sunderland

Big River

5 minutes ago, gdm said:

All 3 teams that go down should take up 3 of the top 6 places tbh 

Watford and Norwich likely having a better season.

Amad/Michut probably not returning.

Better players getting sold, being replaced by younger players with potential due to their recruitment policy.

Think they will be stuck on a roundabout for awhile imo.

Had to go up this season as it'll be much tougher for them next. Yes they'd have gone straight back down again but if they were careful with their income plus the PP the year after they'd have been in a much brighter position to build from the 24/25 season onwards.

25 minutes ago, Beth said:

Had to go up this season as it'll be much tougher for them next.

Aye. This was their shot. At least for the next couple seasons anyway. With none of the three that came up going back down, it's going to be a strong 3 relegated whoever it ends up being. Southampton have a few high potential youngsters who will either storm the league, or (with their outgoing) provide them with a budget way beyond anyone else. Leicester will have the Maddison and Barnes money to spend, and even before replacing those 2 they'd have one of the strongest squads in the Championship. Leeds and Everton would also both be fine, though with Everton I guess there is the actual existential threat to their actual existence should they go down, if you believe some of the reporting. 

34 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Aye. This was their shot. At least for the next couple seasons anyway. With none of the three that came up going back down, it's going to be a strong 3 relegated whoever it ends up being. Southampton have a few high potential youngsters who will either storm the league, or (with their outgoing) provide them with a budget way beyond anyone else. Leicester will have the Maddison and Barnes money to spend, and even before replacing those 2 they'd have one of the strongest squads in the Championship. Leeds and Everton would also both be fine, though with Everton I guess there is the actual existential threat to their actual existence should they go down, if you believe some of the reporting. 

Plus Plymouth to contend with.  (Wishful thinking as I have a soft spot for them)

7 hours ago, joeyt said:

They've had a very good season despite the loss last night but people are right that they are unlikely to have the quality of a Diallo again next season.

Their owners have a model of investing in young players playing good football which is completely different to Sunderland teams of the past. However you do wonder if it's sustainable and if expectations have risen too much too quickly as I can't see the fans being happy if they don't get playoffs again next season

Their expectations will be play-off's minimum and likely all hell will break loose if they languish in mid table.

30 minutes ago, magvicar said:

Their expectations will be play-off's minimum and likely all hell will break loose if they languish in mid table.

I think they’ll end up in the bottom 7 all season struggling. If Mowbray is sacked and replaced the new manager mentioned is likely to know jack shit about life in the ‘champo’ It could be a fucking shambles….hopefully.