Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

The worst thing about the second Super Sunday game finishing means it’s basically Monday and work tomorrow. This is the turning point for me, hate it :lol: 

Update: just put BT Sport on and seen Mourinho’s in a bit of a pickle. That’ll keep me going for another 26 minutes :lol: 

Thought it was an alright spectacle aside from the usual bullshit. 

Are City fans just desensitised then? Is that the reason for such a flat atmosphere in a colossal game? Not like there wasn't drama. 

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, Thiago said:

I've never been that enamoured with Mahrez at Man City. He feels like someone that often flatters to deceive. 

:pokerface:

Guest neesy111

That game summed up both sides tbh.

City, great for 2/3's of the game and don't use their domance in scoreline.

Liverpool clinical when they got the upper hand.

Edited by neesy111

5 minutes ago, Thiago said:

I've never been that enamoured with Mahrez at Man City. He feels like someone that often flatters to deceive. 

always found it odd people thought "Super Jack" was better because they wasted 100m

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

I love Mahrez. His first touch is illegally good 

He's been brilliant for them.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Honestly one of the strangest takes I’ve seen on a player 

Allow me to clarify somewhat. When I watch him, I feel like he takes too many touches and isn't as decisive as I'd want a player in his role to be. 

Sure, his goal numbers look great, but when you actually dig a bit deeper a lot of times he's scoring in games they're already miles ahead. I'll admit, I'm holding him to a high standard because I'm watching him in the context of LIverpool's front three and the top level. Is he someone that has defined games at Man City? I don't think so. I feel like that chance at the end was a good example of what he's like in those big killer moments when City need him. 

It's a piece of piss running over Norwich or Sporting, but can you do it on the big occasion? 

Yes, he can do it on the big occasion. He won a league title for Leicester fucking City. Sure he scores lots of goals for Man City where they're winning at a canter, that's true of all their players because they're in the top 3-4 football teams in the world right now

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Yes, he can do it on the big occasion. He won a league title for Leicester fucking City. Sure he scores lots of goals for Man City where they're winning at a canter, that's true of all their players because they're in the top 3-4 football teams in the world right now

To be fair mate, I said at Man City. 

No argument, he was great for Leicester, but playing for that team and this Man City side is wildly different. 

Guest neesy111
Just now, ManDoon said:

Prob the best bit of scouting ever I reckon. Unless I’m mistaken tho their chief scout moved on and did a terrible job. Unless im thinking of someone else 

Walsh?

Just now, triggs said:

Off topic but it's mad that Leicester just happened to stumble upon 3 world class players at once in Kante, Mahrez and Vardy

Vardy and Mahrez were at the club before Kante. Both played in the Championship. Mad really :lol: 

That season defies logic on so many levels like.

What you’ve said, plus all of the top clubs having a dreadful season all at the same time, plus very few injuries all year, plus key moments going in their favour (remember them getting absolutely battered away at Spurs, clinging on and then snatching a 1-0 win somehow).

Incredible achievement but the circumstances to get there are so illogical. All of it needing to take place at exactly the right time. Makes sense of the 5,000/1.

Just now, ManDoon said:

Prob the best bit of scouting ever I reckon. Unless I’m mistaken tho their chief scout moved on and did a terrible job. Unless im thinking of someone else 

Went to Everton.