Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

I did find it strange how confident people were that Man-U would beat Everton 

Man-U are shite

Man-U missing out on top 4 will be funny so I don't mind them losing

Same here, had 0 faith in them. Cannot see them getting back into it either.

We should’ve beat the useless cunts 4-1 up here. 

It's a really weird one, he would be a perfectly creditable director of football appointment, but what is he supposed to do in 6 months when everyone knows he's only temporary? he hasn't the time or personel to institute his gegenpressing philosophy, the squad is bad and lopsided etc. I think he probably has steadied them a bit actually and done reasonably which is probably as good as can be expected. If he does worse do they keep him on in that 'consultant' position? They ought to that's where I'd want him rather than directly coaching which he has said he is not that keen on. He famously prefers playing kids, that squad is completely his anthesis. 

if they get Ten Hag i guess writing off season pays off, but only if he is backed to rebuild from ground up, but he wont instead they will blow whole budget on luxury players again

5 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Rangnick been a disaster of an appointment

Players have absolutely fucked him off whilst continuing to whinge on to the press despite wildly underperforming. It’s lovely to see. 

Guest neesy111
7 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I wouldn't say disaster, they are no better/worse than when ole was there however.

4 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I don't understand the point of it at all. I thought he was being brought in to identify the faults so he could then oversee an informed and holistic overhaul from a directorial position next season. That, to me, felt like an interesting and progressive plan which was a good alternative to flipflopping from one Ferguson successor to the next.

But it sounds like he's just being binned in the summer, which seems to be throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Surely they knew he wasn't the manager they needed? The decision making just seems all over the place at that club. 

Lol.

8 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

It's a really weird one, he would be a perfectly creditable director of football appointment, but what is he supposed to do in 6 months when everyone knows he's only temporary? he hasn't the time or personel to institute his gegenpressing philosophy, the squad is bad and lopsided etc. I think he probably has steadied them a bit actually and done reasonably which is probably as good as can be expected. If he does worse do they keep him on in that 'consultant' position? They ought to that's where I'd want him rather than directly coaching which he has said he is not that keen on. He famously prefers playing kids, that squad is completely his anthesis. 

if they get Ten Hag i guess writing off season pays off, but only if he is backed to rebuild from ground up, but he wont instead they will blow whole budget on luxury players again

Man United are a franchise - not a football club. Luxury/big name players sell shirts - even if they don't perform.