Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

1 hour ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Unbelievable how this knacker keeps getting work 

Its an admirable skill somehow. Totally s***house, but still boosts his millions every couple of years with minimal effort. If i could do that and only had to tolerate a bit of twitter/online abuse I probably would too

30 minutes ago, Nun tumblers said:

Nufc fans have been totally vindicated over that tub of whale spunk bruce.

Where's all the shit for brains pundits leaping to his defence now then.

Apparently we were deluded and the fat bastard was doing a good job at the toon.

We've been vindicated over every terrible manager since we've had since 1997....Robson, Benitez and to some extent Roeder and Hughton did good jobs

Dalglish....terrible spell at Celtic, and massively underwhelming Liverpool time

Gullit...never employed at the top level again for any length of time

Souness....never worked again as a manager

Allardyce...pretty much hated everywhere he's been since, and never lasts long

Kinnear...nothing to say

Pardew....1 good season despite him, abject failure everywhere since

McClaren...nice bloke, but job was clearly too big for him

Bruce...Loved by the media and Hull. Never considered for the best jobs despite his vast experience and tactical nous. Hated almost universally in the North East, Midlands, South Yorkshire

From BBC sport
#WBA Steve Bruce: “It’s not in my nature to surrender and go meekly. I know I’m not everybody’s cup of tea, especially the supporters, but given time I still think I can take this club where it wants to be”. 

And predictably here he goes turning on the fans. Textbook Bruce. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/oct/05/steve-bruce-west-brom

WEST BROM GONE SOUTH

The former Sheffield United, Huddersfield Town, Wigan Athletic, Crystal Palace, Birmingham City, Sunderland, Hull City, Aston Villa, Sheffield Wednesday and Newcastle United boss Steve Bruce is having a hard time of it at his current club West Bromwich Albion. Despite a glittering managerial career of skyscraping achievement, during which he’s nearly won the Second Division title on two separate occasions, and shipped a two-goal lead in the FA Cup final, poor Steve has sometimes had trouble convincing the masses of a talent that has repeatedly and deservedly earned him all these chances to shine. Such a shame, and it’s this unfortunate and inexplicable inability to connect with the people that has plunged him chin deep into a merry puddle yet again.

Bruce’s current problems stem from the fact that he’s only won eight of his 30 games since taking over at the Hawthorns from Valérien Ismaël earlier this year. West Brom have spent most of the 21st century on the mezzanine, along with other proverbial Premier League bad pennies such as Norwich, Watford and Sheffield United. But while those clubs are currently making a half-decent fist of getting back into the big time for another glamorous season in the sun – 15 home losses, a goal difference of minus 75, last slot on Match of the Day every week with the sole exception of the time they lose 7-0 at the Etihad, all that – Albion are flailing around near the bottom of the Championship table, having won just one of their 11 fixtures so far. In short, the Baggies are jiggered, and the natives are restless, no longer willing to afford Bruce any more time and space to weave his unique brand of managerial magic.

“Change is for other people to decide,” says Bruce, who may be in real trouble if his team somehow conspire to lose Wednesday’s fixture against Preston North End Nil. Desperate times call for desperate measures, and in lieu of a clear philosophy and/or coherent tactical plan, a rousing speech will have to do. “I’m convinced we’ll turn it round,” he yawned. “Let’s keep bashing away and see where we can go with it.” Stirring stuff from the big man, and if that doesn’t ensure the Baggies come away from Deepdale with at least a point, after playing their part in Preston’s sixth goalless draw in a dozen games, nothing will. But if the worst should happen, West Brom lose, and Bruce gets boing-boinged out on his ear, we’re pretty sure he’ll find another club to take him on soon enough. Why? The Fiver has absolutely no idea. But we’re pretty sure someone will.

Steve Bruce, West Bromwich Albion M:

"It’s not in my nature to surrender and go meekly. I know I’m not everybody’s cup of tea, especially the supporters, but given time I still think I can take this club where it wants to be." (October 2022).

