Brentford 0 - 2 Newcastle United (26/02/2022)

BlueStar

Just now, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Anyone else brought back down to earth when Captain Calamity came on? :lol: I'm so impressed by the Schär-Burn partnership, it feels like we've turned a corner. Seeing Lascelles again was like looking back to the turgid past.

Didn't put a foot wrong when he came on, so no, not really. 

What an organised performance. We didn't get greedy and managed the game very well. You can clearly see what Bruno brings to the team as he is totally different to what we have. Imo he will become better when he has a striker who can get onto his through balls.

Targett and Joelinton were fantastic today. 

What a different side we look.

2 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Fantastic 3 points. 2 points ahead of Brentford with 2 games in hand seems mental. They were miles ahead of us at Christmas. Howe has been absolutely brilliant, even though they were down to ten men after 10 minutes I still divnt think we'd have won under the cabbage

Bruce would've had us playing for a 0-0 draw if the circumstances had been the same. Nailed on. And we all know it. 

2 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

Annoyingly though our form will be because of the money and not Eddie, when the gulf in class and ability between our previous manager and our present one, is clear for even a blind man to see.

This. Most went for Bruno (who has barely played) and Wood (who hasn't scored). Four points on the road without ASM, Trippier, and Wilson.

Howe making a claim for manager of the season.

Just now, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

I know he didn't, but like with cheeseslice, I always worry he's capable of doing so.

He played really well against Everton before he got ill, so I've got confidence he can do a job under Howe and improve his performances same as so many other players have :) 

1 minute ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Anyone else brought back down to earth when Captain Calamity came on? :lol: I'm so impressed by the Schär-Burn partnership, it feels like we've turned a corner. Seeing Lascelles again was like looking back to the turgid past.

He gets a lot of hate on here but he's always given his best and has been decent for spells (particularly under Rafa). He's only still here because of Ashley not investing not his fault at all. Will get a good reception from me when he does eventually come back with a different club 

3 minutes ago, Dancing Brave said:

Our best run in the Premier League for 11 seasons :indi:

Still find that so weird to see, but well deserved, and considering this team is nowhere near as good as the one 11 years ago, even more impressive.

Man that was a massive win. Absolutely cracking result. It the takeover hadn’t went through we would have been rock bottom with probably seasons ahead of us in the championship. 

And here we are currently 14th in the table and only behind Liverpool in the current form table. 
The city is buzzing again and the love for the club is almost at Keegan era levels. Feels fucking magnificent. 

Just now, RS said:

Man that was a massive win. Absolutely cracking result. It the takeover hadn’t went through we would have been rock bottom with probably seasons ahead of us in the championship. 

And here we are currently 14th in the table and only behind Liverpool in the current form table. 
The city is buzzing again and the love for the club is almost at Keegan era levels. Feels fucking magnificent. 

It does feel a bit like that again.

24 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

The red card was the perfect start for us but was impressed with how we totally dominated the game. Didn’t look in any doubt whatsoever.

This is spot on. Imagine the same game but with Bruce on the sideline. We would probably still have taken the lead but the last 40 minutes would be nervous, pathetic all out defensive cowardice.

Fuck that fat jammy cunt.

Funniest thing for me today were those co-commentators taking turns to go on long soliloquys about how amazing a footballer Eriksen was, all the while we were comfortably passing the ball around and Brentford wasn't seeing any of the ball at all. :lol: