Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

12 minutes ago, Cronky said:

A bit rude indeed, but Tuchel shouldn't have reacted like that.

Our Eddie would have got him to sit down and talk about his feelings.

I don't know, I kind of liked him being pulled into line the arrogant twat.

4 minutes ago, CPL said:

Said it whilst Karen Carney is next to him.

That sentiment really isn't about women. It's more about it not being a kid's game.

That's why sometimes you'll hear players in a sport say this is the Big Leagues, or a Grown Man's game.

Think there was even a manager that said you'll never win with a bunch of kids.

Just now, KaKa said:

That sentiment really isn't about women. It's more about it not being a kid's game.

That's why sometimes you'll hear players in a sport say this is the Big Leagues, or a Grown Man's game.

Think there was even a manager that said you'll never win with a bunch of kids.

Who did Alan Hansen manage?

Souness wrote this the other day in a weird article slagging off Mings:

The difficulty for a manager is that he can’t say publicly all that he knows. I had very good captains. Ian Rush at Liverpool, Alan Shearer at Newcastle, Garry Flitcroft at Blackburn – proper men. But when Craig Bellamy was being difficult at Newcastle – we ended up squaring up in a meeting room – he was a hugely popular figure in that part of the world.

He's proper obsessed with men like :lol:

Just now, Interpolic said:

Souness wrote this the other day in a weird article slagging off Mings:

The difficulty for a manager is that he can’t say publicly all that he knows. I had very good captains. Ian Rush at Liverpool, Alan Shearer at Newcastle, Garry Flitcroft at Blackburn – proper men. But when Craig Bellamy was being difficult at Newcastle – we ended up squaring up in a meeting room – he was a hugely popular figure in that part of the world.

:lol:

Come on man. It's cringey, but we all know what he means. 

Especially in that instance, he's just talking about having grown ups in the room. Bellamy acted like a stroppy little kid a lot.

Just now, TRon said:

It was. Souness's whopper was you'll not win anything with the likes of Milner or Ambrose in your side, or words to that effect.

Ah, yes! A bunch of Milners was Souness ;D

It's so ironic because Milner ended up becoming such a great committed pro and leader. What Souness would likely refer to as a 'Real Man' :lol:

9 minutes ago, KaKa said:

But it still doesn't look good saying shite like that beside a woman who played the game and is now a pundit. Can see Souness being on less and less throughout the season and binned entirely shortly after. 

48 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Thought you stopped following football ?

I did. Then my Dad died a couple of months ago. Was at his house going through the stuff he’d saved on the TV and there was loads of Spurs. Next door neighbor offered me a ticket whenever I wanted it, I just…it felt like the right thing to do. Made a decision to come back…for now. The local supporters club meet at a brewery in Akron so went there today.

I missed the start, but thought Chelsea looked really good. Cucurella looked great. Their shape was better, pressing was further up the pitch, full-backs were far more comfortable on the ball. Second Chelsea goal was given away early in the move. Biggest difference between the teams all game was at full back, but happily the biggest difference right at the end was that Spurs had a couple of proper forwards. And finally made a corner (or two) work.

Guest HTT II
56 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

:lol: Souness casually commenting that "It's a man's game again"... Absolute cretin. 

I don’t know why they have that lass on there, constantly interrupted, ignored and talked over and very condescending whenever she gives an opinion, i.e her comments about PEA.

Edited by HTT II

Just now, Decky said:

But it still doesn't look good saying shite like that beside a woman who played the game and is now a pundit. Can see Souness being on less and less throughout the season and binned entirely shortly after. 

I mean they're commenting on the men's game ... I don't think it's a big deal, because it's not meant to be derogatory to women. 

1 minute ago, Decky said:

Funny how all these hard men of the game, Souness, Keane etc make fucking shite managers isnt it? 

Yeah, it's not surprising. They are way too emotional, which is where all the angry outbursts come from. Some would even say that's not a very 'manly' trait, ironically.

12 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

This is the crux of it like, gagging for some lad to impale an opposing player so that a full blown bloodbath takes place on the pitch. “Look, I don’t advocate violence, don’t go putting words in my mouth but I’m only saying what we’re all thinking, it was nice to see men being men out on the turf today”

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

This is the crux of it like, gagging for some lad to impale an opposing player so that a full blown bloodbath takes place on the pitch. “Look, I don’t advocate violence, don’t go putting words in my mouth but I’m only saying what we’re all thinking, it was nice to see men being men out on the turf today”

Won’t lie, I loved the managers going at it today.

5 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I don’t know why they have that lass on there, constantly interrupted, ignored and talked over and very condescending whenever she gives an opinion, i.e her comments bout PEA.

Depends who shes on there with. Souness and the like go back to the era of Keys and Gray who regularly took the piss out of women. Shes in a different space when its the likes of Richards on with her.