Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

54 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

If any West Brom fans pop in here to have a browse, I’m so sorry you’ve now got this fraudster ruining your football club.

I'm not. Most of us were raging when Bruce was appointed at Newcastle, and we were proven right. WBA fans seem to think he's got some sort of pedigree, and are accepting his sleazy blame shifting to the players.

If you insist on being the thickest fans in football, then you deserve the shittest manager. Congratulations, enjoy your season.

26 minutes ago, Pixelphish said:

My fave part is the Copium that it's not Bruce's fault, it's the squad.

I don't really get it. What gets them thinking that the problem is the squad when they were 5th or 6th before Bruce took charge? Did they sell a few key players in January?

Just now, Conjo said:

I don't really get it. What gets them thinking that the problem is the squad when they were 5th or 6th before Bruce took charge? Did they sell a few key players in January?

Also, Steve Bruce has been in management for 23 years or something. What is it they've been watching to make them think he's good at it?

Darren Ambrose on talksport there backing the newcastle fans about Bruce said they’ve been proved right after everyone said it was eve poor players at fault and not Bruce. 

1 hour ago, Emotic said:

The most pathetic excuse, deployed primarily by people who know they haven't got any reasonable excuses left - "If we had won the match, or drawn it, we wouldn't have lost it.", in essence. Lazy management, lazy excuses, failing his way to the top and getting termination bonuses left, right and centre. It's a scam, is what it is.

Actually a scam is a really good way of  describing what he does. It’s fraud. 

14 minutes ago, Conjo said:

To be fair, in the 7 matches from 11th December to the end of January, they only won one of their 7 league matches (5 points), so weren't in great form, hence the sacking, and not many points clear of the teams behind them. That said, they are recently relegated, and had been in the top 5 all season up until the end of match 28, so they clearly have the players and ability to be up there, and they rolled the dice on wor Bruce, hoping he'd have an immediate bounce and get back to the results they had earlier in the season, but that's clearly not happened.

I can't see how / why he would stay beyond this season though. He's 61 now, generally hated by his last two clubs, or three if you include Sheff Wed (although that hatred was slightly different circumstances), and the game has definitely moved on. If they can't see him at the club in 2024 (and surely they don't, realistically), they surely have to get someone else in, younger, hungrier, with fresher ideas.

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

Darren Ambrose on talksport there backing the newcastle fans about Bruce said they’ve been proved right after everyone said it was eve poor players at fault and not Bruce. 

Good lad.  Although it's crazy it's even a discussion, obviously. 

Steve Bruce actually admits that he doesn't do much at all, he wears it like a badge of honour.  And we're meant to believe he's still somehow a good manager, in the complex modern game.

The biggest mistake people are making is thinking Bruce gives a shit.

He must have a very talented agent to keep getting him these massive pay days for doing absolutely fuck all.

There was a point in his managerial career when he realised he’d never be cut out for the Man Utd job and since then he’s been out to get as many redundancy cheques as he can, in some cases he actually picks up a wage for several months between them.

Rolls into the training ground at 11, if he does at all. And then inevitably when his team loses he’s got thick enough skin to stand in front of the media and blame everyone else but him.

This notion that he’s a great bloke.. he’s actually a fucking parasite with socially manipulative skills but it says more about how thick the people running most clubs are that people like him get to carry on like this.

In fairness to him, he plays the soundbite game like a fiddle. He knows the media and everyday fan won't pay proper attention so one minute he loves a club, then that club has too much pressure, then he's a big boy that doesn't let what people say get to him, then he's being bullied, then he's going to retire from the stress, then he can't wait to get back on the training ground at his new club.

The first paragraph of his managerial career on Wikipedia couldn't sum him up better, really. After less than a year at his first job he quit and 'contemplated leaving football for a job in television, but was persuaded by Huddersfield Town owner Barry Rubery to become the club's manager'. One attempt and he was going to pack it all in before some dipshit came running in with another easy payday for him.

Come to think of it, I blame this man's entire managerial career on this Barry Rubery prick.

22 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

The biggest mistake people are making is thinking Bruce gives a shit.

He must have a very talented agent to keep getting him these massive pay days for doing absolutely fuck all.

There was a point in his managerial career when he realised he’d never be cut out for the Man Utd job and since then he’s been out to get as many redundancy cheques as he can, in some cases he actually picks up a wage for several months between them.

Rolls into the training ground at 11, if he does at all. And then inevitably when his team loses he’s got thick enough skin to stand in front of the media and blame everyone else but him.

This notion that he’s a great bloke.. he’s actually a fucking parasite with socially manipulative skills but it says more about how thick the people running most clubs are that people like him get to carry on like this.

Must’ve been sometime since late November…

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-bruce-man-united-interim-22263692.amp

4 minutes ago, Rod said:

There was never a hope in hell that Man Utd were going to appoint Bruce.  That was all media crap and his son trying to sound relevant.

I know. I’m honestly not sure that Bruce knew as well though. 

57 minutes ago, Paullow said:

To be fair, in the 7 matches from 11th December to the end of January, they only won one of their 7 league matches (5 points), so weren't in great form, hence the sacking, and not many points clear of the teams behind them. That said, they are recently relegated, and had been in the top 5 all season up until the end of match 28, so they clearly have the players and ability to be up there, and they rolled the dice on wor Bruce, hoping he'd have an immediate bounce and get back to the results they had earlier in the season, but that's clearly not happened.

I can't see how / why he would stay beyond this season though. He's 61 now, generally hated by his last two clubs, or three if you include Sheff Wed (although that hatred was slightly different circumstances), and the game has definitely moved on. If they can't see him at the club in 2024 (and surely they don't, realistically), they surely have to get someone else in, younger, hungrier, with fresher ideas.

Hated by every club he's managed

3 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Hated by every club he's managed

Hull fans seemed to like him, and he did OK at Wigan, but yes, the vast majority didn't like him, and certainly the fans of the 3 most high profile jobs that he has had.

18 minutes ago, Paullow said:

This was Ambrose on Talksport:

All the sad cunts in the replies with the "but...but...Howe was given ONE HUNDRED MILLION to spend in January.". I can bet not one of them has watched a single Newcastle match this season to see the (major) improvements in individual players who were stagnating under Bruce.

Just now, Paullow said:

Hull fans seemed to like him, and he did OK at Wigan, but yes, the vast majority didn't like him, and certainly the fans of the 3 most high profile jobs that he has had.

Forgot he was at Hull.

Wigan was a total anomaly for him where he looked like a progressive manager with a decent eye for a player

1 minute ago, Emotic said:

All the sad cunts in the replies with the "but...but...Howe was given ONE HUNDRED MILLION to spend in January.". I can bet not one of them has watched a single Newcastle match this season to see the (major) improvements in individual players who were stagnating under Bruce.

whilst forgetting Bruce spunked the best part of £125m on players at us.

2 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

whilst forgetting Bruce spunked the best part of £125m on players at us.

Watching matches under Bruce was the most depressing boring football I've ever seen. Constantly setting up against every opponent like they were 2010 Barcelona was totally disheartening.

I look forward with amusement to see what the PFM brigade come out with to defend him now. 

1 minute ago, gjohnson said:

Watching matches under Bruce was the most depressing boring football I've ever seen. Constantly setting up against every opponent like they were 2010 Barcelona was totally disheartening.

I look forward with amusement to see what the PFM brigade come out with to defend him now. 

poor squad.

walked into a shitstorm.

needs time.

wait 'til he brings own players in.