Newcastle United 3 - 1 Everton (08/02/2022)

Disco

Well that was unreal. I managed to get one of the siblings' tickets at the last minute. 

Trippier was different class, Targett was solid as a rock, and Willock stepped it up tonight. Such a good second half all round really. If ASM had passed it back to Bruno for the tap-in, man. :kurt:

Well, that was absolutely class. Sat right behind the gallowgate goal in the second row, best view possible for Trippier’s free kick. Well done to Howe, got it right. Just such a class night and fancy us to get out of it now. Bruno’s cameo man FFS :lol:

The Pickford song :lol:

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Between this place, Everton’s forum and RTG, not sure I’ll be going kip any time soon :lol: 

It’s a wonderful evening.

Tuesday is my least favourite day. But will undoubtedly be the best day this week. 

15 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

probably been posted already. But LOOOOOOLLLLLLL :lol: 

Saw that at the time and immediately thought that someone will be doing a ‘scissors paper stone’ skit with that. :lol:

Massive result. Massive performance. 

When Howe arrived, he said we will train with same intensity as we want play and I think we saw that second half. 

No more blowing out of our arses at 60 minutes and just trying to hang on. Stamina, physicality and application are a million miles better than what he inherited. Its basic stuff but there’s signs of progress and a plan. 

Absolute joy to be in that atmosphere tonight, the release when Trippier scored was immense. 3–1 up and just sheer enjoyment the rest of the way. Class. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Is it spoilt to say I'm a bit disappointed we only scored 3?

Just wish that Murphy or ASM chance at the end went in. Would have been a fairer reflection on our dominance. 

Some humiliation would have been delicious with the amount of dirty stamps and challenges they got away with. Really the best team won on all counts. Can't believe they tried to "pass it to the goalie" and then score when they should have given us the ball.

Just back from the match and St James was rocking!

I thought Targett was immense!  ASM quiet 1st half but 2nd half he was brilliant - he actually passed at the right times today.   Trippier - will be the best £12M we will ever ever spend.   Shelvey, as soon as the tackle went in I thought Red but so glad it wasn't,  still worry about him.   Bruno nice little cameo but looked quality.   Willock he starting to make his runs again   I think with Bruno he could just have a very good 2nd half to the season.

Onwards and Upwards - its in Howe hands!