Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

3 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Simply just hate seeing this guy’s name. Absolute fraud of a football manager and a total petulant arsehole to boot. His predecessor and successor have a thousand times more dignity and class in their little fingers than Bruce ever has done. Should put the ‘wanting a Geordie manager’ myth to bed straight away, given how much this cunt was and still is despised and how revered a bloke from Buckinghamshire and a bloke from Madrid are.

Eddie being a southerner means we shouldn’t really like him,or so the press used to say.

16 hours ago, nbthree3 said:

There's more

“I was under no illusions whatsoever when I arrived at Newcastle,” he told FourFourTwo. “I was becoming part of an unpopular regime and knew I’d be associated with Mike Ashley from day one. And I was replacing Rafael Benitez, who was loved by the fans. 

"So I expected criticism and yes, some of it was justified. We weren’t pleasing on the eye a lot of the time and there were periods when we really struggled. But the ridicule and the mockery crossed a line. It did hurt me and it upset my family, too.

"After my first match, I was accused of throwing on a substitute and telling him to play where he wanted – then the next week, someone said I didn’t know how to properly warm up the team. I was even accused of giving the squad too much time off so I could go off on holiday! Criticism is one thing, but on occasions it got very personal and showed a basic lack of respect." 

One of the world's best emoters ever we've seen.

1 hour ago, RS said:

In a way you’ve got to admire the money he’s made from being so unsuccessful. The football equivalent of Eddie the eagle Edwards. 

Eddie knew his limitations and worked his nuts off to reach his goal.

Dung beetle doesn't and hasn't. Just keeps rolling the shitballs

18 hours ago, Manxst said:

“Bruce said: "Eddie’s had a lot more money to spend than I ever did….”

By my quick math's Bruce had £125m worth of players come in during his time (albeit over 2 and a half seasons) which he thinks is lower than £95m!   

48 minutes ago, MikeD said:

By my quick math's Bruce had £125m worth of players come in during his time (albeit over 2 and a half seasons) which he thinks is lower than £95m!   

Brucematics. Can imagine him and his lass sitting over a sharing platter at Hungry Hippo.

Tray full of chicken wing bones, the odd olive and Mrs Bruce's right hand pinned to the table by her fork. Mr Bruce's chins dripping with barbeque sauce

Edited by Groundhog63

Had a 3 hour drive away for work, made the mistake of listening to the Pod of the Tyne, absolutely infuriating listening to the rewriting of history and the defence of Bruce

Shearer is his mate so isn't going to criticise him but the rest of them didn't have the bollocks to counter what was said. That last interview with Luke was called out as a feeling sorry for Bruce as opposed to it showing Bruce out for the prick that he is, which caused the national media, pundits etc to slate our fans 

3 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Had a 3 hour drive away for work, made the mistake of listening to the Pod of the Tyne, absolutely infuriating listening to the rewriting of history and the defence of Bruce

Shearer is his mate so isn't going to criticise him but the rest of them didn't have the bollocks to counter what was said. That last interview with Luke was called out as a feeling sorry for Bruce as opposed to it showing Bruce out for the prick that he is, which caused the national media, pundits etc to slate our fans 

Preach Brother.

3 hours ago, MikeD said:

Probably thinking we've just signed a different Joelinton, as surely he can't be the same lad he had in his team, week after week?

Add to that the others already here who have improved under Howe... 'like new signings' so he's probably included their costs in Howe's spend too!

I have to question why Shearer counts bruce as a mate. What does he see as his likeable qualities?

He makes Alan look handsome on a night out?

His abject failure as a manager makes him an easy target at parties?

Alan admires his style of renting out properties?

That he can do little to no research on a bruce managed team as the "tactics", sound bytes, excuses and results will be the same as at his previous clubs?

That never mind ashley, but bruce himself was a massive reason that Newcastle were an absolute joke?

That bruce would often have a dig at the fans?

That he claims to be a Newcastle fan, even when it's blatantly obvious that he's not?

That he was instrumental in destroying our hopes for this season before the takeover?

That he loves that a piss poor "manager" was absolutely set on taking his club for a ride?

Something a little more sinister?

If my supposed friend did what bruce did to my club, he would no longer be my friend.

So what does Wor Al see in this piss taking fat failure? I'd love to see a journalist question him directly on that.

Edited by Stal

Have often wondered that. Bruce seems a genuinely horrible person and is no good at his profession.

Weird person for Shearer to want to hang around with, much less defend in public. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

I met Bruce when he was mackem boss and he was a canny bloke. Perhaps his inability to advance with the changes in coaching style has tainted his personality. 

6 minutes ago, Dancing Brave said:

I doubt any of his tenants think he's a lovely person.

That's true, I forgot about that. But unfortunately I think that kind of behaviour is pretty normalised n the former-football community (/most communities with that level of wealth) and won't really get you judged if you're personable. 

Edited by Inferior Acuña

9 hours ago, RS said:

I met Bruce when he was mackem boss and he was a canny bloke. Perhaps his inability to advance with the changes in coaching style has tainted his personality. 

I met him at a Sunderland talkin and he was fine but he detested Ashley, absolutely hated the bloke, to then take his money a few years later and actively protect and defend him tells you everything about Bruce's character.