Chelsea 1 - 0 Newcastle United (13/03/2022)

Mike

Could’ve been but had to write my day off and head to the Geordie pub The Dolphin at KX. Lad happened to could identify he reckoned - no mention of Celtic and he’s of that stock. Likely sold to innocent fans after a ticket. There were 10 in total he had in hand for various friends.

14 minutes ago, Darth Crooks said:

Could’ve been but had to write my day off and head to the Geordie pub The Dolphin at KX. Lad happened to could identify he reckoned - no mention of Celtic and he’s of that stock. Likely sold to innocent fans after a ticket. There were 10 in total he had in hand for various friends.

This popped up on twitter earlier, obviously not much help now. 

Someone on Reddit made a point about the clear and obvious error part of it that hadn't occurred to me and makes the lack of VAR intervention even worse.

The fact he’s given a corner means it IS a clear and obvious error as you can infer the referee thinks Chalobah played the ball. If he gave a goal kick then VAR could just about claim no obvious error because it implies the referee saw the incident clearly.

1 hour ago, Darth Crooks said:

To the cunt who stole my ticket from a good pal on the tube amongst half a dozen others and sold them on. You are the scum of the fucking earth.

what the fuck? 

1 hour ago, ManDoon said:

He’s on the wind up for sure but i would check the FB account 

They are different people with the same name. Twitter Lewis is nowt to do with it, other than shit craic online.

There’s a lot on about it on the NUFC ticket group on FB. ‘Apparently’ FB Lewis didn’t steal the tickets, but did have a shed load himself to sell.

Although he didn’t sell them all, arranged to meet at least four fans and never showed up - so they traveled for nowt.

Either way he’s a complete clown.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

2 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

What a mess this sounds like.

Only going to get worse the better we get and more demand for tickets.

Pathetic arranging to meet people only to let them down. Some have travelled the length of the country on the back of your promise of a ticket.

He’s claiming he was outside the ground until 1.50pm, but plenty showing they were contacting him from 1.10pm and he ignored them. 

Edited by Fantail Breeze

Buying and selling tickets online, particularly through Twitter, is a nightmare, like. It's full of time wasters and scammers. You've got to be very careful.

I put my Southampton tickets on there as I couldn't make the rearranged fixture, explicitly saying meet outside SJP before Brighton as I don't trust people to send money via Paypal. Within minutes I had four DMs asking if I had Everton tickets (wut) and another five asking me to post them, two of who asked if I'd wait until they got paid to send the cash. 

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Buying and selling tickets online, particularly through Twitter, is a nightmare, like. It's full of time wasters and scammers. You've got to be very careful.

I put my Southampton tickets on there as I couldn't make the rearranged fixture, explicitly saying meet outside SJP before Brighton as I don't trust people to send money via Paypal. Within minutes I had four DMs asking if I had Everton tickets (wut) and another five asking me to post them, two of who asked if I'd wait until they got paid to send the cash. 

Jesus.

You do know you could've returned the tickets to the club? 

2 hours ago, Awaymag said:

Hope Chelsea are sold to a guy that just sells all the players and then sells to the ground for real estate!

Also I hope our owners go big in the summer.   Im sick of this 'big 6' shit - time NUFC gatecrashed and kick one of them out.  Preferably Chelsea or Spurs!

Would love it if Ashley buy them on the cheap! He would tear them apart in a single season.

Bit late to the chat but I think I'd feel a bit hard done by if one of our players got sent off for that elbow. It's very painful and a bit clumsy but not wildly out of place within that situation, and his eyes are on the ball. 

The penalty decision is utterly mindblowing. The VAR room absolutely has to be mic'd up from next season. As long as there is this constant shielding of any accountability, I fail to see how things are going to improve to a sufficient extent. Between that and the Fraser one vs Man City, we've been on the wrong end of two truly staggering decisions. 

Goal was sensational. Didn't see a mistake in the backline; if anything it was the lack of press on Jorginho, but I guess we put that down to tired legs. Just a great goal though imo. 

9 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Bit late to the chat but I think I'd feel a bit hard done by if one of our players got sent off for that elbow. It's very painful and a bit clumsy but not wildly out of place within that situation, and his eyes are on the ball. 

