Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

Just now, neesy111 said:

Questionable angle?  You need to read up on how they actually setup the cameras etc to get the lines, it's not random.

Who cares though if it's 1mm offside it's not what the rule was designed for it's sucking all the enjoyment out of the game, the forward had no advantage at all.

2 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Questionable angle?  You need to read up on how they actually setup the cameras etc to get the lines, it's not random.

I’ve spent many an hour reading it and can still tell you it’d never be a perfect enough science to make the judgements they are trying to make with it.

It’s not just the angle of the lines, it’s the angle of looking when contact was made with the ball etc. etc.

It’s impossible to measure in the way they are.

Edit - and as @WillingtonMagsays, it’s not even in the spirit of the rules to look at it like this.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

Man City deserve to win this. They are the better team and not saying this just because I think the Liverpool players and fans are a bunch a knobs!! Mane is the only one in that team who doesn't come off as a total prick.

Guest neesy111

City's biggest weakness is lack of having clinical front line.  They share their goals around very well but you can see why they've sturggled in one off games e.g.  CL.

6 minutes ago, Bizza said:

So why doesn't VAR get involved in a situation like that? 

Because they want to keep the game as pure as possible. Absolutely no reason why VAR isn't allowed to help on those as the ball is out of play anyway and it often takes 30 seconds for the corner or goalkick to be taken.

Edited by Pata

Guest neesy111
7 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Right, but the actual frame, where the ball Is played plus the attackers position, how can that be 100%. It literally can’t be. You can’t precisely determine it. 

I agree but that looked offside on the first replay though imo so it was correct under the rules.

Guest neesy111
Just now, maze said:

This ending with a draw would be a disaster. I despise Liverpool.

Surely a Liverpool win is the disaster?

1 minute ago, Pata said:

Because they want to keep the game as pure as possible. Absolutely no reason why VAR isn't allowed to help on those as the ball is out of play anyway and it often takes 30 seconds for the corner or goalkick to be taken.

:lol: Probably the worse word to describe modern day football I could ever think of.