sunderland in the EFL

Big River

One of my bosses told me his stepson (also working with me) supports sunderland. First ever sunderland fan I've ever come across irl [emoji38] Decent guy, but sunderland? Fuckin' hell.

To be fair, Sunderland have had a really good season. Mowbray, nice but dull, has done very well.

I hope they beat Luton in the play-offs and are then the ghost of Jimmy Hill inspires Cov to a 10-0 destruction of the hapless mackems at Wembley. 

25 minutes ago, Donut said:

Can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading on here. Why would you ever want them promoted? I want them to be poor and miserable forever.

Same.

Stuff like "fair play to them", "well done to them" is making me barf to be honest.

1 hour ago, Donut said:

Can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading on here. Why would you ever want them promoted? I want them to be poor and miserable forever.

Personally, the rivalry doesn’t mean THAT much to me. I’d much rather have them around to beat twice a season and eventually see them relegated for a while again. 

I just don't care about them enough to be bothered what happens to them in all honesty. I don't have the want to hate non-events, they weren't close by nobody would really care.

Put $20 on them going up during their bad run. Can cash out now at $380 or get $1860 if they go up. Tempted to wait til the Luton game and see what the cash out is. It'll pay for my flights to Bali regardless 😂

2 hours ago, Scoot said:

Wonder if this gets a mention on RTG? They can't wait to throw their toys out the pram when away fans do it at their place.

Screenshot-20230508-192105-Facebook.jpg

Oh that will have been mentioned mate, because animal rights are just as important as human rights.

I'm not that interested if they go up or not. We have our own business to think about. Sure I'll keep an eye out, but there's no apprehension or anything from me. 

If they do make it (fair play if they do), we should be able to deal with them next season. If we can't, then we still need to work on how to focus on our game rather than our emotions. Some new, well chosen player additions over summer will help us with that. 

We're no longer the 'six in a row' shambles of yesteryear. Worry ye not. If we have to play them, we'll be just fine. 

I’ve said it before, but they got off lightly in the 90s.  Plenty of Mags wrote them off and looked for new rivalries elsewhere; they were insignificant and the piss-taking was minimised.  The Ashley era was a reminder not to be so soft - so I say fuck ‘em; I want to laugh at their failures from now until the day I die.  The fewm from Wearside is all the greater if they’re floundering around the lower leagues and we’re galavanting on European adventures and competing for silver pots.  No-one of a B&W persuasion should ever feel anything but a desire to see them fail again and again and again.  They would want the same for us - rightly so, too. 

I don’t give a fuck about Sunderland. But having a derby again would be awesome. And that’s going to have to happen in the PL because it sure as hell ain’t happening in any divisions below in our lifetimes. :lol: 

So come on up. Six fun points every season thank you. 

21 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

I don’t give a fuck about Sunderland. But having a derby again would be awesome. And that’s going to have to happen in the PL because it sure as hell ain’t happening in any divisions below in our lifetimes. :lol: 

So come on up. Six fun points every season thank you. 

We will have a derby. If Leeds go down and Coventry or Luton come up, I think it's Burnley.

21 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Supposed to mean them or Middlesbrough.

Why though..... You don't want them promoted?

Shouldn't that be "You don't want them promoted. Why though ?"

1 minute ago, madras said:

Shouldn't that be "You don't want them promoted. Why though ?"

[emoji38] I was meaning why am I out of my mind, then following with you don't want them promoted, as the question. 

tbf, I understand why people detest them, but derby games would be fun.