Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Nah City and PSG weren’t as good as they are now.  

Madrid where reigning champions and a real favourite. Barca didn’t beat them. 

Everyone said City and Liverpool are the best teams in Europe this season. Some say 2 of the best teams ever. Madrid beat them both. PSG where favourites at the start of the tournament and favourites in their tie against Madrid - Madrid beat them. I think the bookies had Real as underdogs in all of their KO games including the final.  

I agree with PSG and City. But that Munich and Juve teams were levels ahead of any team this season, particularly Juve. I still believe that Barca's run was overall tougher, but Madrid's is certainly more impressive when we take into account Barca 2015 vs Madrid 2022

6 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Playing in far more European finals than any other club is part of it

And I’m definitely not saying that scallies with dodgy tickets aren’t getting in.  I just don’t think that’s a good enough reason to have densely packed, poorly organised queues being pepper sprayed

Are you a Liverpool fan with your made up stats?

Most final appearances (including 2021/22)

UEFA Champions League 
8 Real Madrid
6 AC Milan
6 Bayern München
6 Juventus
5 Barcelona
5 Liverpool
4 Manchester United

European Cup (all time)
17 Real Madrid
11 AC Milan
11 Bayern München
10 Liverpool
9 Juventus
8 Barcelona
7 Benfica
6 Ajax

I agree with this. But if Spurs or Chelsea where in the final - Liverpool would’ve won. Madrid’s character made it a much easier game. Liverpool had chances but they didn’t pummel Madrid. For a bit of a smash and grab it was pretty routine in execution.  

Football, unfortunately does not work with ifs and buts. It is really unacceptable to blame anyone when you fail to score in three finals in a season.

1 hour ago, hakka said:

In two of those finals neither did the other side. It's a moot point, you don't just measure Liverpool on 3 finals and that's it, especially without considering what happened in some of them. 

Nah it’s a valid comment. Liverpool high praise as being some of the best ever.  Their performances in cup finals don’t align with that. 

Madrid have conceded in every game in the KO round and have been behind in every contest. But beat Liverpool to 0 in the final. 

8 minutes ago, Pata said:

Are you a Liverpool fan with your made up stats?

Most final appearances (including 2021/22)

UEFA Champions League 
8 Real Madrid
6 AC Milan
6 Bayern München
6 Juventus
5 Barcelona
5 Liverpool
4 Manchester United

European Cup (all time)
17 Real Madrid
11 AC Milan
11 Bayern München
10 Liverpool
9 Juventus
8 Barcelona
7 Benfica
6 Ajax

I was referring to other English teams - and they’ve appeared in far more than any other English side

4 minutes ago, Mansour said:

I agree with PSG and City. But that Munich and Juve teams were levels ahead of any team this season, particularly Juve. I still believe that Barca's run was overall tougher, but Madrid's is certainly more impressive when we take into account Barca 2015 vs Madrid 2022

Madrid beat both those Bayern and Juve sides in their CL wins either side of that Barca win.  Nobody considered those especially magical runs. 

With the exception of Bayern (who were beaten by a non-elite team anyway) Madrid beat the 4 best teams in the competition.  

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I was referring to other English teams - and they’ve appeared in far more than any other English side

Alright, so why are the fans from Italy, Spain and Germany so well-behaving compared to Liverpool fans?

Edited by Pata

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Madrid beat both those Bayern and Juve sides in their CL wins either side of that Barca win.  Nobody considered those especially magical runs. 

With the exception of Bayern (who were beaten by a non-elite team anyway) Madrid beat the 4 best teams in the competition.  

Now I get your point, and I agree. What made Madrid's run tougher was their situation, they clearly were not the favourite in any of the ties unlike Barca. I think the quality of football and Barca's opponents were so much better, and perhaps that what gave me the impression that it was a harder run.

1 minute ago, Mansour said:

Now I get your point, and I agree. What made Madrid's run tougher was their situation, they clearly were not the favourite in any of the ties unlike Barca. I think the quality of football and Barca's opponents were so much better, and perhaps that what gave me the impression that it was a harder run.

I disagree that Barca’s opponents where harder. City and PSG weren’t serious contenders at the time. Madrid beat those Bayern and Juve sides year in year out themselves. 

I disagree that Barca’s opponents where harder. City and PSG weren’t serious contenders at the time. Madrid beat those Bayern and Juve sides year in year out themselves. 

I personally believe that Juve and Munich 2015 (and Madrid 2015, for that matter) are superior to CFC, City, LFC, and Madrid 2022. Overall, football's quality was better back then than it is right now.

8 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

It’s not unique to Liverpool fans at all. Every club has a some cunt fans, that’s just how it is. I haven’t seen anything tonight that makes Me think they deserved tear gassing. I find the simping for police very disconcerting to be honest 

The video I saw didn't warren it. But I only saw what they fed me.

10 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

It’s not unique to Liverpool fans at all. Every club has a some cunt fans, that’s just how it is. I haven’t seen anything tonight that makes Me think they deserved tear gassing. I find the simping for police very disconcerting to be honest 

You're missing the point and I'm not denying that there are foreign cunts too, it was a direct question aimed at his reasoning.

I'm sure the organisers made a mess of it but to think that Liverpool fans weren't the reason the game was delayed for almost 40 minutes is incredibly naive. My thoughts are that the organisers fucked up the preparations and gave a chance for cunts to climb fences and storm the gates. Then they didn't know how to respond properly and were overly aggressive but ultimately the blame lies with opportunistic fans.

Edited by Pata

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

I don’t agree. I was listening to the radio coverage prior to the game, abs Dermot Corrigan was on. He’d been in the outside bottleneck before the match and was expressing that most people were in good spirits but they weren’t opening the security check points to let them in. He’s not a Liverpool fan and has no skin in the game. 

I haven’t seen identifiable Liverpool fans climbing the gates. But as far as being in a crush, I would climb out. 100 percent. 

Fair enough, I could be wrong.

It was totally egregious. It worries me that people are so quick to almost apologize for these sorts of things and look to blame normal people. It scares me. If I was I crush, I’d climb out 100 percent 

My experience is American football. I was a season ticket holder for the Minnesota Vikings and with 65K fans coming in it took a while but there was never a stampede. It was insanely close like cattle but no stampede.

Sounds real scary to be honest.

4 minutes ago, McDog said:

My experience is American football. I was a season ticket holder for the Minnesota Vikings and with 65K fans coming in it took a while but there was never a stampede. It was insanely close like cattle but no stampede.

Sounds real scary to be honest.

You should still be, we'll be good one day. 

Edited by Pata

Yeah crushes are absolutely terrifying. I remember at Reading festival getting. Crushed at the front of the main stage and doing all I could to get out. It’s rough 

Yea, no good for sure. I can only imagine.

4 hours ago, Pata said:

You're missing the point and I'm not denying that there are foreign cunts too, it was a direct question aimed at his reasoning.

I'm sure the organisers made a mess of it but to think that Liverpool fans weren't the reason the game was delayed for almost 40 minutes is incredibly naive. My thoughts are that the organisers fucked up the preparations and gave a chance for cunts to climb fences and storm the gates. Then they didn't know how to respond properly and were overly aggressive but ultimately the blame lies with opportunistic fans.

Totally agree, this was a mixture from both sides, too many cunty Liverpool fans without tickets trying to get in and over zealous French police reacting to it , not denying all clubs in Europe have hooligan problems but only the English seem intent on travelling in huge numbers , getting pissed , trying to get in for nowt or buying fake tickets leaving genuine fans having to put up with these problems. 
No problems for Real fans getting in ….there lies the evidence.