Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

Without doubt the singular most depressing day of my football life, the 17th July 2019

Not so much the absolute & total resignation of apathy which enveloped my entire soul with his appointment, but the abject hopelessness I felt about ever feeling pride again in the club iv'e supported since 1971, the spectre of that complete oaf lumbering his way around my club, embarrassing everyone connected to it just ripped my insides out, I honestly didn't think I would ever get to feel good about NUFC ever again & yet here we are my heart bursting with pride every time I watch them run out, the unbridled joy every time I see Eddie Howe, Trippier, The Joes, Bruno, Isak, Gordon et al, Its a funny old game innit & Im forever grateful to the people in charge for giving me that hope again & never again having to worry about self promoting, self obsessed knackers like Bruce ever again polluting Newcastle United.

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is sick of their phone/radio and wants an excuse to launch it out of the window, Bruce is currently on Talksport 2 chatting to Simon Jordan.

Might be an old interview/podcast.

Edited by Elma

• 3 weeks later...

Steve Bruce hits out at Sean Longstaff. He told Gambling Zone: "Sean’s move to Man United was never close. He was insistent it was but I knew Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - it was never on the cards. "He's entitled to his opinion (about me). We had him almost five years ago, he was a lot younger then. Not everybody is going to like you. There were times when Sean needed to mature and he has done. He's proven to be a good player.” #NUFC

Worth remembering what working with Bruce and his team did to Longstaff mentally, this is about an incident about half way through Bruce's tenure:

"I keep a lot of things bottled up. I'm quite quiet in that way. Whether that's emotions…" he pauses. "I don't really like speaking to people about stuff, for whatever reason. I suppose everyone's different.

"It probably comes to a point for everyone when things can spill over, and eventually that did. But that needed to happen. I look back now, and that needed to happen, or else I would have just kept going in the spiral I was going. Nothing would have changed and, ultimately, there comes a point when you have to change, stuff has to start changing.

"We went for breakfast in Tynemouth and at the table we were speaking. I'd played the day before, but I hadn't been great. We spoke, but I couldn't eat my breakfast. I could feel myself welling up at the table. I can't remember what we were speaking about. It was just speaking. Eventually we left.

"I got upstairs in my house and spoke to my dad for ten minutes. I burst out crying. I was in a pretty bad way."

"My dad was there for us at that time. Sometimes you just need a big hug," he smiles. "It was probably the day which turned everything around for me.

"I'd say I'm always quite stubborn. But I knew that day when I spoke to my dad and Matty, it stripped everything back. They're the most honest people. It was just us in the room. My brother left and I spoke to my dad for ten minutes. That was as close to rock bottom as I've been.

"It was that day, actually, that Matt Ritchie – out of the blue – sent us a message and said, 'do this – you need to speak to him (the psychologist)'. I was able to build from that. It's just built, built, built over time. Little building blocks. Getting back in the squad for a game, getting back in the team – it's all been little building blocks."

Thank God we have the good and proper folk at the club now that embrace openness, supporting it and the gaffa wants to know how you are and provides a path to recovery if you aren’t in a good place with a great support infrastructure. Hopefully one that for different reasons sees us unleash Sandro back into the fray next season all the more stronger for it.

Reading that, I guess that's why Eddie has kept Ritchie at the club. Yes, he maybe past it and right now has to be used in the team but the suppprt he provides to others is utter class. You see him on the pitch after games when he was not playing and chatting with those who were and could see he was advising them. A genuine good bloke to have around the dressing room and club. Hope he stays around and joins the coaching staff if he feels he:s had enough of playing.

Anyways, fuck Bruce and proud of Sean for how he has turned it around.

Likewise for me, the appointment of Bruce was the worst day of my life. I had been dreading it since he was linked to us towards the end of SBRs tenure. I'm 80 in a few weeks so have witnessed a few disastrous appointments but Bruce was the worst of all. There is absolutely not one thing that I like about the man, he's just a failure in every way

17 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

Likewise for me, the appointment of Bruce was the worst day of my life. I had been dreading it since he was linked to us towards the end of SBRs tenure. I'm 80 in a few weeks so have witnessed a few disastrous appointments but Bruce was the worst of all. There is absolutely not one thing that I like about the man, he's just a failure in every way

This 

39 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

Indeed. Horrendous individual 

2 hours ago, Ronson333 said:

Steve Bruce hits out at Sean Longstaff. He told Gambling Zone: "Sean’s move to Man United was never close. He was insistent it was but I knew Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - it was never on the cards. "He's entitled to his opinion (about me). We had him almost five years ago, he was a lot younger then. Not everybody is going to like you. There were times when Sean needed to mature and he has done. He's proven to be a good player.” #NUFC

Time to bump the AI thread, iyam.

Bruce is Wallsend's most insufferable export, which is more of a feat than it sounds as it includes Sting ffs. I'd happily chip in for the creation of an effigy of him, to be permanently hung outside The Anson and laughed at by all who pass. 

Re Longstaff, Bruce's poor little ego can't handle not having the last word about something that reflects badly on him. You nearly ruined the kid's career with your arrogance and ineptitude man, show some humility for once in your life and shut the fuck up. Knob. 

Edited by Interpolic

Pretty sure Willock and Longstaff have both cited mental health problems when working under Bruce, while Wilson has mentioned Joelinton was a shell of himself. That's of course alongside everyone's fitness and performance levels falling off a cliff.

Sounds like he created a great working environment. 

53 minutes ago, Pilko said:

He was playing back threes with Schar on the bench, Clark and Krafth were in there ahead of him FFS :lol:

Fede and Lejeune weren’t good enough too! Utter cretin and by far my most hated manager ever! Hate the bellend!