Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

52 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Don Ancelotti at it again ... LEGEND.

Crazy to think Everton had him as their manager

Edited by duo

3 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

TAA with a little flounce, yanking the medal off immediately, little huffy wank was one of the worst players on the pitch

His use of the ball in the final third was just laughable. 

4 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

They are a top side but the love in for them and media hype has got well out of hand sorry like. Over the moon they've been beat and their fans shown up.

You can revel in some schadenfreude for Liverpool as much as you like, but they did more today to win the game in terms of opportunities and amount of time applying pressure. Some excellent first touch play around the box. They couldn't score and the Real keeper literally was the reason why. And well done to Real for taking their chance.

Edited by hakka

Just now, hakka said:

I think the concept that all 9 saves today were routine for this keeper and he'd always save them is foolish. He had a fantastic performance. 

World class player has world class game in major final.  Move along, nothing to see here.

I didn’t say they were routine, in the same way that a great centre forward scoring shitloads of well-taken goals isn’t routine.  But you can’t just say ‘keeper had a worldie’ when the keeper IS a worldie.  Real know they can more comfortably absorb pressure with a top goalie - I doubt that Ancelotti thought ‘I hope we don’t sit back and put Courtois under pressure’.  

2 minutes ago, Caleb70 said:

Same.

I also don’t totally get this Gerard is just waiting for the Liverpool job. He may get it at one stage, but doesn’t mean he will have success.  Far better managers than him around.

It's the Liverpool way. And they represent the whole of the nation lest we forget.

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

World class player has world class game in major final.  Move along, nothing to see here.

I didn’t say they were routine, in the same way that a great centre forward scoring shitloads of well-taken goals isn’t routine.  But you can’t just say ‘keeper had a worldie’ when the keeper IS a worldie.  Real know they can more comfortably absorb pressure with a top goalie - I doubt that Ancelotti thought ‘I hope we don’t sit back and put Courtois under pressure’.  

World class players have good and bad games you know. It's not a constant flat performance from them. They consistently do well, but tonight was clearly one his best performances.

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

Makes you sick doesn't i?

I was genuinely terrified that under the FCB we'd end up with Gerrard as our manager. If that happened, I'd be permanently out rather than just in hibernation as a fan like I was until the FCB fucked off. Gerrard is my all time least favourite footballer, and the way he is going on at Villa has done nothing to improve my opinion of him.

Karma for those 'Sob on the Tyne' bedsheets that the Villa fans have to put up with that apococunt as their manager. [emoji38]

Edited by JumpersForGoalposts

3 minutes ago, hakka said:

You can revel in some schadenfreude for Liverpool as much as you like, but they did more today to win the game in terms of opportunities and amount of time applying pressure. Some excellent first touch play around the box. They couldn't score and the Real keeper literally was the reason why. And well done to Real for taking their chance.

Madrid should have scored another 3 on the break tbh, Liverpool caught them on a bad day.

5 minutes ago, duo said:

Crazy to think Everton has him as their manager

crazy to think at the start of the season that both R Madrid and Barca managers we ex Everton

Just now, TRon said:

Madrid should have scored another 3 on the break tbh, Liverpool caught them on a bad day.

Breaks mucked up 3 times is very different from pinging 9 strikes on target out of 24, forcing multiple  outstanding saves.

Just now, hakka said:

World class players have good and bad games you know. It's not a constant flat performance from them. They consistently do well, but tonight was clearly one his best performances.

Yes, that’s true - but truly great players have their best games on the biggest stages.

If you want to flip this, then you could look at Liverpool being utterly powderpuff when it really counts.  Who gives a shite how many shots on target they had?  Knowing how to absorb pressure and leave teams taking potshots is a fundamental part of why the Anfield trophy cabinet is so full

Guest neesy111
9 minutes ago, duo said:

Crazy to think Everton has him as their manager

Not really, his stock was terrible after Bayern and Napoli.

He's a classic man manager, great when it's good but you don't want him when it falls apart.

2 minutes ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

I was genuinely terrified that under the FCB we'd end up with Gerrard as our manager. If that happened, I'd be permanently out rather than just in hibernation as a fan like I was until the FCB fucked off. Gerrard is my all time least favourite footballer, and the way he is going on at Villa has done nothing to improve my opinion of him.

Karma for those 'Sob on the Tyne' bedsheets that the Villa fans have to put up with that apococunt as their manager. [emoji38]

I think I would have hated him less if Martin Samuels hadn't wrote that article we should have signed him instead of Howe for his pulling power. Being a former great footballer and all that.