Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

Guest neesy111
Just now, ponsaelius said:

I thought it came off a Madrid tackle first then Fabinho, which I could have understood to a degree, although still bollocks. However that last replay shows Konate onto Fabinho. Absolutely clear goal.

Yeah I'm confused about it now.

1 minute ago, midds said:

It's the right decision according to the rules but goals like that should stand. Can't see what offence Real have made in that situation, Real fucked up the clearance and Benzema finished it. It should have been awarded imo but they have to follow the rules as they're currently written

I don't think it it's right according to the rules either mate.

4 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I’m sorry but the “I can’t believe you don’t know the rule” comment. Cmon Neesy. You’re more chill than that my dude. 

TBF there’s only like 7 rules in this game and a shocking amount of us don’t know them. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

FFf7Re2.jpeg

First touch forward was clearly Valverde. The ball gets to Benzema after deflections from this touch and he is offside when Valverde plays it here. Its offside.

After Valverde’s touch it hits Konate who plays it to Fabinho who plays it to Benzema. 100% a new phase of play and not a deflection IMO.

9 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I’ve literally spent my entire life thinking it was just the last touch 

I get why the rule is there, like if you put a cross in but it takes the slightest nick off the full back and your striker is a week offside, then that's still offside.

But Fabinho is sliding in there, in the direction the ball eventually goes off him, I think it should have stood.

1 minute ago, Pata said:

After Valverde’s touch it hits Konate who plays it to Fabinho who plays it to Benzema. 100% a new phase of play and not a deflection IMO.

:lol: How on earth can it be a new phase of play? Everyone's still making the same movements they started 1 second before when the incident began. They were clear deflections in the same phase, just because the ball went forward, back and forward again in 1 second doesnt mean its a new phase.

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

Even if it is offside its completely against the spirit of what offside was introduced for when Benzema still has a player who isn't the keeper in front of him when it comes to him

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, Pata said:

Branko is correct, the new phase of play doesn't count for quick deflections like that 

1 minute ago, Tomato Deuce said:

TBF there’s only like 7 rules in this game and a shocking amount of us don’t know them. :lol:

not even sure what the hell that was tbh. Makes no sense. 

Konate deliberately plays the ball. He made such a hash of it it went off Fabinho, who was also deliberately sliding in to clear the ball. There's no way it should have been disallowed.

BT should bin Walton after this seaaon, man. Been getting things wrong all season. What's Uriah Rennie doing these days?

THat deflection rule now clears up a dissallowed goal Wilson had against Man Utd at SJP if I'm not mistaken that I was furious about getting disallowed as I saw it came off a Man Utd player last before Wilson put it in.

Aye the replay changed my mind. Never seen the Konate touch on to Fabinho initially. 

Should have been a goal. Still didn't excuse the commentators thinking it should have stood before seeing that though. :lol:

10 minutes ago, Scoot said:

A real Madrid player kicked it first though and when he kicked it, benzema was offside. It then deflected off a Liverpool player into benzema's feet. That's why he was offside. 

Did a Real player kick that though? I’ce had a few shandies and I didn’t see that at all.

It deflected from Allison to two Liverpool players before landing back at Benzema? Did it not?

"Playing the ball" in Fabinho's case is surely successfully intercepting the ball, not passing it to a player. He attempted to block the ball, and was successful in doing so. It's unfortunate that his block went to Benzema but no one blocks from point blank range with any anticipation as to where it's going to land beyond the direction in which you're lunging.

Real don't deserve to be winning but that goal should have stood in my opinion.