Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I still find him so funny like, as unlikeable as he is. 

The SSN presenter reading out the things people called him and handing us the ammo was comedy gold. :lol:

‘Tactically inept cabbage head’ is hard to beat. 

He comes out with that stuff presumably knowing that anyone not in the know will take his word for it, but he's been at so many clubs now where he's tried to pull the same shit that he's probably running out of a captive audience.

The bloke's probably done more for Sheff United/Wednesday, Geordie/Mackem and Villa/Birmingham/West Brom relations than anyone because we can all probably agree that he's an inept, bone-idle, talentless bullshitter with a victim complex. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

3 minutes ago, Nine said:

Since Bruce likes to bring up Rafa so much here’s a good comparison between the two - has Rafa even brought up how he was treated by Everton’s fans?

Just a bit but he mentioned us too! http://www.rafabenitez.com/web/in/news/rafa-bentez-in-as/3993 It's a good read in full actually

"You have to analyse things in context. I was at Newcastle United, where we had a project, got the team promoted as winners of the Championship, which is very tough, and did so with a 30-million budget excess. Yet there was no investment in the team. Arab investment was close, but it wasn’t materialising. You’re waiting, and then you get the offer of a project in China. People didn’t understand why I said yes to a project in China, but there they gave us free rein to organise how everything was done, from the youth teams up. We had 15 Spanish coaches. A structure was created there. But Chinese football is what it is and covid changed things a lot. That’s why we returned here. We were waiting for a project that would allow us to compete. We came close to returning to Newcastle, and then Everton emerged with an ambitious project, with a plan for continued investment and the creation of a structure that would enable the club to compete with the top teams..."

"Unfortunately, when we arrived, they had already spent a lot of money and the Premier League’s financial-fair-play rules didn’t allow us to spend any more. We spent just two million euros on five players. Even still, we worked with what we had, brought Anthony Gordon through from the youth set-up, got good performances from Demarai Gray, from Andros Townsend, who beforehand almost had the look of a player coming to the end of his career… We got performances out of the team, but we began to suffer injuries and bad luck. One lad dropped a piece of furniture on his toe and the four players who made up the spine of the team got injured. Things started to get tricky at that point…".

"Joining Everton, a club that’s in your city, where you have lots of friends who are supporters, where you’re signing up for a project you think can grow and be competitive, was a decision that had plenty of logic to it. Given what the scenario was at that time, at least. But then things became difficult and the feeling seemed to be that I had made a mistake. But I don’t see it that way. In that moment, Everton were the competitive club that offered me a chance. We believed it was going to work out. Then things turned out they way they did. But when we left we were six points off 10th, with two games in hand, and six points clear of the relegation zone. It wasn’t a position that matched initial expectations, but it was in line with the investment there’d been and the injuries we’d had. At that point, you can talk about having patience and keeping the faith, but people get twitchy, social media has an influence and a decision was made. After we left the club, Everton made five new signings, had a full complement of available players once more and brought in a new coach, who also has to take responsibility. We did well to begin with, but then we lacked a little bit of luck and didn’t have the time to keep on working and making adjustments. We have the experience of having managed it in other places, where in time we’ve improved the structure, such as at Napoli.

41 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

After my first match, I was accused of throwing on a substitute and telling him to play where he wanted – then the next week, someone said I didn’t know how to properly warm up the team. I was even accused of giving the squad too much time off so I could go off on holiday!

All of these are true though :lol:

33 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

In the last paragraph he’s pointed out criticism but never said it was incorrect.

The last paragraph was all true, we saw with our own eyes a few months earlier how a proper manager sets up his team, it was like watching Ronnie O'Sullivan play snooker and then handing over to a fat tramp with a broom handle, the fact he gives not one fan a slice of credit for having an ounce of football knowledge is a window into his character. 

44 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

"After my first match, I was accused of throwing on a substitute and telling him to play where he wanted – then the next week, someone said I didn’t know how to properly warm up the team. I was even accused of giving the squad too much time off so I could go off on holiday! Criticism is one thing, but on occasions it got very personal and showed a basic lack of respect." 

Accused?! :lol: He was pictured on a Jet2 to Portugal a few weeks into the season! Fat mess.

2 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Accused?! :lol: He was pictured on a Jet2 to Portugal a few weeks into the season! Fat mess.

Hence the famous (at the time) quotes:

‘Let me tell you. There is nothing more [that could have been done] in preparation. What was I supposed to do? We had six of them away.’

https://www.themag.co.uk/2021/10/steve-bruce-shamed-into-not-going-on-holiday-again-first-positive-of-newcastles-season-newcastle-united/

Here's the warm-up one 

But he came out fighting on Friday, and took aim for Chopra in particular.

