Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

14 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

As someone who doesn’t live in Newcastle I’d love to hear more about this. I’ve always imagined Shearer to be a decent bloke - is he a bit of a shit?

My sister hates him [emoji38] Doesn't give a fuck about football but she was in a petrol station with my niece and he was in. She went oh look there's Shearer. He replied that's Mr Shearer to you. She was fucking livid [emoji38]

On 26/05/2022 at 19:25, jack j said:

Let's be honest there's plenty horror stories of people meeting Shearer over the years

‘My mate was working in Shearer’s house and he said ….Alan,can you have a look at this? You can call me Mr Shearer’.  
I wish I had a kwid for every time I’ve heard that story.

Similar to ‘A Mag at work said……’ on rtg..

38 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

‘My mate was working in Shearer’s house and he said ….Alan,can you have a look at this? You can call me Mr Shearer’.  

Hahaha true story

2 hours ago, tomlynnherrington said:

Alan Shearer had his kitchen refitted around once a month during his time with us. Lucky bastard....

2 hours ago, jack j said:

Hahaha true story

Another kwid to the total.

I never saw him refuse to sign an autograph when they trained at Chester Le Street.I’ve watched a few other players do their best to avoid signing autographs when they trained at Durham.Never a problem at Benwell.

Big Al was fucking class to have left me a bag full of random memorabilia (socks, signed photo, random umbro gear) after finding out I was a massive Toon fan when he was in Tampa back in like 2004-2006 time frame (can’t remember) and said to my dad’s friend “I’m not flying out till the evening, I’m happy to meet him in person if he can get here” — unfortunately i was not in Florida at the time. 

Mrs BB spent a summer working at the Diamond in Pont about a decade and a half ago - in terms of the NUFC players, she reckoned Shearer was nice enough if a little aloof.  Once made the barmaids a cup of tea behind the bar, which won browny points. 

According to her, Given was surprisingly lecherous and Owen was a massive, massive c*** to all and sundry.  She’s always amused to hear that the support hates Owen too

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Mrs BB spent a summer working at the Diamond in Pont about a decade and a half ago - in terms of the NUFC players, she reckoned Shearer was nice enough if a little aloof.  Once made the barmaids a cup of tea behind the bar, which won browny points. 

According to her, Given was surprisingly lecherous and Owen was a massive, massive c*** to all and sundry.  She’s always amused to hear that the support hates Owen too

I was in there a few times, for some reason Shearer was always more relaxed when Didi was there, just more chilled.

29 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

I know it goes with being the greatest living Englishman but it must be difficult popping in for a pint or two with people like us watching his every move and scrutinising everything he says 😀

Bad enough for random black lads these days never mind superstars

He's at it again

"I couldn't finish my managerial career on what happened at Newcastle.

"I'd taken too much stick - I was being ridiculed. And there's nothing worse. You can accept it if you have picked the wrong team. But I was being pulled to pieces because people were saying I couldn't take a warm-up - that I'd given the players too many days off.

"I knew what the team was doing on the pitch wasn't what Newcastle United fans wanted. And I know they were fed up. They wanted change.

"But I had a brief to keep the club in the Premier League. And we finished 12th and 13th in my two full seasons.

"I know we weren't entertaining or attractive to watch. I'll hold my hands up. We were pragmatic, defensive. I did what I had to do. Would the sale to the new owners have gone ahead if the club was in the Championship? I'm not so sure

[This is Neil Moxley writing himself: "Newcastle's loss could be the Baggies' gain."] He's the one that did the Robertson coach article the other week 

In October:

“I think this might be my last job,” said Bruce. “It’s not just about me; it’s taken its toll on my whole family because they are all Geordies and I can’t ignore that. 

“I can’t take her for granted, she has spent her whole life following me around from football club to football club and if I was to say to her tomorrow, I’ve been offered a job in China, or anywhere, she would say, 'Steve, is this right for you, do you want to do it?' And she’d back me again. 

“I’m 60 years old and I don’t know if I want to put her through it again. We’ve got a good life so, yeah, this will probably be me done as a manager - until I get a phone call from a chairman somewhere asking if I can give them a hand. Never say never, I’ve learnt that.”

2 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

He's at it again

"I couldn't finish my managerial career on what happened at Newcastle.

"I'd taken too much stick - I was being ridiculed. And there's nothing worse. You can accept it if you have picked the wrong team. But I was being pulled to pieces because people were saying I couldn't take a warm-up - that I'd given the players too many days off.

"I knew what the team was doing on the pitch wasn't what Newcastle United fans wanted. And I know they were fed up. They wanted change.

"But I had a brief to keep the club in the Premier League. And we finished 12th and 13th in my two full seasons.

"I know we weren't entertaining or attractive to watch. I'll hold my hands up. We were pragmatic, defensive. I did what I had to do. Would the sale to the new owners have gone ahead if the club was in the Championship? I'm not so sure

[This is Neil Moxley writing himself: "Newcastle's loss could be the Baggies' gain."] He's the one that did the Robertson coach article the other week 

Jesus. The way he just brushes over the fact that he left the club in such a state that it took heroics from Eddie to keep us up. It's as though he thinks no one watched what happened and he can just tell us a new 'truth'. Not only is he a managerial fraud, but an absolute liar too. Gutless sack of shit with zero moral compass.

57DE862C-26C5-44BF-A727-CB1626D0954F.jpeg.181f7af3f1b06f6215348b17b6281619.jpeg

Signs of a “Victim Narcissist”

Have To Be Right

Victim Card.        

Attention seeker  

Never Take Responsibility

Lack Empathy

a parasitical stain on world football

certainly not one of life’s pollinators.

Just trying to change the narrative from being useless to being bullied, it's his M.O.

Couldn't give a shit personally, if he really is a Geordie it's nice to know everyone hates him up here.