Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

I can understand rivals of Liverpool not wanting them to win it, but Liverpool are a proper football club. Neutrals wanting City to win the title over Liverpool is baffling to me. 

Well we’re not fucking neutrals are we :lol:. I’ve hated Liverpool FC since I was a bairn.

27 minutes ago, Robster said:

I haven't seen the interview but that's poor craic, that. I know he'll be upset over dropping points but fuck me, pretty much everything goes their way these days. He's got to show some humility.

He also had a go at them for time wasting 

Klopp is a brilliant manager and I thought he was canny refreshing at the start but more and more of late he's become insufferable 

Maybe I'm biased cos I like Pep but I find him to be a lot more gracious in defeat 

Liverpool come off like everyone should admire them and how wonderful they are and their history etc. Man City maybe a gaudy oil club (like us now lol) but I kinda prefer that to the smugness that liverpool exude. It's all arbitrary and i will hate man city next week you ask, and...i think klopp is very good and they are fun to watch but man they are too successful right now. 

Broadly i also dislike how everyone is pretending that there is like a group of premier league teams on similar level at the top when the reality is liverpool and man city are almost embarrassingly dominant right now. They are an absolute country mile ahead of any other team in the league. I seriously think Chelsea/Arsenal/Spurs are closer to us than they are to them two in terms of quality accross season and cups etc.

1 hour ago, Tiresias said:

Liverpool come off like everyone should admire them and how wonderful they are and their history etc. Man City maybe a gaudy oil club (like us now lol) but I kinda prefer that to the smugness that liverpool exude. It's all arbitrary and i will hate man city next week you ask, and...i think klopp is very good and they are fun to watch but man they are too successful right now. 

Broadly i also dislike how everyone is pretending that there is like a group of premier league teams on similar level at the top when the reality is liverpool and man city are almost embarrassingly dominant right now. They are an absolute country mile ahead of any other team in the league. I seriously think Chelsea/Arsenal/Spurs are closer to us than they are to them two in terms of quality accross season and cups etc.

Whilst I agree, it would be remiss of me to not mention the fact that Spurs’ record against the top two this season is W2 D2 L0.

16 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Whilst I agree, it would be remiss of me to not mention the fact that Spurs’ record against the top two this season is W2 D2 L0.

Funnily enough Klopp should be thanking you since you beat City twice instead of having a go

the whole shite about the great anfield atmosphere is bollocks too.

great before kick off and after they score, otherwise its shite.

away support was some of the poorest at SJP this season.

4 hours ago, Froggy said:

I can understand rivals of Liverpool not wanting them to win it, but Liverpool are a proper football club. Neutrals wanting City to win the title over Liverpool is baffling to me. 

‘Proper’ football club is something that Man Utd fanzines in the nineties made up. If you think about it for one second it makes no sense. With the exception of MK Dons, every club is England is ‘proper’

4 hours ago, brummie said:

Nah. 

Let's reconvene on Tuesday night.

If you want a beautiful story of redemption, it would be Coutinho scoring a winner against them.To all the plastic Liverpool fans at least, he became instantly shit the second he left them, as did Raheem Sterling.

My own suspicion is that if Liverpool don't stump up and pay Salah want the Football Writers Player of the Year deserves, he'll be off, and its goodbye to 90 points a season. He's still their key player. Of course, to their fans, Salah will be instantly finished the second he leaves them. The only reason they can give for not paying him is "because Liverpool" as if that's supposed to matter to Salah.

3 hours ago, Tiresias said:

Tuchel has been at Chelsea for a year and half and they've been in both FA cup finals, League cup final this season and won the champions League. I'd say they are comfortably a level above Arsenal and Spurs. 

3 hours ago, Jaqen said:

Tuchel has been at Chelsea for a year and half and they've been in both FA cup finals, League cup final this season and won the champions League. I'd say they are comfortably a level above Arsenal and Spurs. 

Plus we're likely to finish 14th. THAT close :lol:

5 hours ago, Stottie said:

If you want a beautiful story of redemption, it would be Coutinho scoring a winner against them.To all the plastic Liverpool fans at least, he became instantly shit the second he left them, as did Raheem Sterling.

My own suspicion is that if Liverpool don't stump up and pay Salah want the Football Writers Player of the Year deserves, he'll be off, and its goodbye to 90 points a season. He's still their key player. Of course, to their fans, Salah will be instantly finished the second he leaves them. The only reason they can give for not paying him is "because Liverpool" as if that's supposed to matter to Salah.

Diaz looks unreal. I don't think losing Salah will hurt them as much as people think. He hasn't been anywhere near as good the second half of the season, and Diaz, Mane, Jota is still deadly. 

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Diaz looks unreal. I don't think losing Salah will hurt them as much as people think. He hasn't been anywhere near as good the second half of the season, and Diaz, Mane, Jota is still deadly. 

He does, but Sarah would be a miss for anyone he’s that good. I think LFC buying Diaz was one eye on replacing Salah though!

11 hours ago, Froggy said:

Explain how Man City are not a “proper football club’.

Guest HTT II
Just now, triggs said:

They're run by an oil state as a marketing and propaganda tool

The old new Newcastle

Man City are the very definition of a proper football club. Their pre-oil money honours list is impressive - 9 trophies, including two titles and one European -and they have always been one of the best supported clubs in the country. They have also seen their team plumb the depths and still stuck with them in huge numbers, and also had to watch their neighbours in the same city mock them for decades while they won everything in sight. They are ten times more “proper’ than Liverpool FC, a club whose support is the most spoilt in the country. None of their fan base under the age of 60 has been remotely tested.

Edited by Wandy