was never that great to begin with. His goal scoring record really isn't that great as he typically scored less than double figures and usually took penalties as well.

Just no ...

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

The other day you went on and on and on about resale value, and now here you are claiming yet again that a 30 year old Zaha should be signed :lol:

No thanks. Zaha is done man and he was never that great to begin with. His goal scoring record really isn't that great as he typically scored less than double figures and usually took penalties as well.

Just no ...

He’s only taken penalties in one season in his career 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

But he has end product 

True, and if we didn't have ASM here and the choice was between the two of them I'd probably opt for Zaha. To spend the amount of money and wages it would take to get Zaha here when we already have ASM and need to strengthen other areas more doesn't make sense at all. Hence 

image.png.65236ee6e0bb78233bba0b782b1a9328.png

Just now, KaKa said:

Just no ...

You are not a bright individual. 

My personal opinion is Zaha is a great player that could play for a top 6 side. Pace, power, skill, balance and in recent years he’s added real end product. He’ll score 9-15 goals this season at Palace im sure. He would improve us immeasurably. I think he could be transformational player that would help get us into Europe. I personally think it’s a great short-term / medium term signing. 

However - I don’t think the club is interested in signing a 29 year old for £30m on massive wages. We could sign him for that money and still finish 9th.  I think FFP and resale is front and centre of our strategy. Those short term transfers were made in January - they don’t want that. 

I don’t think he’s the profile the club wants and I understand why. it’s not the strategy I would adopt but it is a logical one. 

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

He’s only taken penalties in one season in his career 

In his best goal scoring year last year I presume? At 29 years old. 

Don't get the hype over him at all. Typically falls over and complains the majority of most matches.

He's 30 years old and shouldn't be anywhere near our radar.

Just now, KaKa said:

In his best goal scoring year last year I presume? At 29 years old. 

Don't get the hype over him at all. Typically falls over and complains the majority of most matches.

He's 30 years old and shouldn't be anywhere near our radar.

If FFP wasn't an issue I'd 100% sign him. Brilliant footballer.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

You are not a bright individual. 

My personal opinion is Zaha is a great player that could play for a top 6 side. Pace, power, skill, balance and in recent years he’s added real end product. He’ll score 9-15 goals this season at Palace im sure. He would improve us immeasurably. I think he could be transformational player that would help get us into Europe. I personally think it’s a great short-term / medium term signing. 

However - I don’t think the club is interested in signing a 29 year old for £30m on massive wages. We could sign him for that money and still finish 9th.  I think FFP and resale is front and centre of our strategy. Those short term transfers were made in January - they don’t want that. 

I don’t think he’s the profile the club wants and I understand why. it’s not the strategy I would adopt but it is a logical one. 

;D

Yes, I could never be as smart as you are, obviously.

Fortunately the club is as dumb as I am and would never sign Wilfred Zaha.

Guest HTT II
10 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I'm sure they'll come good but Liverpool's front three doesn't have the same fear factor without Mane.

They will miss him more than they realised, his pace alone and ability to ghost into space was more effective for their front line than Salah’s brilliance on the ball. Diaz and Nunez with Salah will eventually click, but it will take time and I’ve said it before, I fancy LFC to have an off season by their standards, their midfield is mediocre, Milner starting for them says a lot.