The penalty decision is utterly mindblowing. The VAR room absolutely has to be mic'd up from next season. As long as there is this constant shielding of any accountability, I fail to see how things are going to improve to a sufficient extent. Between that and the Fraser one vs Man City, we've been on the wrong end of two truly staggering decisions. 

Goal was sensational. Didn't see a mistake in the backline; if anything it was the lack of press on Jorginho, but I guess we put that down to tired legs. Just a great goal though imo. 

Totally disagree imo it was a disgusting and dangerous challenge and he was lucky not to have a broken cheekbone.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

It's a 1-2 blow that changes the fortunes of the game drastically. 

If Burn does that on Havertz I think he goes. That said, aye, a yellow is about tolerable.

The problem I have is, after that you think 'aye ok, they've won the coin toss there, but the next one is surely ours'. And it comes, and we don't get it. Not only do we not get it, but the thing isn't even flagged by the video assistant referee. The official on the pitch was awful, he's been awful for us before, he'll be awful again. I can also acknowledge that where he's stood it's probably very hard to see with bodies in the way, a ball to watch, and a possible corner/goalkick situation. Therefore I can forgive him.

Who I can't forgive is the VAR. It's not a corner because Murphy touches it last - that's error one. He then doesn't even flag it to the ref so he can see it from a different view to make his own decision - error two. Then about two minutes later Werner runs offside and is tripped and he suddenly someone puts 20p in the VAR machine and we're having a check. I'm not here for conspiracies about big teams and all that, but what chance have teams in our boat got when you go away to Stamford Bridge and have two game defining decisions go against you? 

I'm also not buying the 'well that would have made it 1-1' because we would have defended far differently at 1-0 than 0-0. It's just beggars belief how hard it is for these guys to do the job even reasonably well. 

22 minutes ago, Thiago said:

It's a 1-2 blow that changes the fortunes of the game drastically. 

If Burn does that on Havertz I think he goes. That said, aye, a yellow is about tolerable.

The problem I have is, after that you think 'aye ok, they've won the coin toss there, but the next one is surely ours'. And it comes, and we don't get it. Not only do we not get it, but the thing isn't even flagged by the video assistant referee. The official on the pitch was awful, he's been awful for us before, he'll be awful again. I can also acknowledge that where he's stood it's probably very hard to see with bodies in the way, a ball to watch, and a possible corner/goalkick situation. Therefore I can forgive him.

Who I can't forgive is the VAR. It's not a corner because Murphy touches it last - that's error one. He then doesn't even flag it to the ref so he can see it from a different view to make his own decision - error two. Then about two minutes later Werner runs offside and is tripped and he suddenly someone puts 20p in the VAR machine and we're having a check. I'm not here for conspiracies about big teams and all that, but what chance have teams in our boat got when you go away to Stamford Bridge and have two game defining decisions go against you? 

I'm also not buying the 'well that would have made it 1-1' because we would have defended far differently at 1-0 than 0-0. It's just beggars belief how hard it is for these guys to do the job even reasonably well. 

It’s called corruption. The PL is rotten to the core. 

We were excellent. Our high press was brilliant and upset their rhythm. Tuchel is a genius and yet Howe matched him toe-to-toe with a far worse side. This wasn’t one of those games we occasionally have against a big club where we just hang on in there and tried to nick something. We barely gave them a sniff (a side like that will always eventually create some chances no matter who they play) and still had a threat ourselves. Excited more by this game than any of the last 10.

Rather than mic'ing up the VAR room and dragging out the officiating process any more I'd far rather they just get rid of it.

I can accept referees making human errors in a split second like they have done forever, but if you're going to go down the rabbit hole of VAR it really has to be robotically perfect. And it clearly never will be. 

Edited by ponsaelius

7 hours ago, Yorkie said:

I agree about the goal. That extra touch of class was the difference between the sides. 

I’m not sure why Dubs made himself so small for the goal, his arms were tight against his body. Perhaps it helped keep him upright but he could have made himself wider.

I’m not saying he should have saved it but he might want to look at it.