Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

Big Joe not a fan of Brucey’s training sessions, (un)surprisingly…

When asked about the impact Howe has had on Newcastle since arriving, Joelinton said: "A lot of things have improved since the boss arrived. Training sessions have been better and the same goes for the competitiveness in the squad.”

"He has also brought a winning mentality to our team: he's very demanding and everyone needs to give everything. The boss doesn't like to see bad passes - that's just in training, let alone in a match!“

“When sessions are tough in training and everyone is really competitive, it becomes normal to replicate that in games. Perhaps we didn't have the same intensity before him.”

“There's no magic formula - your performance at the weekend is a reflection of what you've done in the week. Things didn't change straight away, actually. It took some time for him to turn things around. So, it was fantastic to see wins come our way, as well as the deserved recognition for his brilliant work."

Guest HTT II
9 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

"The fans need to realise it may get worse, before it gets even worse."

The fans need to realise it will get worse before it gets even worse and then worse again and again and again…

10 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I’d now rate Bruce as the worst manager ever in our history, he makes Pardew seem a good guy!

100% agree Bruce had two choices when he was here, be loyal and cherish his routes and upbringing or side with Ashley and take the money, he took the latter, worra cunt.

Just now, Dokko said:

At least pardew has some dignity. Not much but a few examples out there. 

I can't think of one thing Bruce, in his entire career, showed an ounce of it. 

The only time Pardew showed any kind of dignity was if it made him look better or got him something. There was nothing real behind it, fella is a narcissist. 

Just now, LV said:

The only time Pardew showed any kind of dignity was if it made him look better or got him something. There was nothing real behind it, fella is a narcissist. 

Yet still a better human being than Bruce. 

I don't disagree, but he showed it for whatever gain, Bruce couldn't even do that. 

Both as bad as each other in my book. Bruce and his excuses - Pardoo with his arrogance.

That squad that got to 5th though :love:. Current squad needs maybe 3 more quality additions to match it.

Having been associated with some absolute nightmare people over the last 14 years, the despicable characters of the ilk of Ashley, Jiminez, Wise, Vetere, Kinnear, Pardew, McClaren, Charnley,  Justin Barnes, it goes to show how abhorrent Bruce really is when I’d consider him the worst of the lot. That’s some going. 

27 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Having been associated with some absolute nightmare people over the last 14 years, the despicable characters of the ilk of Ashley, Jiminez, Wise, Vetere, Kinnear, Pardew, McClaren, Charnley,  Justin Barnes, it goes to show how abhorrent Bruce really is when I’d consider him the worst of the lot. That’s some going. 

Like it 

I think the reason I dislike Bruce more is that at least Pardew seemed to have the self-awareness that he wasn’t up to it and was simply blagging his way through the job. With Bruce though, despite the same levels of ineptitude, you get the impression that he legitimately thinks that he’s a good manager but situations are conspiring against him. You never see that bloated cunt hold himself accountable for any of his massive shortcomings.

3 minutes ago, McCormick said:

I think the reason I dislike Bruce more is that at least Pardew seemed to have the self-awareness that he wasn’t up to it and was simply blagging his way through the job. With Bruce though, despite the same levels of ineptitude, you get the impression that he legitimately thinks that he’s a good manager but situations are conspiring against him. You never see that bloated cunt hold himself accountable for any of his massive shortcomings.

It was science against Pardew though Tbf. 

I will say, in defense of Pardew (:anguish:), whenever he’s on Beinsports he’s always  very complimentary to the club and the fans. Usually he gets into heated arguments with dossers Keys and Gray and will often challenge them on their use of cliched criticisms of our fan base (albeit despite he himself using those same cliches during his time here). You’d imagine Bruce would use the same air-time to belt out his well-worn violin routine.

Just now, McCormick said:

I will say, in defense of Pardew (:anguish:), whenever he’s on Beinsports he’s always  very complimentary to the club and the fans. Usually he gets into heated arguments with dossers Keys and Gray and will often challenge them on their use of cliched criticisms of our fan base (albeit despite he himself using those same cliches during his time here). You’d imagine Bruce would use the same air-time to belt out his well-worn violin routine.

He's only doing that as a roundabout way of aggrandising himself.

How much more grief did Pardew get as well. 

Bruce got, what!?, one home game of chants of 'sacked in the morning' and s**t online like everybody else.

He handled 95% less stick than Pardew got, worse if anything.

Bruce's nice guy alibi helps swing it too. Pardew never disguised (couldn't really) his c*ntliness.

Bruce seemed far more servile and likely legitimately friendly towards Ashley too.

Edited by Wolfcastle