'I'm not taking notice of someone who's played 20 games and scored one goal here,' said Bruce.

'Someone with a bit of credence, I can understand. When it's complete lies, that's when its disappointing.

'I would expect him to be ignored. Who is he? It's absolute lies and we all know why he's on the radio. Newcastle legend who played 20 times for the club… Jesus. If it's Alan Shearer ? Bring it on.

'I'm just surprised that people pay any attention to him.'

Defender Paul Dummett then revealed that he sensed something was not right in the warm-up at Carrow Road, although Bruce insists this was nothing to do with his coaching staff.

Of Dummett's comments, Bruce said: 'My concern was we didn't perform well enough, full stop. If the warm-up isn't right, then come on - are we really going to analyse a warm-up? If we are, then we are in serious trouble. We can all warm-up badly can't we?

'The lads - Steve Agnew and Steve Clemence - have been taking warm-ups for 20 years. If we can't take a warm-up… this just shows what we're up against.'

It was pointed out to Bruce that the concerns raised were nothing to do with the mechanics of the warm-up, more that Dummett had suggested there was a mentality issue among the team before a ball had been kicked.

7 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Here's the warm-up one 

But he came out fighting on Friday, and took aim for Chopra in particular.

'I'm not taking notice of someone who's played 20 games and scored one goal here,' said Bruce.

'Someone with a bit of credence, I can understand. When it's complete lies, that's when its disappointing.

'I would expect him to be ignored. Who is he? It's absolute lies and we all know why he's on the radio. Newcastle legend who played 20 times for the club… Jesus. If it's Alan Shearer ? Bring it on.

'I'm just surprised that people pay any attention to him.'

Defender Paul Dummett then revealed that he sensed something was not right in the warm-up at Carrow Road, although Bruce insists this was nothing to do with his coaching staff.

Of Dummett's comments, Bruce said: 'My concern was we didn't perform well enough, full stop. If the warm-up isn't right, then come on - are we really going to analyse a warm-up? If we are, then we are in serious trouble. We can all warm-up badly can't we?

'The lads - Steve Agnew and Steve Clemence - have been taking warm-ups for 20 years. If we can't take a warm-up… this just shows what we're up against.'

It was pointed out to Bruce that the concerns raised were nothing to do with the mechanics of the warm-up, more that Dummett had suggested there was a mentality issue among the team before a ball had been kicked.

'If it's Alan Shearer, bring it on'.

He says, knowing that's NEVER going to happen.

I'm so pleased he'll never have anything to do with the football club again.

Someone needs to create a website of Bruceism's as a formal record of his utter utter bullshit as a warning to whoever's doorstep he graces next as he goes on his UK wide tour ripping the arse out of football club's finances through his sheer ineptitude.

Cunt.

Just now, LV said:

I can’t get over the brass neck of this guy doing a sob story piece to our local media.

I’m sickened to my core. 

Or the Chronicle running it!!!

After the shit he gave the window licker for having the gonads to ask him about fucking off on his 18th golf trip of the year.

The local press should've told him to fuck off tbh!

At least have the dignity to keep your trap shut and your head down.

Eddie Howe has made him look like the utter fraud that we all knew he was and he pipes up with this shite. 

Unreal. 

1 hour ago, Manxst said:

First line: “Bruce said: "Eddie’s had a lot more money to spend than I ever did….”

Just fuck off: “I just hope that, a few years down the line, some of those supporters who never wanted me will look back at my time in charge and say ‘under the circumstances, Brucey didn’t do too bad a job after all’.”

Nah that's not going to happen. You fat fucking fraud.

1 hour ago, nbthree3 said:

There's more

“I was under no illusions whatsoever when I arrived at Newcastle,” he told FourFourTwo. “I was becoming part of an unpopular regime and knew I’d be associated with Mike Ashley from day one. And I was replacing Rafael Benitez, who was loved by the fans. 

Criticism is one thing, but on occasions it got very personal and showed a basic lack of respect." 

Got that nearly right, you fat cunt. Try absolutely NO fucking respect.

Guest reefatoon

Just concentrate on your own job at hand you bloated rancid cunt and stop mentioning us. 

“I just hope that, a few years down the line, some of those supporters who never wanted me will look back at my time in charge and say ‘under the circumstances, Brucey didn’t do too bad a job after all’.”

Can happily confirm that I will never say that. Fucking fat mess.