Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

1 hour ago, Flip said:

Remember us discussing this last season. Just like Valverde, Rodrygo has all the tools to succeed, he just needs to develop and exceed in one or two departments to become a top footballer. None of those players really have any major weaknesses. If Rodrygo keeps developing like he has the past 6 months he could become a star in that team. Vini Jr has that x-factor with the dribbling and pace, but Rodrygo is a much more mature and composed footballer. 9 goals and 5 assists in his last 17 (6 as subs) mostly ''out of position'' on the right-side. 

Valverde, Camavinga and Tchouameni is hell of a future for Real Madrid. Seems like they've really struck gold on the two brazilians up top and those three in midfield. Tchouameni looks the real deal already and Camavinga is the most raw of them, but clearly the potential is there. 

:lol: Flip's so happy.

5 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Pretty sure it was? I’m sure someone will have some information and set us right 

Nope. There’s interest and an alleged offer made, but he’s still currently playing for the Mackems U21s (and captaining the England U16s).

1 minute ago, Flip said:

:lol: It's all going to crash and burn in three months isn't it? Every four years I get illuded by a bunch of mediocre players. 

:lol: If your defense shows up I think it's genuinely your name on the cup.

15 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Can't wait for Champions League nights with us back in it. Hopefully soon.

I'm more than happy to say I can't wait for premier league games, that's enough for me at the moment.  Not a feeling I'm familiar with 

Feel like I'm one of the few people who prefers the Europa League over the Champions League, that may change when we are actually participants in either, but the Europa League feels way more clean and pure and like it actually means something to the club's competing, without the shitty corporatization that the Champs has had :lol:

On 11/09/2022 at 10:37, Flip said:

Shut your god damn mouth with that jinx.

Tbh, I'd say defense is our weakest position for the first time in a decade. Thiago Silva is clearly still great but Marquinhos is out of form and Eder Militao is erratic. We don't have fullbacks either.

i think Marquinos is probably the second best defender in the world right now. Militao is probably top five, too. Dunno who your full backs are. It’s Lodi, right? He’s no Marcelo but he’s solid. Still think Dani Alves could do a job.