Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

31 minutes ago, Paullow said:

I was just going to ask what everyone's thoughts were on Boro. Whether you'd like them up for a more local match than say Luton, or whether you might want another season of being the only Premier League club in the region so the gap will be much bigger if / when they do come up, whether they are completely insignificant to you, or whether you don't like them at all.

I see Stiffler certainly has his opinion [emoji38] . I don't really mind them to be honest, and probably would want them back up at some point soon, just for a more local / Northern side up there, but maybe once we are more established, just to alleviate the chances of any 'top dogs' stuff their fans might try to manufacture.

It'll be a huge blow if they were to lose today.

They are annoying as fuck. That whole area of Teeside is, and it’s not just related to football.

In football they fight for our games with them to be a rivalry and also Sunderland games with them as well. They harp on about the NETD’s more than the mackems do, but it is never a big deal if they lose those games or are not NETD’s.

Politically they like to spectate themselves with the NE, when we have tried to gain regional assemblies, and mayors etc they have rejected the idea despite everyone else agreeing to it, and then when we say we’ll do it without them, they kick up a fuss saying that they don’t matter.

Even Darlington is more closely aligned to Durham economically then to Middlesbrough, Stockton etc.

In football terms they have punched a noice their weight in terms of league positions etc than similar and bigger clubs of their size and don’t have the fan base really. Before Gibson saved them, a lot of football fans from that area supported us, Sunderland, Leeds, and even Hartlepool.

When we play them at their place their is always stories of trouble with them and their fans acting like hooligans. Wanting them in the same league as us is like wanting to play a match against Millwall and wanting to interact with their fans.

I wouldn’t mind Luton coming up. Mainly because their fans have suffered a little in the last 30 years or so, nearly going bust at one point. They are also hoping to build a new stadium which they really need, and it’s going to be in the heart of the town centre. The Premier League money would likely pay a large chunk of that off.

Guest HTT II

I don’t mind Boro, never had a problem with them as people as a Geordie when working there, sunderland on the other hand…

Guest HTT II
3 hours ago, HTT II said:

I don’t mind Boro, never had a problem with them as people as a Geordie when working there, sunderland on the other hand…

Speaking of Boro, I met Dean Gordon today, his company run footy tournaments for kids which my boy’s team won one of today, what a thoroughly nice fella and a decent left back in his day from what I remember. I didn’t have a clue who he was until one of the parents pointed out who he was, seemed the dads were more fawning over him than anyone else, loads of Boro kids there today. He does put on a decent tournament and the medals and trophies are not your usual shite.

Probably one for another thread but what final team do people want to see come up? I'm a sucker for wanting teams from the 90s and early 00s to come back and find Fulham and Bournemouth returning a bit boring despite the Howe connection on the latter, so who do people want to join them? Forest, Blackburn, QPR or Coventry for me, but the latter 3 have a tall order to merely get back in the playoffs nevermind win them. Huddersfield are totally meh, Luton would be strange given the state of Kenilworth Road :lol: and Sheffield United is a bit meh too. Be Norwich, Fulham and Sheff Utd bouncing between the PL and Championship for a few years.

25 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Speaking of Boro, I met Dean Gordon today, his company run footy tournaments for kids which my boy’s team won one of today, what a thoroughly nice fella and a decent left back in his day from what I remember. I didn’t have a clue who he was until one of the parents pointed out who he was, seemed the dads were more fawning over him than anyone else, loads of Boro kids there today. He does put on a decent tournament and the medals and trophies are not your usual shite.

Out of interest what company is this? My lad has a similar tournament on the next bank holiday.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, STM said:

Out of interest what company is this? My lad has a similar tournament on the next bank holiday.

Pro Motivate