Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

Bruce is worse than Pardew like. Pards is at least an overt southern smarmy twat whereas Bruce tries to hide behind the local lad stuff. Both love making excuses, talking themselves up and blaming everything other than themselves but Pardew didn't actively try to antagonize the fans and the press in the way that Bruce did. We at least got the unsustainable 5th place year, patches of decent footy and a European jaunt out of Pards whereas Bruce spent more than him and the footy was consistently worse.

Pardew is also a far better manager than Bruce (although still not good at all). It's comparing two really shitty characters but Brucey is by far the bottom of the barrel imo.

With Pardew I can reflect on the 2011/12 season as one which I loved and have brilliant memories of. Particularly the Ben Arfa-Cisse-Ba triumvirate and Tiote-Cabaye axis in midfield.

With Bruce I have nothing. I can’t even remember a 3 game period under him I vaguely enjoyed. The nice local lad bollocks was exactly that, a myth, mirage, pile of utter shite. He’ll always be a scenty bottle plastic Manc cunt.

Pardew was arguably more damaging off the pitch than on it. Imo no one did more to turn this fanbase into a bunch of - and I hate to use the word because it's generally shite, but - cucks watching on as Mike Ashley fucked it than Alan Pardew. He was an expert at selling failure as some kind of promised land.

The fact there are still people who don't think he was that bad, had his hands tied, and so on, shows how good he was at it and how unbelievably gullible a lot of our lot are. The bloke was a disease.

Another one for the Bruce worse than Pardew count.

Multiple reasons when I think about it. Bruce is far lazier, hides his c*ntliness with a nice guy alibi where Pardew is what he is, Pardew didn't shaft a club to come here and could even claim to be ignorant of Ashley's intentions whereas Bruce knew and was warned but wanted to slack off for good coin, Pardew wasn't backed by Ashley - Bruce was.

Then in fairness I have Big Sam worse than Pardew and Souness running him close.

Just now, Jonas said:

Another one for the Bruce worse than Pardew count.

Multiple reasons when I think about it. Bruce is far lazier, hides his c*ntliness with a nice guy alibi where Pardew is what he is, Pardew didn't shaft a club to come here and could even claim to be ignorant of Ashley's intentions whereas Bruce knew and was warned but wanted to slack off for good coin, Pardew wasn't backed by Ashley - Bruce was.

Then in fairness I have Big Sam worse than Pardew and Souness running him close.

He did however shaft Chris Hughton and he absolutely was backed by Ashley like (at least compared to Rafa and Hughton) - he had the best Ashley squad by quite some distance.

Pardew couldn’t claim to be ignorant like, everyone knew who Ashley was as soon as Keegan went and the season that followed. The way Ashley did Hughton in showed everyone that the only person Ashley wanted was a “yes man”. Pardew was that man his whole time here while being a two-faced shit. The man is a narcissistic crook. It just so happens that Bruce is of a similar ilk but somehow an even more pathetic specimen who I think is happy to sink to even greater lows for money and some limelight 

I hate Pardew, but hate Bruce more. I think a part of it was I was sucked in again by Benitez and thought him staying would have maybe shown Ashley was going to at least try.

When he replaced him with Bruce though, it was just the final bit of evidence needed to show we weren't bothered as a club, and Bruce was just a cunt from day one.

9 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

McClaren was shit and probably same level as Bruce, but I didn't hate him. Didn't seem a twat, just incompetent.

He at least tried to play a decent style of football too, it was just brittle and poorly implemented. Bruce was turgid as fuck constantly.

Even if Bruce was a half decent manager I’d still have wanted shot of him due to the lack of respect he had for the fan base and club as a whole.

Leant into negative stereotypes to defend himself at the slightest amount of criticism and then complained that no one liked him. 

Bruce is far, far worse than Pardz like.

Claims he's a Toon fan, a Geordie, a hard working pro, you name it, if it's positive, he's it. Yet he's a horrible, lazy, mercenary bastard and a filthy rich failure of a manager too.

3 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Pardew was arguably more damaging off the pitch than on it. Imo no one did more to turn this fanbase into a bunch of - and I hate to use the word because it's generally shite, but - cucks watching on as Mike Ashley fucked it than Alan Pardew. He was an expert at selling failure as some kind of promised land.

The fact there are still people who don't think he was that bad, had his hands tied, and so on, shows how good he was at it and how unbelievably gullible a lot of our lot are. The bloke was a disease.

Nailed it.

Bruce was more overtly unlikeable.

By the time Bruce was appointed though, the club was already a shell. Pardew played such a big part in the systematic lowering of expectations, giving credence to the idea it's OK not to compete, openly putting players up for sale, kissing Ashley's arse at any given opportunity. The list goes on. It was during his tenure I realised I'd lost my football club as I knew it and it was it wasn't coming back.

I find people giving him such an easy ride difficult to comprehend. The bloke is a 24 carat cunt.

8 hours ago, TK-421 said:

I'm sure he would like to think that, but the stats say otherwise.

image.thumb.png.bf361a1f8caf24658c76cf9524d1f34d.png

Those stats flatter him too. Maybe my brain has scrambled the memories. But at the time it felt like we had some incredible luck and Jammy wins. 

I agree with those that say Bruce is definitely worse than Pardew.

However, can't get on board with anyone trying to suggest Pardew wasn't that bad. He was, he just happens to be behind a bloke that was much worse. I think time is a bit of a healer in that sense and his time seems far away whereas Bruce's stench is still being seen.

And I'm probably about to contradict myself and give Pardew a bit of a pass, his slight redeeming qualities is that he hasn't slagged us off since and didn't use his media pals to create a false narrative around us.

Bruce was shit the way he joined us, whilst he was here and then since he left starting with that piece by Luke Edwards which created a media pile on making us out to be like some utter savages. 

I can't see time being a healer where Bruce is concerned, will forever remain a scumbag and if anything, the disdain for him grows with every podcast/interview he does.

Bruce came on some vanity trip with his sights set on some sort of local hero ambition, he left a money grabbing destructive influence that sold his "people" down the river for the benefit of "Mike" 

8 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Bruce was more overtly unlikeable.

By the time Bruce was appointed though, the club was already a shell. Pardew played such a big part in the systematic lowering of expectations, giving credence to the idea it's OK not to compete, openly putting players up for sale, kissing Ashley's arse at any given opportunity. The list goes on. It was during his tenure I realised I'd lost my football club as I knew it and it was it wasn't coming back.

I find people giving him such an easy ride difficult to comprehend. The bloke is a 24 carat cunt.

Fully agree. I think some may have softened because he’s been very complimentary about the fans and club and defended us in some situations (genuine or not).

Pardew was a cunt but never reached the same levels as Bruce amazingly. Bruce’s continued pathetic stance at every opportunity with anyone who will listen (I’d imagine with talksport this week but couldn’t give two fucks what he’s said) cements him as Uber cunt. Useless manager and utter wanker.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

It’s 50/50 for me. As someone else said, Pardew was the one who really made me fall out of love with the club. The bad decisions, excuses etc just built up over time and made me think fuck this. The 2011/12 season where we got 5th, we played some amazing football, but also rode our luck a lot. So many games (Fulham and Swansea are ringing a bell, might be wrong) where it actually made me believe in some sort of god the luck we were having. The end of that season and seasons after showed his true colours. Ashley did not help at all of course.

Bruce was terrible, but I’d already lost a lot of care for the club at the time, so I was nowhere near as invested.