West Ham United 1 - 1 Newcastle United (19/02/2022)

Yorkie

Half time notes:

- Wood grafts his arse off and is a really good target man but couldn't finish his dinner.

-Willocks best half at our club that. He was unplayable.

-Krafth clearly our week point.

-Schar and Burn are a great combo, nice and calm.

-Murphy and Fraser have been really handy.

-West Ham have been poor IMO.

-Bruno is perfect for this.

Edged it and been the better side, I think. Deserved that. Just no idea how to build through midfield and we seem a bit unsure what to do with all this possession. Willock is just legs to drive forward, Shelvey just sits deep next to the CB’s and Joelinton is all about the off the ball work. Lack of quality in there kills us.

With a bit more cutting edge, we would

batter these. They look crap and we look really sharp today bar a 1-2 of them. 

We have been the best side, Trippier is such a massive loss. Would look so much more comfortable defensively with him in there now. No doubt we are missing Wilson(or someone similar) though, we've missed atleast 2 very good chances in that half because most of our plays lack composure and finishing ability.

1 minute ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Thought Willock has been quality

He’s been decent carrying the ball forward, off the ball he’s been in the right place to help the defence. Very good, if not spectacular, performance. 

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Outside of Man City and Liverpool, the league is really piss poor IMO. 

I think it's just more level. Like you said apart from City,Liverpool and sometimes Chelsea.. everyone from 5th to 15th is pretty matched.

1 minute ago, Collage said:

60% possession

Not, in any way, a criticism of ASM but we do sacrifice a lot of possession when he is our obvious attacking outlet. I've never wanted him dropped but I was always fascinated to see how we performed without him. I think if Wilson was playing we'd be winning this. And that's not a criticism of Wood, either.

Fuck it I'm not even prepared to criticise Kra...

Just now, xLiaaamx said:

Shelvey is struggling big time imo. Not sure if he's just ran out of steam or if the armband is getting in his head but he's been back to normal today. 

I think he’s been alright but I’d be looking to replace him with Bruno after 20 mins.

Just now, Gaztoon said:

I think it's just more level. Like you said apart from City,Liverpool and sometimes Chelsea.. everyone from 5th to 15th is pretty matched.

Aye I’d agree, there isn’t much between the rest of the teams outside of those two who are obviously miles apart from the rest. We are playing a top 6th side today and you’d think we were top 6th, it’s a poor league in that sense, but as you say, it’s quite even outside of the top two even way down to us.

Just now, nemtizz said:

Praying Krafth doesn’t self destruct any further. 

Never thought I’d say it. But feel like we may as well chuck Murphy there. Krafth is second to everything and the foul and the way he got squared up and gave the foul away was just brainless. Now on a daft yellow, against a team that love to

play it down the flanks. 

Did well driving forward for the cross

before the goal, mind