Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

A predictably satisfying read. Sounds like a direct continuation of the total phoning-in of his role and responsibilities that we experienced. He's an absolute disgrace. 

I doubt we've seen the last of him but it's going to take a seriously desperate or seriously stupid chief executive for him to reappear in the Championship. 

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

A predictably satisfying read. Sounds like a direct continuation of the total phoning-in of his role and responsibilities that we experienced. He's an absolute disgrace. 

I doubt we've seen the last of him but it's going to take a seriously desperate or seriously stupid chief executive for him to reappear in the Championship. 

Hiyaaa

AcunIlicali.jpeg

Edited by Groundhog63

17 hours ago, toon25 said:

How fitting that his lackeys have also been binned.

Bunch of fucking wasters.

I checked this morning to see if it was his fellow 2 Steves and of course it was. Along with his spongeing son added to the mix for some nepotastic cash in fun.

It's just unreal how these bastards make a living on the back of knowing fuck all.

8 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

He quite clearly does nowt except delegate while he sits on his ass. Has done for years. 

It’s not even keeping a club ticking over, he just turns up and thinks that’s enough. 

Fraud. 

Just now, LV said:

He quite clearly does nowt except delegate while he sits on his ass. Has done for years. 

It’s not even keeping a club ticking over, he just turns up and thinks that’s enough. 

Fraud. 

25 years of fraudery, that's the kicker. :lol:

7 hours ago, SteV said:

It’s interesting that McClaren was probably the most likeable (or least unlikable) of that lot, yet he probably did the worst job of anyone considering circumstances and players at his disposal.

*not really counting Kinnear as that was all just madness

Dalglish did the worst job by that parameter. Turned Keegan's entertainers into negative dreck that was three points above the relegation zone at Easter of the following year. Though again weirdly don't dislike him.

Edited by Wolfcastle

8 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Dalglish did the worst job by that parameter. Turned Keegan's entertainers into negative dreck that was three points above the relegation zone at Easter of the following year. Though again weirdly don't dislike him.

Well, yeah, but he did get us a second place finish in his first (part) season, and we did beat Barcelona under him. 

McClaren had literally no success, other than a good couple of back-to-back wins against Liverpool and Spurs.

I dont feel like we went backwards under Mclaren. We stayed up on the last day the year before and were on course for something like that again.

Same with Gullit really. Didnt get any worse under him than it already was. Its more Dalglish's and Souness' that I consider personally because of the backing they had to take the club backwards at a frightening rate.

There was no respect from Dalglish or Gullit of club, personnel or what had gone before.

Rather than build on the foundations they ripped it all up because of their own egos 

40 minutes ago, LV said:

There was no respect from Dalglish or Gullit of club, personnel or what had gone before.

Rather than build on the foundations they ripped it all up because of their own egos 

Agree on Gullit but Dalglish had to build from the ground up. There was nowt behind the 16-17 man first-team squad due to Keegan doing away with the reserves.

27 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Agree on Gullit but Dalglish had to build from the ground up. There was nowt behind the 16-17 man first-team squad due to Keegan doing away with the reserves.

Didn't Dalglish sell Ginola, Batty and Ferdinand? Then bring in old players like Pearce, Rush and Barnes? I just remember him ruining us from what we were from selling those players.

4 minutes ago, hakka said:

Didn't Dalglish sell Ginola, Batty and Ferdinand? Then bring in old players like Pearce, Rush and Barnes? I just remember him ruining us from what we were from selling those players.

Gullit sold Batty. Ginola was a falling out it seems, not sure how much say he had in Ferdinand leaving, seemed more a plc move?

41 minutes ago, hakka said:

Also brought in Hamann, Speed, Solano, Ketsbaia, Given, Dabizas, Griffin

Shearer injury was a kicker too

Edited by James

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

True, but I dont see why that's a cop out however.

We ended up with a big squad with a handful of good players instead. His reserve/squad recruitment mirrored his overall - Serrant, Brady, Kelly, Robinson, Pinas, Gudjohnsson, Coppinger cost us over £2million and were complete duds.

Keegan fetched up with Huckerby a year before by comparison who was good enough .

Edited by Wolfcastle

Understand that by the end of 96-97 a lot of the main players in the squad were aging and Ginola had asked to leave in March but Dalglish actually did canny with Keegan's team in the second half of that season; only 2 defeats from January to the end of the season but he ripped the team apart anyway. Don't think I'll ever get it.

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Understand that by the end of 96-97 a lot of the main players in the squad were aging and Ginola had asked to leave in March but Dalglish actually did canny with Keegan's team in the second half of that season; only 2 defeats from January to the end of the season but he ripped the team apart anyway. Don't think I'll ever get it.

Well, can you see Dogleash being any form of analytical in his man management? :) 

44 minutes ago, James said:

Also brought in Hamann, Speed, Solano, Ketsbaia, Given, Dabizas, Griffin

Shearer injury was a kicker too

Not sure Ketsbaia's a good defence. Speed obviously was good buy but never played well under Dalglish to the point there were jeers

I know PLC gets correctly pointed at and there was obviously some pressure applied for non-football reasons, but the PLC didn't make him spend more than the £6m he got for Ferdinand on Andersson and Guivarch as attempted replacements. Or replace Ginola with Hamilton penny for penny.

He spent a fortune when you look at it for basically just over 1year.

Keegan sold players too. When we signed Ginola/Ferdinand/Barton/Hislop/Huckerby - we'd sold Fox/Cole/Venison/Nielson/Mathie/Sellars penny for penny the same year.

Edited by Wolfcastle