Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

Tell you what though, anyone else watching this and imagining Newcastle winning this in 2 years time? 

Don't care if its the 3rd European Trophy. Want.

Mad that people criticise Mourinho’s style when he constantly delivers. First ever European trophy and first trophy in 14 years for Roma. He turns up and does it immediately.

Also performed relatively well in the league.

I enjoy a tactical masterclass like that more than I do Man City passing the ball around their midfield 500 times with no challenges coming in before losing it and starting again.

Just now, Yorkie said:

Didn't realise we weren't allowed to count the Fairs Cup.

Not as a UEFA trophy cos its wasn't. Like you couldn't count the League Cup as a UEFA trophy.

2 minutes ago, madras said:

Not as a UEFA trophy cos its wasn't. Like you couldn't count the League Cup as a UEFA trophy.

Puh, "their first European trophy" - before a hasty qualification regarding UEFA - was uttered at least twice. Who cares which organisation's name is in front of it? #sensitive

4 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I enjoy a tactical masterclass like that

Feyenoord created nothing until Mourinho got to halftime 1-0 up and decided to park the bus and got lucky. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Mad that people criticise Mourinho’s style when he constantly delivers. First ever European trophy and first trophy in 14 years for Roma. He turns up and does it immediately.

Also performed relatively well in the league.

I enjoy a tactical masterclass like that more than I do Man City passing the ball around their midfield 500 times with no challenges coming in before losing it and starting again.

It's not mad at all. It's an awful watch, even when he has quality players to utilise.

Yes, he wins and can't knock it, but he has to, otherwise fans just can't stomach the football.

I definitely wouldn't want him at Newcastle.

Roma have played good football for most of this season, from what I've seen. Having a back to wall defensive performance in a major final is not a rarity specific to Mourinho. His Spurs side was defensive in general, for whatever reason, but this season has not been that way, tbh. 

Edited by Segun Oluwaniyi

22 minutes ago, KaKa said:

It's not mad at all. It's an awful watch, even when he has quality players to utilise.

Yes, he wins and can't knock it, but he has to, otherwise fans just can't stomach the football.

I definitely wouldn't want him at Newcastle.

Did you like Rafa?

23 minutes ago, Pata said:

Feyenoord created nothing until Mourinho got to halftime 1-0 up and decided to park the bus and got lucky. :lol:

Roma had some of the best chances in the 2nd half. If anything that could easily have finished 2-0.

How did they get lucky? If anything Feyenoord were lucky not to play the final 35 minutes with 10 men.

Just now, KaKa said:

Yes, his football is nowhere near as dreary as Mourinho's.

It’s not as successful either.

It’s such a myth that he plays dull defensive football week in week out. He does, when the time is right to get a result. That’s what top managers do, change their tactics based on the opposition.

5 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

It’s not as successful either.

It’s such a myth that he plays dull defensive football week in week out. He does, when the time is right to get a result. That’s what top managers do, change their tactics based on the opposition.

Man, this guy had Kane and Son at Tottenham and they were a bad watch. The guy's football is dull as dishwater man.

That's why he ultimately had to leave Man Utd and Tottenham. The fans were not going for it.

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Man, this guy had Kane and Son at Tottenham and they were a bad watch. The guy's football is dull as dishwater man.

That's why he ultimately had to leave Man Utd and Tottenham. The fans were not going for it.

A bad watch that got to a cup final?

Kane and Son also got 74 goals and 41 assists under Mourinho :lol: They were class under him and both loved him.

Man Utd have also done impeccably well after booting him. From a European cup win to fuck all.