Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

Been watching Toulouse vs Nice while waiting for the Prem games, and Nice have been poor so far.

Toulouse on the other hand have been class, especially considering they've just come up.

Gouiri and Thuram from Nice who we were both linked with have done nothing.

2 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Only just seen Coventry v Rotherham has been postponed today because the pitch isn’t suitable.

https://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/2022/august/news-coventry-city-versus-rotherham-united-game-postponed/

The state of that. What on Earth is going to happen there? 

How does it work with Coventry, they rent the ground don't they? So is it another company that manages the pitch, and out of Coventry's hands?

1 minute ago, 54 said:

How does it work with Coventry, they rent the ground don't they? So is it another company that manages the pitch, and out of Coventry's hands?

I’m assuming their acceptance the pitch is shite and clear public disdain is to use in some sort of legal battle later down the line.

I guess you’re right, it’s rented and the rent agreement will have clauses in relation to the upkeep.

I fear we’re going to have an entire season of drama over whether Ronaldo starts or not, if he gets subbed or not, if go goes a couple of games without playing, if he feels the new manager has looked at him the wrong way. The season has barely started and I’m sick of hearing about the precious wanker.

Edited by Kimbo

It's class looking forward to football again, want to watch every game. Love what this takeover and Eddie has done. First time since Rafa that I've properly looked forward and enjoyed the start of PL season. :aww:

12 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I fear we’re going to have an entire season of drama over whether Ronaldo starts or not, if he gets subbed or not, if go goes a couple of games without playing, if he feels the new manager has looked at him the wrong way. The season has barely started and I’m sick of hearing about the precious wanker.

That's the medias fault. Ten Hag isn't like our previous managers and won't take any shit. Ole would have folded and picked Ronaldo today. 

Ronaldo lost and Martial won the starting spot. Martial will start when he's fit again, but if he can't get fit Ronaldo will be back in the team. A simple story that the media will run wild with.

7 minutes ago, 54 said:

It's class looking forward to football again, want to watch every game. Love what this takeover and Eddie has done. First time since Rafa that I've properly looked forward and enjoyed the start of PL season. :aww:

Same, but even under Rafa there was always a ceiling and it would realistically be a case of 12th, 40 odd points, poor negative GD at best, whereas now there really does feel a weight lifted. I'm looking at that Man United XI and thinking if you were combining the respective first day XI's, 5 or so Newcastle players might be selected.