Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

5 hours ago, gazza ladra said:

Don’t watch US coverage of the CL, but… fkn hell. Feel sorry for Thierry Henry having to sit there with Carragher and Micah Richards. what a pair of tools.

He’s a way worse pundit than them

7 hours ago, gazza ladra said:

Don’t watch US coverage of the CL, but… fkn hell. Feel sorry for Thierry Henry having to sit there with Carragher and Micah Richards. what a pair of tools.

Micah Richards seems like a nice enough bloke, but he's only in that job because of his OTT laughing.

2 hours ago, Dancing Brave said:

Micah Richards seems like a nice enough bloke, but he's only in that job because of his OTT laughing.

Naa, I disagree. Looking beneath the boyish presentation, he has some good and original points to make.

12 hours ago, gazza ladra said:

The clips I see have good banter and look funny.

I feel like US sports punditry is more light hearted and centres on entertainment. British punditry is v. serious (and not even good). When a big team loses and they have ex-players on the panel the mood is dark and gloomy as if someone died.

That's my impression anyway. I don't actually watch any USA sports. I just see the funny clips of Richards/Henry/Carra and see the lighter tone of the BBC NFL coverage. The "we're losing recipes" clip is also hilarious.

It's why I like Richards & Evra. They're not afraid to have a laugh or indulge in schadenfreude. Evra spoke very honestly which is refreshing, funny although admittedly sometimes too far for TV.

14 hours ago, CFlan said:

:lol: was thinking the exact same. 

Genuine question...

Total ignorance alert, but what's the problem with his name? I know Rangers/Celtic have their weird dislike of things that don't mean squat to anyone else but haven't heard about this one

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Fuck sake, and people were wanting them back in the Premier League.

Why not? Much as I would love to see them languishing in the lower leagues forever (family stuff) I'd rather them than clubs like Wigan/Brighton/Bournemouth/WBA/Burnley/Sunderland/Us under Ashley sat there stinking up the league just trying to survive. 

Forest have made a mighty effort into staying up this year and will deserve it if they do. 

At the same time i will struggle to prevent a hernia from laughing if they go down