sunderland in the EFL

Big River

21 hours ago, Billy Warthog said:

From RTG:

Nice to see that he doesn't want anyone to be hurt when SJP collapses, even though we're all murderers. 

He’s your stereotypical mackem.He’d accept relegation if a derby win was guaranteed.Just think how sad his life is after every draw or win for us.

3 hours ago, Scoot said:

One of the first replies.

Just seen yous shit yourselves outside but aye well done for being slightly more mediocre

Proper Neanderthals them lot like.

I can't tell who's who in that thread, they both have red and white colours and both sides talk shit. I think I'll leave them to it.

15 minutes ago, TotalWar said:

Just to play them at their own game.

Im 57 years old, born 1964.

In my life time, which is a pretty big sample size for this, we have finished in the top 10 of the tier 1 league (First Division, Premier League) 17 times, and played 134 games in Europe, winning the Fairs Cup of course. Its fair to say that we have underachieved in that time.

Sunderland, by contrast, have finished in the top 10 3 times, and played 4 games in Europe. 3 times in 57 years!

Yeah but it's not clear who is the biggest club. You're not factoring in that they got some pretty big gates back when WW1 was just ending. Football wasn't invented in 1964 you know.

43 minutes ago, TotalWar said:

Just to play them at their own game.

Im 57 years old, born 1964.

In my life time, which is a pretty big sample size for this, we have finished in the top 10 of the tier 1 league (First Division, Premier League) 17 times, and played 134 games in Europe, winning the Fairs Cup of course. Its fair to say that we have underachieved in that time.

Sunderland, by contrast, have finished in the top 10 3 times, and played 4 games in Europe. 3 times in 57 years!

6 in a row has ruined you marra (standard response to this and 1-9) 

Edited by GWN

The last time this lot were ahead of NUFC in terms of number of trophies won was at the end of the 1922/23 season. Nearly ONE HUNDRED years ago.

Take out the 73 cup win and their entire status, in terms of any kind of success, happened pre-WW2. Since the end of the war though they have been in slow and steady decline, and have done almost nothing of note outside of the cup win (which was also a giant-killing freak result). Relegated 11 times though, which is impressively shit.

Their average league position since 1945 is something like 22nd in the entire league pyramid. Making them, officially, a second tier club.

The Championship is their natural habitat.

Bad news for them regarding Ross Stewart. He seems to bang them in quite regularly and is probably their best player. 

Didn't RTG say they should try and go for Graham Potter when Neil fucked off to Stoke? Daft cunts must realise how stupid that sounded after todays events

Edited by Pokerprince2004