Steve Bruce, Newcastle United M:

"I know I’m not going to be everybody’s cup of tea – I can understand that – but I will be doing the best I possibly can for the club. (September 2021).

"I'm not going to be everybody's cup of tea, but I will, with my experience, hope that I can keep the club just ticking along." (September 2021).

"I’m never going to be everybody’s cup of tea and I accept that, unfortunately. But that’s the way it is.” (May 2021).

"I'm not everybody's cup of tea. Judge me over time." (July 2019).

33 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Absolutely inexcusable for them to have selected Bruce in the first place. Someone should lose their job for that alone. 

It does baffle belief sometimes that the people who keep appointing him either don't see his glaringly weak record, or are too heavily influenced by media commentators who keep saying he's an 'excellent manager'.

Well stupidity does cost...and as Brucey would say in the words of John Hammond..."I don't blame people for their mistakes, but i do insist they pay for them"

4 minutes ago, Paully said:

Steve Bruce, West Bromwich Albion M:

"It’s not in my nature to surrender and go meekly. I know I’m not everybody’s cup of tea, especially the supporters, but given time I still think I can take this club where it wants to be." (October 2022).

"I know I’m not going to be everybody’s cup of tea – I can understand that – but I will be doing the best I possibly can for the club. (September 2021).

"I'm not going to be everybody's cup of tea, but I will, with my experience, hope that I can keep the club just ticking along." (September 2021).

"I’m never going to be everybody’s cup of tea and I accept that, unfortunately. But that’s the way it is.” (May 2021).

"I'm not everybody's cup of tea. Judge me over time." (July 2019).

I'll let him off when a cup of tea manages a team to victory over anyone down to U8 level. 

You can search back years and he uses the exact same rhetoric over and over, a proper broken record.

Not everyone's cup of tea, we got wah backsides kicked, dust worselves doon, since I walked through the door, batten down the hatches, take wor medicine, take it on the chin, roll our sleeves up, that's for sure.... Blah blah blah. Sadly, it clearly works on the thickos in the media who lap these soundbites up and present them as coming from a genuine hardworking decent bloke rather than an arrogant lazy horrid tub of shite.

2 hours ago, gjohnson said:

Its an admirable skill somehow. Totally s***house, but still boosts his millions every couple of years with minimal effort. If i could do that and only had to tolerate a bit of twitter/online abuse I probably would too

If I was getting that sort of cash in both salaries and pay offs, i'd give out my personal cellphone number and let the fans bombard me with abuse 24/7.

Don't think we'll see the last of him if he is sacked from WBA. There'll always be a dumb chairman around, ready to pick him up and regard it as a coup.

The least he will get is a job with one of the tv companies. Possibly with beIN in Qatar to be with hairy hands and Andy Gray and can get to Dubai easily. Probably can spout more utter shite with the 2 of them about us and the Saudis over there.

Sky would probably want him to spill some of his cup of tea about us or his other former clubs too but the cunt would insist to have his son to be next to him in the studio. 

Bottom line, he'll still be around for the money.

Edited by nufcjb

17 hours ago, Donut said:

6th in the league when he took over. What a useless idiot - I'm glad it's all gone to shit for him there so fast. It proves we were right all along, and hopefully some rival fans and even pundits will stop with the whole "toxic Newcastle fans are trying to smear his name" agenda. Fuck off.

Not only that but they sacked the last manager because he wasn't getting the most of their squad. Fulham came back up with ease and an average Bournemouth side under Parker won the other automatic. Forest basically got in the play offs and won them with a good run. It was the weakest Championship in years and it's similar this year.

5 hours ago, RS said:

From BBC sport
#WBA Steve Bruce: “It’s not in my nature to surrender and go meekly. I know I’m not everybody’s cup of tea, especially the supporters, but given time I still think I can take this club where it wants to be”. 

And predictably here he goes turning on the fans. Textbook Bruce. 

It's uncanny how he's hated by fans of every club he's ever managed (and that's a lot of them). Even just in the Midlands that's Villa, West Brom and Birmingham. He'll pitch up at Wolves next.