Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

This is the crux of it like, gagging for some lad to impale an opposing player so that a full blown bloodbath takes place on the pitch. “Look, I don’t advocate violence, don’t go putting words in my mouth but I’m only saying what we’re all thinking, it was nice to see men being men out on the turf today”

Really good the game in this country has moved on from that sort of thing. It was incredibly reckless and dangerous play. Nothing manly about that nonsense at all. 

18 minutes ago, KaKa said:

That sentiment really isn't about women. It's more about it not being a kid's game.

That's why sometimes you'll hear players in a sport say this is the Big Leagues, or a Grown Man's game.

Think there was even a manager that said you'll never win with a bunch of kids.

Carney should have replied " if it's a man's game why do they roll about like spoilt children when someone just looks at them ?"

Guest HTT II
Just now, Decky said:

Depends who shes on there with. Souness and the like go back to the era of Keys and Gray who regularly took the piss out of women. Shes in a different space when its the likes of Richards on with her. 

I’d rather listen to her talk football than the two cretins sat beside her today. One is obviously anti women and anti anything not man and the other is a massive spitting cunt who spat on some poor teenage lass!

1 minute ago, madras said:

Carney should have replied " if it's a man's game why do they roll about like spoilt children when someone just looks at them ?"

It would be a fair point too.

To be honest a lot of the behaviours in the game are very childish.

The back in the day angry shouty player running around charging into players recklessly is childish, as is the current day falling about all the time nonsense.

Souness thinks his days were more 'manly' but I completely disagree. At least nowadays players are less likely to suffer serious injury.

23 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

I did. Then my Dad died a couple of months ago. Was at his house going through the stuff he’d saved on the TV and there was loads of Spurs. Next door neighbor offered me a ticket whenever I wanted it, I just…it felt like the right thing to do. Made a decision to come back…for now. The local supporters club meet at a brewery in Akron so went there today.

I missed the start, but thought Chelsea looked really good. Cucurella looked great. Their shape was better, pressing was further up the pitch, full-backs were far more comfortable on the ball. Second Chelsea goal was given away early in the move. Biggest difference between the teams all game was at full back, but happily the biggest difference right at the end was that Spurs had a couple of proper forwards. And finally made a corner (or two) work.

You are ok.  Time heals.

1 hour ago, Decky said:

Depends who shes on there with. Souness and the like go back to the era of Keys and Gray who regularly took the piss out of women. Shes in a different space when its the likes of Richards on with her. 

Shows generational progress if nowt else at least :thup:

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

You really don't want players playing with anger. It is a lack of emotional self control and is a liability.

Anger is not akin to toughness or commitment like a lot of these old school guys think it is. Classic Souness.

It's almost like Souness' constant baying for aggression probably aided two of his own players getting sent off for fighting each other and not taking it to the opposition.

I'd say how the man still has a valid voice in football is beyond me, but he's just one of many to feel that way about. Utter cretin.

Am I mad or didn't someone post on here once that they met him on holiday and when they mentioned they were an NUFC fan he immediately went sheepish and couldn't even maintain eye contact in shame? So if I'm not imagining that, he's all bluster too, the fucking bottle job. 

Edited by wormy

1 hour ago, Decky said:

She's a dreadful pundit, mind. 

I'm a caveman and don't want women pundits or officials in mens football.

In saying that i would never be of the opinion that women shouldn't be able to, that's fine it's just my preference as a hairy beast.

giphy.gif

29 minutes ago, Heron said:

The irony like is that the lasses don't tend to do any of this shit. 

Um ... to be fair women do love a good male bashing session if we're being honest. Just catch any of their daily talk shows man. Some awful stuff on those shows. 

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Um ... to be fair women do love a good male bashing session if we're being honest. Just catch any of their daily talk shows man. Some awful stuff on those shows. 

Sorry, I was referencing the diving and simulation in their game. 

Just now, Heron said:

Sorry, I was referencing the diving and simulation in their game. 

Ah, right. That's true actually. Never see any of that carrying on in the Women's game.

No idea why that is such a big thing in the men's game, it's incredibly embarrassing.

1 hour ago, leffe186 said:

I did. Then my Dad died a couple of months ago. Was at his house going through the stuff he’d saved on the TV and there was loads of Spurs. Next door neighbor offered me a ticket whenever I wanted it, I just…it felt like the right thing to do. Made a decision to come back…for now. The local supporters club meet at a brewery in Akron so went there today.

I missed the start, but thought Chelsea looked really good. Cucurella looked great. Their shape was better, pressing was further up the pitch, full-backs were far more comfortable on the ball. Second Chelsea goal was given away early in the move. Biggest difference between the teams all game was at full back, but happily the biggest difference right at the end was that Spurs had a couple of proper forwards. And finally made a corner (or two) work.

It was quite the game tbf. Completely enjoyed the match. Sorry about your dad.

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Ah, right. That's true actually. Never see any of that carrying on in the Women's game.

No idea why that is such a big thing in the men's game, it's incredibly embarrassing.

Money? Win at all costs mentality? No such thing as foreign women? 😂

4 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

I dunno Conte is pretty trim mate. 

The German has good reach though.

edit: Ninja there. Conte could be a Boom Boom Mancini once inside I agree.

Edited by McDog