sunderland

Big River

They aren’t even relevant anymore really, we have much bigger fish to fry than being dragged down to their level like we were at times under Ashley. Would have snapped your hand off at start of season if we got takeover and they got promoted .

Edited by Geogaddi

Momentum is a big thing for lower league sides when they get promoted to the Championship, they finished the season well and could easily finish mid-table. Maybe, with a large investment in the squad, they could get another promotion within 5 years. I think that's honestly as good as they can hope for - PL by about 2028ish

Well done them. Let them have their day! They’re still a division below us and we’re about to be one of the biggest clubs in the land. 

If they thought 1992-2007 was bad…it’s going to get a lot worse.

14 minutes ago, FinnMag said:

How are their finances these days, do they have chance to survive in championship?

Even if they have the funds they’re going to be stuck a few years at that level. They should aspire to get to around Boros model and be happy.

42 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Even if they have the funds they’re going to be stuck a few years at that level. They should aspire to get to around Boros model and be happy.

Image where we could be in a few years in comparison though :sweetjesus:

3 hours ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Good for them ?

The PL would be a better, more entertaining league, with Middlesbrough and Sunderland back in it. Much rather them make a comeback than seeing Burnley, Brentford, Norwich, Watford etc all the time.

Ah yes, Brentford, famously known for being in the PL all the time rather than this season being their first in the English top division in 74 years :lol: 

well done Sunderland for getting into the championship.  Personally, it makes no odds to me.......if they want to shout FTM, join the queue with the Everton fans and Villa fans.   The louder they shout, the more it means they are worried about NUFC.

Mate says it’s moving again now.

4 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Also can someone tag me when RTG posts that it was some “mag bastard”  who caused the train to stop.

Someone replied asking what train it is, to which the response is “8pm to the shit tip” again forgetting their less-than-half-full Portuguese knock off is actually built on a former pit.

I actually think Ashley might look to try and pick them up cheaply.

Their stadium and training ground is a step up from most Championship teams, but a noose around their neck in League One.

He might think he could get them on the cheap and be able to mastermind his way into the Premier League by buying the right players (which he won’t do), much like what he hoped to do with Derby.

Four attempts [emoji38]

Four years down there :lol:

That's why I can't get too annoyed at the promotion.... let's just be grateful for the incredible comedy they keep providing.

Four attempts, man :2funny: