sunderland in the EFL

Big River

33 minutes ago, madras said:

What do you mean by "high quality' ? Chapel Park, Kingston Park are hardly slums 

Both Chapel Park and Kingston Park are good neighbourhoods with decent housing stock. Desirable areas. I wouldn't really describe them as prestigious, though. 

Just now, TomYam said:

Both Chapel Park and Kingston Park are good neighbourhoods with decent housing stock. Desirable areas. I wouldn't really describe them as prestigious, though. 

Not many cities don't have a mix of "prestigious" and other though.

If you look at Indices of Multiple Deprivation (IMD) for the former CCG areas (2019), public access online, Sunderland is 27th most deprived area  (from 191). For comparison, the only ‘more deprived’ North East areas are South Tees at 26th. South Tyneside, 21st. Durham Dales, Easington & Sedgefield 19th. 

Some other notable areas with high deprivation in the North, include: Blackpool 2nd, Manchester 3rd, Liverpool 6th, and Salford 16th.

Other North East areas with less deprivation than the above are Newcastle Gateshead at 55th, Hartlepool Stockton at 64th, Darlington at 76th, North Durham at 88th, North Tyneside 91st, and Northumberland the least deprived at 93rd (though still only creeping towards the top half of England as a whole). 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

They’re absolutely tapped. You’re telling me PIF would have taken over Sunderland, promised to challenge for cl and trophies and to be a world power, would have put hundreds of millions into players, facilities etc, finally given them relevance on a national scale, literally everything they dream of, would have stuck it to the Mags, and that Sunderland fans would have said “aye not for us marra wuh too classy for that”. 

So they’d have protested, boycotted, and revolted against PIF to get them out because their morals aren’t for sale marra. They’d have exactly the same debate we’ve had which is “may not like the owners but they’re doing good for the club and city, and you can’t choose your owners”. They think they’re some special class of fan. Of course all their hypothetical rhetoric is just that because none of the stuff they fantasise about will ever happen. 

You only have to remember how they went on when they thought they had the faintest whiff of a cash injection from Dell. The delusion and arrogance clicked into overdrive, the graphs got produced, t-shirt got printed, the lot. You're seriously trying to tell me any of them would have rejected any Saudi cash on offer? Would have wolfed it down like a tramp with free chips

They wanted to be the next Man City like almost every fan did.

Their rivals ended up being the next Man City.

So now. with child-like convenience, they denounce the entire concept of course.

Jordan Henderson is a Sunderland fan and unlike the rest doesn't want for anything and not only couldn't say no, but couldn't do enough for that cash that were lead to believe average deadbeat punters in the roker end would turn down from a guy that went full kit wanker when his club won their first derby for 10years and built a white elephant stadium consigning them to a supply outweighing demand scenario just so he could have more seats than Newcastle like he's not just some bitter fuckwit.

Edited by Jonas

Even Man U fans were 90% in favour of it and at the time of that poll they'd just come off 27 years of almost continuous success.

If PIF came along and promised Sunderland untold millions, CL football and more importantly a chance to permanently leave the mags for dust in their wake, they'd have wanked their nobs clean off in delight.

Edited by Chris_R

Did a course at work a few months ago and the bloke taking it was mackem. He was adamant that if PIF had took over Sunlun then he would cut all ties with the club and stop going. I called him out on his bullshit but he kept saying it over and over. It was pretty funny like. 

10 minutes ago, pedro111 said:

Did a course at work a few months ago and the bloke taking it was mackem. He was adamant that if PIF had took over Sunlun then he would cut all ties with the club and stop going. I called him out on his bullshit but he kept saying it over and over. It was pretty funny like. 

40 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Bob Murray still obsessed with Newcastle, nice to know some things never change.

The only way they’ve been able to cope with this takeover is by trying to trick their own mind that their cut from something different.

:lol:

5 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

In their rightful place behind Boro.

And that's not even joshing based on the last 40years

Or entire history. You wouldn’t catch small clubs like the Boro having extended stays in Division 3. 

6 defeats in 13 for them now, and as mentioned the other day, 3 of their 6 wins have come against the bottom 3 who only have 14 points between them from 36 games, and are losing to the vast majority.

It's obviously very tight from 3rd right the way down to 16th, just 6 points separating those positions, but they could be down to 11th tomorrow if results go a certain way, although saying that, I think I'd prefer Ipswich to beat Bristol City to put further distance between the top 2 and Sunderland, and then leave the likes of Leeds, Boro, Southampton, maybe WBA to fill the playoff spots.