Brentford vs. Newcastle United: 26/02/2022 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

LRD

We should definitely not go into this game with fear.  We are on a decent run and playing well, it's not like we are fluking results - the work rate and team spirit is super high.  They are on a terrible run!

If we expect our good form to continue then there is equally no reason why their poor form should not also continue.  I am not worried about Toney or Eriksen, they are good players but, so what?  Do you think the Brentford fans forum is full of fear over our players?  Well it bloody should be!!!

It is an away game - negative

We have broken our away win duck already - positive

We are unbeaten this year - positive

They have not won in 7 or 8 games - positive

Our team spirit is high - positive

Beat them and we go above them -positive

I am optimistic and positive about this one.  I refuse to let the Ashley years cloud my feelings of the hear and now!

3 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

I like Murphy more than most, it seems.  I was wanting him to start over Fraser a while back!  So I wouldn't be upset if he started.  He is just still so frustrating with his decision making and slapdash attempts at passing.  It is always the sublime to ridiculous with him, usually in the same move.  He is just wildly inconsistent.  Although in his defence, he has never had a long run in the team. 

I wasn't here for the West Ham game, watched the first half when I got back on Sky, and was expecting Murphy to be quite bad having read some of the match thread, but actually thought he looked pretty decent. He's obviously no ASM, but he was quite lively and did well enough as a replacement I thought.

Just now, STM said:

I'm convinced Eddie is playing mind games and ASM will start.

I'm the other way.  I don't think he will play at all, whereas I reckon Manquillo will start. 

He has seemed quite crafty with his press conferences.  Seems to be polite and generous with his answers.  But at the same time, doesn't give too much away. 

I wonder how much of a flap about relegation Brentford and their fans are in? Given the poor recent results and the upturn in us and Burnley, if we can get an early goal or at least not concede in the first half an hour or so the crown might turn. 

6 minutes ago, St1pe said:

I wonder how much of a flap about relegation Brentford and their fans are in? Given the poor recent results and the upturn in us and Burnley, if we can get an early goal or at least not concede in the first half an hour or so the crown might turn. 

They seem quite calm about the whole thing. 

I'm sticking to 1-2 win.

Reading Frank's comments, Brentford are going to persist with their low block. The wingers and Willock should get plenty of joy if they can break the midfield line.

I still fancy them to score though. Toney and Mbuemo are a handful, even if they don't always get the numbers to show it.

39 minutes ago, St1pe said:

I think they’re just happy to have a season in the Premier League.

3 hours ago, peder said:

Thomas Frank adds that Ivan Toney has recovered from a calf injury and will be fit for the weekend.

I dont like that

Really Peder?

You are normally so positive. 

Would love maxi to play obviously but an unfit maxi could be a massive problem if he starts. 

I certainly trust Howe a lot more with regards to player fitness. With Bruce you just know him and Manquillo would be thrown in regardless.