Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

8 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Good luck to your lad too!

Cheers mate. Flamingo land too so plenty to do with the family. He's U9s, top goalscorer in his team. Sweet left peg.

We are with R&T tours. Have a celebrity guest. Fingers are crossed for KK. :lol:

9 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Probably one for another thread but what final team do people want to see come up? I'm a sucker for wanting teams from the 90s and early 00s to come back and find Fulham and Bournemouth returning a bit boring despite the Howe connection on the latter, so who do people want to join them? Forest, Blackburn, QPR or Coventry for me, but the latter 3 have a tall order to merely get back in the playoffs nevermind win them. Huddersfield are totally meh, Luton would be strange given the state of Kenilworth Road :lol: and Sheffield United is a bit meh too. Be Norwich, Fulham and Sheff Utd bouncing between the PL and Championship for a few years.

Don't mind Bournemouth, and with the Howe connection wouldn't mind seeing them back up, can see us playing them away first game next season for some reason.

Fulham are completely meh, and just a bit boring, Luton going up would be fun given the size of the club, and Forest are a classic club that need to be in the Prem. 

Millwall are going under the radar a bit, them going up would be laughs to be honest :lol:

16 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Probably one for another thread but what final team do people want to see come up? I'm a sucker for wanting teams from the 90s and early 00s to come back and find Fulham and Bournemouth returning a bit boring despite the Howe connection on the latter, so who do people want to join them? Forest, Blackburn, QPR or Coventry for me, but the latter 3 have a tall order to merely get back in the playoffs nevermind win them. Huddersfield are totally meh, Luton would be strange given the state of Kenilworth Road :lol: and Sheffield United is a bit meh too. Be Norwich, Fulham and Sheff Utd bouncing between the PL and Championship for a few years.

I want Luton just for the stadium.

Bristol City 1 Sheff United 1 heading into injury time. Crazy to think Brewce will only be 3 points behind 6th if WBA beat Forest later on with the grand points total of 63, whereas Sheff Wed are currently outside of the League One playoff places on 76 points.

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, STM said:

Cheers mate. Flamingo land too so plenty to do with the family. He's U9s, top goalscorer in his team. Sweet left peg.

We are with R&T tours. Have a celebrity guest. Fingers are crossed for KK. :lol:

We go to Flamingo Land in June I think, a left peg eh, a rarity, hope your boy smashes it!

1 minute ago, Paullow said:

Bristol City 1 Sheff United 1 heading into injury time. Crazy to think Brewce will only be 3 points behind 6th if WBA beat Forest later on with the grand points total of 63, whereas Sheff Wed are currently outside of the League One playoff places on 76 points.

A really sick part of me wants WBA to come up. Imagine SJP when/if he has to come here. :lol:

I'd like to see Nottm Forest because I think it's about time they got back. Big city, good history, but a whole generation of fan won't have seen them in the top flight. I thought it was quite funny them being out for so long, but happy for them to come up this year.

If not, then Sheff Utd, and then probably Boro.

Guest HTT II

My boy wasn’t at his best today, football truly is a strange game, we got battered off the team we beat in the final 6-0 in the group stages. It was 1-1 in the final and went to pens, my boy was tasked with deciding the order of pen takers and he put himself first and scored and we ended winning. I’ve never felt so nervous. In the Semi he scored an amazing solo goal, beating a few and getting to the ‘keeper, dropping him, rounding him and then dinking  it past the on rushing defender trying to keep it out. In the final

he smashed a one on one massively wide. He was poor overall though! Loads of NUFC scouts there today!

Edited by HTT II

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

A really sick part of me wants WBA to come up. Imagine SJP when/if he has to come here. :lol:

Nooooooooo [emoji38].

I kind of know what you mean, but imagine - my record speaks for itself, 1000 games ya kna, that'll shut a few people up. Please god no [emoji38]

7 minutes ago, wormy said:

I want Luton just for the stadium.

It’s unlikely that their stadium will be able to host Premier League football if they come up. It maybe that they have to play at MK Dons, which no one wants.

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

It’s unlikely that their stadium will be able to host Premier League football if they come up. It maybe that they have to play at MK Dons, which no one wants.

Their ground is a similar size to Bournemouth's, is there a minimum capacity to host PL games?

18 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Don't know how feasible but looks like they're trying to make it compliant while they aim for a new 23,000 stadium which I assume would be flat pack supreme https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/luton-town-premier-league-stadium-26629625:

Luton Town remain on course for a wonderful end to the season as they eye up an unlikely Championship play-off place.

The Hatters have belied their lowly budget all season and are fourth in the table with just seven games of the regular campaign remaining. If it all goes to plan for Nathan Jones' side, they will end up back in the top flight for the first time since 1992.

With Premier League football at Kenilworth Road next season a distinct possibility, the club's hierarchy have admitted they are in the process of putting plans in place to deal with such a prospect. Luton have long held plans to move to a plush new stadium and plans for a 23,000-capacity ground are set to be finalised in the coming months.

It's fair to say the Hatters' home, in its current guise, is not a stereotypical top-flight stadium. The ground not only has a modest capacity of 10,356 but would need all manner of upgrades to be considered ready for the Premier League. New floodlights would have to be installed and a vast renovation of the media facilities would need to be undertaken to make the ground suitable for top-flight games.

Luton CEO Gary Sweet, writing in his programme notes prior to Saturday's 2-2 draw with Millwall, says the club is actively making plans in the event of promotion. He wrote: "Despite our #teamslikeluton social handle or the numerous images posted online of back gardens along Oak Road, we must absolutely embrace our success and discuss the eventualities and plan for both Championship and Premier League football being played at Kenilworth Road next season or perhaps beyond.

“This isn’t pronounced with an ounce of over-confidence or arrogance but, as a business, we simply must plan for both scenarios - and indeed we are. Whatever the outcome, we will be ready! As a stark reminder, we are currently surveying our facilities for Premier League compliance and to even prepare to make our old girl fit for purpose for the top table is not an insignificant task, especially for the demanding broadcast and media requirements. Significant work will have to be planned for, really to pull the trigger (should we be the lucky ones), to then be completed in record-time during the close season. Quite simply if ignored now, Kenilworth Road would be incompliant and substandard, not just ‘quaint.’

"We simply will not allow for Luton Town or Luton to be seen as sub-standard, and if we can achieve a satisfactory level of compliance in the eyes of the Premier League with minimal dispensations, there is no reason why our charming environment shouldn't be embraced by those other member clubs as an enhancement and broadening of the rich tapestry of venues to visit.”

Jones' side can move back up to third in the table on Tuesday, with a win over bottom club Peterborough.