Newcastle United 3 - 1 Everton (08/02/2022)

Disco

Just now, Neil said:

50/50.

In a game we couldn't lose, you won comfortably.

2nd half was as close to a surrender as you'll see. Not even remotely close to acceptable but just gets added to an increasingly long list of spineless surrenders this season.

Thing is, we have been slowly building our performances. We haven't won many but we have lost to the top sides.

This performance was coming from us. We are just trying to turn around an oil tanker. I feel Everton are at the start of that process, with less time.

I still feel you will get 2/3 wins which will pull you away.

1 minute ago, Tiresias said:

Possibly lol see others loved him but he frustrated the hell out of me first half

He picked it up and really played hard the second half. Winning the ball, some good passes, one of which led to a goal.

Thought we really grew into the game after a nervy start. Bossed it then onwards. 

Still nervous about potentially losing ASM, thought he was absolutely unplayable tonight like. What a player.

Thought Willock grew into the game and you can't fault Joelintons work ethic. Can't really fault any of our players, even thought Lascelles had a good game.

Brilliant stuff.

That Holgate og could be a massive turning point for us. The way we instantly responded just seemed to inject us with fight and anger, and we turned that into quality. 

So fucking buzzing man. 

24 minutes ago, Neil said:

50/50.

2nd half was as close to a surrender as you'll see. Not even remotely close to acceptable but just gets added to an increasingly long list of spineless surrenders this season.

My ex was scouse, her Dad an Evertonian, he was a racist bastard. Beating Everton is always sweet for me. Good luck rest of the season. I'm sure you're alright

#CoolStoryBro

Edited by Amir_9

Just now, Jackie Broon said:

He was fantastic in the second though, more than made up for his not great first half.

Shelvey too.

Alright 6 was harsh but i didnt mean it that harsh, if i think someone is poor they get sub 5 scores!

5 minutes ago, Neil said:

50/50.

Fuck you tbh

4 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Hahahah Frank is gutted the sad Tory cunt. He looks beaten already 

I'd not be too thrilled watching that interview if I was an Everton fan, he looked a bit too disappointed in his players, but he didn't really get them organised too well.

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

I noticed that. “I’ve learned a bit about the players”. Already trying to push blame away from himself. Leeds beating them would be chefs kiss 

TBF to him, Mina going off fucked them as did DCL not being hoyed on for the last 30 but they offered nowt but losing their heads.

Like you say lose to Bielsa and it could get interesting. Think they’ve got too much to stay up but we all know he’s not going to do much to shore up the defence which always means they might vulnerable. Unlike most I don’t mind Everton but I’d fucking love to see that smug cunt fall flat on his dish.

Ratings 

Dubravka 6 Fuck all to do

Trippier 10 World class

Lascelles 7 back to the way he used to play

Schar 6 quiet in a good way

Targett 8 Really solid debut

Fraser 7 quiet first half but got his goal

Shelvey 7 silly yellow

Joelinton 6 poor by recent standards

Willock 8 average first but brilliant second half

ASM 9.5 absolutely class

Wood 7 missed big chance but looked sharper