Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

And it started so positively:
Dexy

Administrator

WBA Manager

Re: Steve Bruce - Manager

« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2022, 09:15:42 PM »

Provided Bruce has some left in the tank after the Newcastle episode I think we'll be a good fit for each other .

Albion79

Reserve Baggie

Re: Steve Bruce - Manager

« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2022, 10:22:43 PM »

It may not be an exciting or interesting appointment that many fans would like (me included) but i think but its a sensible, safe and good appointment.

He has a decent track record, Newcastle fans watched them every week and so are entitled to their opinion but they are a deluded bunch amd never wanted him in the first place.

Really good save from Woodman. Just saw last 10 mins or so, but would be surprised if PNE kept ANOTHER clean sheet here. I'd be happy if this one ended a draw, so it would be one win in 12.

They're definitely turning the screw here, but then again they should - they'll have one of the better squads / teams in the league and should be right up there really (if they had a more competent manager).

Edited by Paullow

11 minutes ago, Paullow said:

I was watching the Chelsea match, but far more invested in this one as I was constantly checking score updates, so will tune in for the last 40 mins or so. They'll probably turn it around now.

I'm exactly the same. It's not healthy is it?[emoji38]

But I want to see him implode and have nowhere to hide from criticism probably more than anyone else still in football right now.

Our most disgraceful manager.

Just now, Abacus said:

I'm exactly the same. It's not healthy is it?[emoji38]

But I want to see him implode and have nowhere to hide from criticism probably more than anyone else still in football right now.

Our most disgraceful manager.

There may have been statistically worse managers for us than Bruce since the Premier League began (my time frame), but he has 100% left the worst impression on me out of all of them, by some distance as well. Awful.

With the end nigh I've been starting to feel like I'll miss this (like that last day of school before Xmas/Summer) and can see why some of us are okay with ceeding the odd result to him to elongate his demise but we can always invest in his replacement doing much better as a side order, so so be it

Edited by Wolfcastle

West Brom have definitely been playing better in the second half, but it's still hard to say how they are set up to play. No matter the result now, it's been a typical Bruce disorganised mess.

As things stand, even if they do equalise now they'd still be in the bottom 3.

15 minutes ago, Paullow said:

There may have been statistically worse managers for us than Bruce since the Premier League began (my time frame), but he has 100% left the worst impression on me out of all of them, by some distance as well. Awful.

My non-NUFC mates are shocked when I say he's my most disliked manager (they remember my distaste for Pardew vividly) but it's the whole package.

At least with Pardew there wasn't much debate you were getting a smarmy snake. With Bruce we got a smarmy, useless snake dressed in the facade of being 'one of us' (used loosely by myself as a southerner) and a top bloke because he'll give 'journalists' a soundbite over a pint or a bacon sarnie.

Absolute odious prick who wants to pretend to be anything but, yet whose mask slips all too easy. You know you're a top tier cunt when you make me feel bad for Lee Ryder. 

I think it was Hendrie before the games this evening was saying something along the lines of “who else could they bring in” the lengths pundits will go to protect Bruce is baffling. He’s taken a decent Championship team that with the right tweaks last season could have challenged for promotion to a relegation battle to avoid league one. He’s a joke

1 minute ago, Tisd09 said:

I think it was Hendrie before the games this evening was saying something along the lines of “who else could they bring in” the lengths pundits will go to protect Bruce is baffling. He’s taken a decent Championship team that with the right tweaks last season could have challenged for promotion to a relegation battle to avoid league one. He’s a joke

Amazing isnt it. West Brom are one of the bigger sides in the league and should be top 6 yet they've one win in twelve. But sure who could do better than that?

2 minutes ago, Decky said:

1 win in 12. :lol: :lol: :lol: 

7 wins in 37 games. 

At championship level 7 wins in 31 games.

The only debate should be whether this is a scandal or not, not whether he's good or not.

That's got to be it for the Cider Hag now surely.