Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

3 minutes ago, wormy said:

I like it. Probably helps that it happened to be two of (seemingly) the most amiable managers in the league.

Imagine Bruce in one of these exchanges. :lol:

Well no questions would've got finished that's for sure.

Just now, NE27 said:

Well no questions would've got finished that's for sure.

Imagine him being put in the spot about his formations. :lol: He'd have last night's kebab dribbling down the inside of his trackies in terror.

Surprised to see Arsenal's home match with PSV on at 6pm tonight. That KO time is not uncommon for the Europa League, but it's normally those on the continent an hour ahead - really early for fans to get to the ground, and you couldn't really do a 9-5/5.30pm without finishing a bit earlier.

I guess it's another option for the armchair UK fan to watch before the PL starts on Amazon at 7.30pm - I guess that's probably the reason it's on so early.

54 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Surprised to see Arsenal's home match with PSV on at 6pm tonight. That KO time is not uncommon for the Europa League, but it's normally those on the continent an hour ahead - really early for fans to get to the ground, and you couldn't really do a 9-5/5.30pm without finishing a bit earlier.

I guess it's another option for the armchair UK fan to watch before the PL starts on Amazon at 7.30pm - I guess that's probably the reason it's on so early.

It's only tonight as it got pulled due to Queen dying. UEFA have regs in place that where possible their games shouldn't compete against domestic games to boost TV figures.

3 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

The bloke is toxic. How will yous get rid when no one wants him or can afford him?

Plenty want him, but they can't afford his current demands. I would say he will lower them significantly in January as he realises he's nowhere near first choice for this team as he doesn't have the intensity required for the style. 

At the same time, Rashford just can't finish. If we had a proper #9 we'd be deadly. Greenwood is a proper idiot. He would have led this line for years and he had it all. 

Hopefully a hard earned point for Villa tonight in an entertaining game.

Both PL matches are interesting. Two under pressure managers who would have had top 10 aspirations, and badly need a result.

I'll watch the first half of Fulham vs Villa, and might stick with it if a decent watch.

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Ten Hag's made him train alone now as well apparently. Good on him. 

Would probably cost a fortune but they're best off terminating his contract and just getting rid.

He's a selfish, arrogant, greedy toxic cunt and he always has been. Fabulous player but an utter cretin as a human being and teammate

Feels weird watching this Villa game, as I'm now become accustomed to Eddie's tactics, implementations, and game plans, where there is distinct patterns of attacking play, and a specific shape we hold while in defence, and you can see the work on several routines I'm training.

However watching Villa is like going back to any of the managers we've had over the last 14 years. Defensively being able to be opened up, and relying on last ditch blocks time and again, then in attack there being no real plan, and players having to essentially make it up as they go, or waiting for that little bit of "magic" to be produced.

It's actually kind of surreal :lol: